Search found 527 matches

by klaymen
Nov 9 2011, 6:26
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Ubisoft server down, can't play, OMG
Replies: 19
Views: 7305

Some people like being anally examined before they can play the game. Of course, then there are normal people who suffer such things and there are pirates who laugh at those who have to bother themselves with the DRM. Pirates can only play in offline mode, can't use dynasty weapons or the altar of ...
by klaymen
Nov 8 2011, 11:46

Metathron wrote:Why does such an option even exist and who would willingly choose it?

Some people like being anally examined before they can play the game.
Of course, then there are normal people who suffer such things and there are pirates who laugh at those who have to bother themselves with the DRM.
by klaymen
Nov 8 2011, 8:07

What? You could not play because of Ubi server being down? Elvin in other thread posted a FAQ stating there will be no "always online" requirement and only one-time activation. Either you have overlooked something, or Elvin posted a mere PR ****, though I trust him until proven otherwise.
by klaymen
Nov 6 2011, 16:44
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Pointless but Funny Links
Replies: 1320
Views: 202759

rampantgames.com/blog/?p=3505

If Quake was made today...
by klaymen
Nov 4 2011, 13:43
Topic: Official HoMM VI Reviews.
Replies: 78
Views: 22284

Wait, what? He never played it before, so he did his research, fair enough. From his research he got the impression that HoMM 6 is a RTS.....what the holy hell was he smoking? Then he came to conclusion that it is a blend of RTS and TBS - now I've yet to play HoMM 6, but is there any new feature whi...
by klaymen
Nov 3 2011, 14:23

Dalai wrote:
All in all, Might and Magic: Heroes VI is a triumphant return for the series
... said a kid who never played any other Heroes game. :baby:

Ubisoft probably demanded that sentence to be included in the review lest they give Strategy Infirmer a finger instead of a game to review.
by klaymen
Nov 3 2011, 6:54
Topic: The Blacksmith Building...
Replies: 14
Views: 3704

Provides your army with a ballista = you may purchase the ballista here.

The siege machines were never free.
by klaymen
Oct 27 2011, 20:16

Avonu wrote:
Metathron wrote:http://www.ztgd.com/reviews/15610/might-magic-heroes-vi/ 8.5

- AI can be brutally difficult

:rofl:

Actually, he is right. Games which require you to think are sooo 80's.

I want....no, I DEMAND my awesome button. I want to press a button and watch as something awesome happens.
by klaymen
Oct 25 2011, 9:49
Topic: If I were black hole, I would be pissed
Replies: 14
Views: 5421

tress wrote:Otherwise what's the point in review

To satisfy the distributor with the crap he wants to see in the review. Otherwise no new games for you, reviewer.
:)
by klaymen
Oct 24 2011, 11:17
Topic: Breathing new life into Heroes of Might & Magic
Replies: 60
Views: 25298

I think that even if someone would put all the "best" things (from his PoV) into one game, even then people would whinr and moan that <feature1> is poorly implemented, <feature2> is superfluously complex and could be done in a more simple and efficient way, or that <feature3> is just plain...
by klaymen
Oct 24 2011, 9:54
Topic: Pronunciation of "Igor"
Replies: 20
Views: 10698

Pronouncing the name as in its original language may be nigh impossible for someone else. For example in my language, apart from a few syllables and foreignisms, every letter is said the same way, no matter the word. Unlike the English, where for example "c" in "car" is pronounce...
by klaymen
Oct 23 2011, 17:55
Topic: Will they get rid of uplay?
Replies: 10
Views: 4291

To your question, I suspect two or three years from or about a year after the last expansion a patch for those who have bought it and a fully independent version will be available to purchase for those who haven't. I can't see UBI maintaining server space indefinitely. Or they can just pull the plu...
by klaymen
Oct 21 2011, 17:18
Topic: Heroic: skills
Replies: 26
Views: 7060

This is very situational. In Heroes, spending time to level up anything might prove risky, because you'll be losing precious turns you could be doing something else. Given that WW is not turn based, yes, that might be dull. Again, there can be balancing issues on that. On one hand, yes, spending ti...
by klaymen
Oct 21 2011, 15:37
Topic: Heroic: skills
Replies: 26
Views: 7060

And what if the skills scaled with hero's level, until some cap? For example offense: +1% per hero level, up to, say, 25%? Also might heroes may have lower increase and cap in magic skills (=warrior will never be a good mage) and vice versa. Skills will be divided in might, magic and miscellaneous c...
by klaymen
Oct 21 2011, 14:38

This is my thoughts some weeks ago. It loosk like it's 1/3 of the game real fun, but making you having to be connected to have Conflux benefits is not a fair way to appease public approval, combat piracy or please offline customers. Online features shouldn't really bear a high piece of a game such ...
by klaymen
Oct 21 2011, 10:43
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 73694

<snip> This is the fundamental flaw in your argumentation: it all boils down to personal preferences, so your take on HoMM VI is as good as cjlee 's. <snip> For you, IV was some kind of regression. For me (and some others), "the game [was] FINALLY evolving!" and is considered, to this day...
by klaymen
Oct 21 2011, 6:13
Topic: I hate Nerd Rage
Replies: 23
Views: 7279

However, I agree that GW's pretty successful in creating its own mythology, although I didn't like the fact that [spoiler]the stupid spearmarshall bit ch from Nightfall became a goddess wtf[/spoiler] Actually, by GW they meant Games Workshop, the company that created Warhammer and Warhammer 40.000....
by klaymen
Oct 20 2011, 19:45
Topic: strategic balance
Replies: 4
Views: 2025

Actually, the fog of war was only in Heroes IV and even then it was not liked, or at least many people who hated Heroes IV listed it in game's cons.
Just saying.
by klaymen
Oct 20 2011, 8:32
Topic: There is a manual!
Replies: 10
Views: 3914

ohh, its just 21pages. its the manual delivered with the game (if you bought the game in dvd-box). there also exists a bigger manual made by fans (check the related topic) ;) Is it just me, or does anyone else think that fans having to create proper manual by themselves is quite pathethic (in the m...
by klaymen
Oct 19 2011, 16:36
Topic: One last wish, please hear me out
Replies: 17
Views: 5465

I'll be honest with you. Anyone who takes Metacritic or Amazon ratings into consideration, be it a Ubisoft manager or average Joe deciding whether to buy something or not, is a friggin' moron. No, I am not implying that gaming magazines or websites are any better (in fact, I don't take any ratings i...

Go to advanced search