Search found 76 matches

by Apeman
12 Jun 2007, 07:45
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Making Might & Magic VI Harder
Replies: 44
Views: 24605

The mega monster mod is pretty std, though i have made a few tweaks. All monsters get 2x hitpoints, 1.5x AC, 50% increase in probability of finding an item (assuming probably is below 100%), and a 25% increase in damage from monster special effects. What about experience gained after killing a mons...
by Apeman
11 Jun 2007, 06:54
Topic: Making Might & Magic VI Harder
Replies: 44
Views: 24605

I like some of your ideas. Especially the actual discovery of some spells will make it much more interesting. Will those books be in set places or will they appear randomly in chests? The money thing is kind of a moot point because I usually have infinite money anyway. Once I reach a certain amount ...
by Apeman
18 May 2007, 08:18
Topic: M and M 7, how did you get through the game?
Replies: 25
Views: 7809

150/200 damage of a point blank shrap metal
That's not really fair I think as I fell dragons and titans with only one or two shots of shrapmetal depending on the skill level. My last solo sorcerer did at least over 1000 damage at least.
by Apeman
11 May 2007, 08:35
Topic: MM I-V password problems
Replies: 2
Views: 1753

Indeed they are!

Why name them Key_MMII, not really clear if you ask me. Anyway, thanks a lot!
by Apeman
11 May 2007, 07:19
Topic: MM I-V password problems
Replies: 2
Views: 1753

MM I-V password problems

I never played Might and Magic I through V (I was hooked on civilization at that time) and finally have all games on one CD. The problem is those damn passwords where you have to look into the manual get this page this line and that word. That's all fine because the manuals are in pdf's on the CD, b...
by Apeman
15 Apr 2007, 18:53
Topic: MM7 view
Replies: 9
Views: 8988

I don't know if you can change the special attacks of creatures as they require a unique animation or sound. It's worth a try though, I'll look into it.
by Apeman
14 Apr 2007, 09:00
Topic: Might and Magic from the 'Platinum Era'
Replies: 18
Views: 6609

Great read those articles, everything from Might and Magic, the Infinity Engine and Fallout. As to where RPG's are going in the future, I think there is one game that will set the trend once more. Bioware revived the genre when they published Baldur's Gate. They will do it again when Dragon Age hits...
by Apeman
12 Apr 2007, 08:20
Topic: MM7 view
Replies: 9
Views: 8988

MM7 view

I tried to experiment some with the MM7 view editor thingie. Now I'm certainly no expert and that's quite the understatement, but I managed to change quite a few things. My game now has only the strongest possible monster spawns and they spawn mostly with 5 at a time instead of 1-3. I can also chang...
by Apeman
12 Apr 2007, 08:00
Topic: MM7: Good vs Evil?
Replies: 25
Views: 12443

I usually pick light side, because as so many other I can't put myself through playing evil. The evil side also has a very weak ending in comparison to the light ending.

That would be an awesome mod, a neutral side. But how would spells be divided? no dark and light, or both?
by Apeman
06 Apr 2007, 15:38
Topic: MMVII: Solo Paladin
Replies: 22
Views: 9799

I pumped it to 25, max since I picked a goblin, and I only found one barrel of personality so far. For the rest I found or bought potions of pure .....
by Apeman
06 Apr 2007, 07:59

Well Ser Barristan is enjoying his new castle. He accepted the invitations of queen gryphonheart and the king of the elves. Now I rushed through all of the timed quests because I wanted to be a Hero as fast as possible. In between times I visited the arena for my knight victories. Finally Ser Barris...
by Apeman
05 Apr 2007, 21:35

Kareeah This might help against the Minos, although I wonder if their special attack works on their buddies :) . I know for a fact though that Titans are immune against mind attacks. UndeadHalfOrc I'll send it tomorrow morning as I am not on my home computer right now. I'll update this thread with S...
by Apeman
05 Apr 2007, 20:06

UndeadHalforc, Do you want the savegame at the end, or where I am right now? @Avonu It may not be hard, but it's still harder than a full party, or soloing almost any other type of character with the sole exception of the knight. I try to cheese as little as possible, that's why I don't play peasent...
by Apeman
05 Apr 2007, 09:00

Well so far so good. Emerald Isle was a breeze. I accepted the wand from mr. Malwick, slew the dragon and multilooted it for some nice starting gear. I also needed some wands for a few tricky situation later on. cleared out every enemy on the island and took the ship to Harmondale. In Harmondale I t...
by Apeman
04 Apr 2007, 14:41

Well, if I recall correctly, only the third type (best) of Minotaurs and Titans have the death attack. Picking those one by one out of the pack should be doable. One on one I should be able to paralyze them quite quickly. Does master protection from magic protect you from death? I know GM protects a...
by Apeman
04 Apr 2007, 08:37

Light Side, because I see little advantage playing dark as I only get normal spells for either light or dark. I like the lightside story better, and it's more challenging. I plan to fight everything. The plan is too put many skill points in mace and bodybuilding for hit points and paralyzation. I ca...
by Apeman
03 Apr 2007, 17:57

Well, there's always the magic brightness slider in the controls menu ;)
by Apeman
03 Apr 2007, 14:31

MMVII: Solo Paladin

I was planning on playing a solo game with a paladin. I finally found a way to overcome the paralysis and stoning frustrations of the game by donning the cloak of the sheep. How could I have forgotten that at my last party MMMM. In any case, is it folly to play a solo game with a such a character? I...
by Apeman
21 Mar 2007, 09:09
Topic: Anyone ever thought of a speedrun for one of these games?
Replies: 7
Views: 5921

Speedruns aren't about how long ingame time you spend, it's about real time! Training takes long in game but only a few clicks real time.
by Apeman
11 Mar 2007, 09:57
Topic: Most poweful party for MM7
Replies: 40
Views: 53526

The only thing you definately need in any party is a cleric or a paladin if you go might based. The one essential spell is protection from magic! For the rest three sorcerers will kill anything in the later stages of the game.

Go to advanced search