Search found 164 matches

by alavris
14 Oct 2006, 19:47
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Here are official H5 maps converted to .h5m
Replies: 48
Views: 44943

Do I need to change ALL .pak files to zip and extract All to original Data folder or create a new dir for these files? Wouldn't it be enough just to unpak the Map Folder from the Texts.pak file? All .pak files must be extracted, because in each of these files, there are only parts of all files that...
by alavris
14 Oct 2006, 10:20
Forum: News
Topic: A Treasure Chest of Maps
Replies: 17
Views: 5446

Extract them to folder named "Maps" (in your Heroes V directory). If you don't have one, then create it.
by alavris
13 Oct 2006, 20:24
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Single Player map - Heritage
Replies: 7
Views: 2976

Shuyssar wrote:Do not use autocombat!
Why? I always use auto-combat, and when result of the battle doesn't satisfy me, I just play it myself by clicking "repeat".
by alavris
13 Oct 2006, 18:57
Topic: What do you like best for single player
Replies: 15
Views: 5064

I always play only custom maps. Fans make better scenarios than these already built in-game, so I never play campaigns. That's my strange personal opinion ;)
by alavris
13 Oct 2006, 15:34
Topic: Dying community??
Replies: 172
Views: 37002

Patch 1.3 didn't brought me back to the game, but I'm sure user made maps will. I totally agree. Don't forget that the game (talking about game itself, without maps) is only a tool to play maps! Maps are the game! Because ingame scenarios weren't enjoyable enough we have to wait for user-made ones,...
by alavris
13 Oct 2006, 15:26
Topic: Dying community??
Replies: 172
Views: 37002

If someone don't like H5... our CDs with prevoius HoMM games still exist on this Earth. :-D Why don't they (unhappy people) go back to them? I do this every month, and get much fun of it :) Maybe H5 is not liked by all fans, but please don't bury whole series because of it... Play previous Heroes! R...
by alavris
13 Oct 2006, 14:23
Topic: A simple Working Quest Hut
Replies: 21
Views: 9883

I've just realized that this was GiveHeroSkill() not HasHeroSkill() :) You can use code that I wrote with HasHeroSkill() function, just check it, you will see that it works :) When talking about GiveHeroSkill() , I'm not sure if this function returns any value at all, but if it does, than my code wi...
by alavris
13 Oct 2006, 14:12

Margie414 asked me about convertion from .pak to .h5m, so here I present in 10 steps how to do this: 1) In your Heroes V data folder, extract all .pak files to the same directory. 2) In this example we will convert multiplayer map named "M10", so firstly open extracted "\Maps\Multipla...
by alavris
13 Oct 2006, 13:47
Topic: A simple Working Quest Hut
Replies: 21
Views: 9883

JagoBC wrote:The function checker says the value of true is not recognized.
You can use this instead:

Code: Select all

If GiveHeroSkill(heroname, 29) then
...just without writing "= true".
by alavris
13 Oct 2006, 13:40
Topic: Editor tips for H5
Replies: 30
Views: 76593

I am playing in singleplayer, but could the script only work if the map is set up as scenario? Scripts always work on multiplayer map when playing in singleplayer mode. Also, when I check the function, it gets the following errors: Function not defined line 1 Oldowner not defined line 1 townname no...
by alavris
13 Oct 2006, 04:26
Topic: [H5 EDITOR] Troubleshooting topic
Replies: 579
Views: 224809

myythryyn wrote:many times the game wants the heroscript name.

http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... ames.shtml
Oh, I've never heard about it 8| So, Marzhin, you were right :)
by alavris
12 Oct 2006, 17:16

Maybe you should use the scripting name of the hero ? That's what we actually were talking about :) That's what I had done. But no result. Maybe the problem is here: REGION_ENTER_AND_STOP_TRIGGER – the hero enters the region (and must stay within it) REGION_ENTER_WITHOUT_STOP_TRIGGER – the hero ent...
by alavris
12 Oct 2006, 15:26

Probably, you've changed hero name in wrong place... Here's what must be done: Open object properties tree. To do this, mark by the cursor the hero on the map. When it's red, press CTRL+SPACE. Now, add name of the hero in this tree. It's important to do it here, because done in hero properties windo...
by alavris
11 Oct 2006, 15:25
Topic: I´ve submitted a map
Replies: 7
Views: 5258

Where did you submit this map? Why it's not in Maptesting section...?
by alavris
10 Oct 2006, 21:21
Topic: Map Selection Pictures
Views: 9026

fiur wrote:for keeping me trying to get my PWL's and thumbnails working
Well said... most important and difficult thing in this funny h5 mapmaking is not to stop trying ;)
by alavris
10 Oct 2006, 18:12
Topic: Editor tips for H5
Replies: 30
Views: 76593

How to make a MessageBox: Theory: http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=85167&highlight=#85167 Example: http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=85467&highlight=#85467 How to make an adventure object, where you can buy level-ups: Theory: http://www.celestialhe...
by alavris
09 Oct 2006, 16:52

That's a part of making thumbnail pictures process that I can't help you with, because I don't have any application that is able to make 240x180 DDS files, so I've never done it myself... ;|
by alavris
08 Oct 2006, 18:19

There is also another important thing:
fiur wrote:when U save the dds files.... you must use format:
8:8:8:8 ARGB (32 bit) format....
by alavris
08 Oct 2006, 17:57

Does your map work fine when using original (not created by you) mM4_2_pic.dds files?
by alavris
08 Oct 2006, 17:51

Can you answer 2nd part of my question? (check map and it said there were more than 8 towns (could this cause a problem not being able to see it in the custom game list?) Yes, it could cause the problem. It's been said by Nival that there can be only 8 towns on the map, but I've heard somewhere (I ...

Go to advanced search