Search found 56 matches

by Zubbus
04 Jul 2009, 17:23
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Wizardry
Replies: 22
Views: 5739

So we here agree that Wizardry TOFL is pathetic? Because, for some reason, it's got quite a following on GameFAQs. Don't get me wrong, I played it myself and it made me sick. But a number of solid review there and DaveGoss (he's otherwise quite knowledgeable) defended it VEHEMENTLY as a true success...
by Zubbus
04 Jul 2009, 16:22
Topic: Ultima Online
Replies: 4
Views: 1991

Played the month that came with the box (and that was Second Age, which means a LONG time ago). I hate these games that doesn't even try to tell you the attributes of your items so you have to go everywhere except *inside the game* to find out how to play them.
by Zubbus
04 Jul 2009, 14:26
Topic: Diablo II
Replies: 16
Views: 4905

Re: Diablo II

I got this game for free recently, and I must say I can't see what's so good about it. I chose to play a barbarian and all I've been doing so far is going around clicking on wandering creatures. Sounds like HoMM? :D I really don't see what the big deal is. Does it get better later on? What do Diabl...
by Zubbus
04 Jul 2009, 13:02
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Which should I play first
Views: 1937

Oh thanks for replies.

Is there a guide on how to do that?
by Zubbus
04 Jul 2009, 12:01
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Which should I play first
Views: 1937

Which should I play first

I have the Gold Edition. Which is vanilla H5 + Hammers + Tribes.

I suppose it's worth going through them in chronological order?
by Zubbus
07 Aug 2008, 22:45
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Need HoMM 1 Campaign Help
Replies: 33
Views: 10771

Wrathchilde wrote:You know, I can't believe that I'm having such trouble with a game that came out in 1995. How embarrassing.
Well then I don't recommend chess. It came out thousands of years ago.

The knight IS the hardest of the 4 in H1. Due largely to the army being much weaker.
by Zubbus
05 Aug 2008, 09:15
Topic: Yet Another Online Heroes!
Replies: 24
Views: 11669

Yeah, played it for like a day and it's REALLY stagnant. You keep the same troops for like hundreds of battles. Most people will die of boredom before they unlock lv 7 troops, or maybe even lv 3. Still, it's a place where you can play Acromage live and vs other people, something 3DO haven't managed ...
by Zubbus
05 Aug 2008, 05:56
Topic: Travians Browser RPG Game.
Replies: 3
Views: 2694

Yep, it looks fun. I'm in. Going to start a club or guild for ourselves (i.e. Might & Magic)? Or do you have one I can join?
by Zubbus
04 Aug 2008, 00:50
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM mods?
Views: 2366

Thanks, although what I meant is more of the other way round. I know once I work up my masteries, things will really look up, but in the beginning, it's kinda of a hassle, I'm trying to figure out whether I should restart. And each MM is quite hard to play the first time because I don't want to save...
by Zubbus
03 Aug 2008, 13:00
Topic: Latest game you purchased
Replies: 254
Views: 58907

Civilization 4 Complete for £14 The quality and depth and scope are very good. The AI at mid levels are rather strong. I'm not used to getting whooped at a difficulty that is graded 4 out of 9. It's been pointed out that there's not a huge amount of story or drama in it, but it's a solid 4X game whe...
by Zubbus
03 Aug 2008, 12:43
Topic: Yet Another Online Heroes!
Replies: 24
Views: 11669

Cool! A MMO game that resembles 1 of the games I liked the most - just what I need!
I'm in. My name is Zubbus. Who wants to be my friend?
by Zubbus
03 Aug 2008, 12:26
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Do you play heroes or might and magic anymore?
Replies: 46
Views: 10489

I guess I'm a HoMM3 "devotee". Just tried to play an SoD campign, not going so well.

I also played all of the MM1 to 8 and I have 9m although I haven't played it. And I'm not ashamed to admit I haven't ever beat a single MM.
by Zubbus
03 Aug 2008, 12:02
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Musing/Rant on the future
Replies: 12
Views: 4402

Stagnating, or stagnant, is not the right word. We're not here because we haven't done anything else. I have played at least 20 new games this year. We bother to come back here because some of the MMs have been awesome. To be honest I haven't got all the exact ideas on when MM was under New World Co...
by Zubbus
03 Aug 2008, 10:17
Topic: Heroes 3 fan-made balance patch (mod) updated!
Replies: 140
Views: 133093

Everyone's opinion matters to me, and it isn't relevant to me whether you plan to use the patch or not. :) My only concern is to achieve perfect balance, and I may be wrong in some things. That's why I'm looking for feedback, so people can point out my own mistakes. If you say so :D If it's your mo...
by Zubbus
03 Aug 2008, 09:38
Topic: What difficulty do you use in single-player? (H3)
Replies: 87
Views: 31884

I can lose a game of Expert if things really don't go so well, but there's really not enough challenge to keep playing. So I play Impossible even though I lose easily most of the time.

The game needs 1 or 2 more levels between those 2.
by Zubbus
03 Aug 2008, 09:33
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Barbarian
Replies: 69
Views: 35029

"Interesting, cost-effective but limited" is how I would describe the Stronghold army. A lot of barbarians are interesting too. But barbarians already have a good chance of picking up all the useful combat skills and none of them start with Armorer. With only 1 lv 5 flyer, a very solid and...
by Zubbus
03 Aug 2008, 09:25
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Druid
Replies: 33
Views: 20292

That leaves Melodia. In fact, starting with a Druid a little bit of Luck can't hurt. In the end this makes Melodia the pick of choice: with a Druid, the rational, if slightly evil pick of Eleshar loses against the pure belief in fortune. Melodia is it. For me. Except that with expert luck, you luck...
by Zubbus
03 Aug 2008, 09:13
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Heretic
Replies: 18
Views: 11165

And Heretics grow Att/Def faster than Pow/Know so all the damage spell/Intelligence/Sorcery heroes are even mroe gimped. At least Xyron is a unique spell so you can pretend it's quite cool. But Olema is great. Pimped up Weakness will give your defense a much needed effective-boost. If you're playing...
by Zubbus
03 Aug 2008, 08:55
Topic: Conflux on Impossible (H3)
Replies: 3
Views: 2824

Well normally I am a strong believer of "money first" building plans because you'll need that to pay for everything else, but I am totally different from the poster above me that I don't think I can live without storm elementals. But I totally agree that troop switching is extremely import...
by Zubbus
03 Aug 2008, 08:23
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Cleric
Replies: 30
Views: 18283

Yeah umm First Aid sucks.
Forst Ring is nice, but not big enough compared to Meteor Shower.
I'm not a big fan of diplomacy myself.
Loynis for me.

Go to advanced search