Search found 242 matches

by Apocalypse
15 May 2007, 08:22
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Planning to Buy ‘Tribes of the East?’
Replies: 265
Views: 56733

One more thing, about TotE addon. You ppl who like H5 "visual side" You really like this too ?
As 'barbarians' they don't look that bad, but I was hoping for 'real' orcs (green skinned and uglier)
by Apocalypse
13 May 2007, 11:05
Topic: Dark Energy
Replies: 11
Views: 2901

I fail to see the connection between the Sacrifice building (which all evil races have) and the racial ability boosting building. I mean, Inferno can also sacrifice creatures from other towns. Same with Dungeon. The problem is that the Undead Converter is much more powerful, even overpowered (in man...
by Apocalypse
13 May 2007, 10:21

I didn't mean Necromancy got weaker. I just said that 20 DE is a joke and that structure is next to useless (only useful for the Lich requirement), since the 10% Necromancy bonus is not useful because we have sooo high Necromancy now... (not like it was without DE) I would like to see the Pillar giv...
by Apocalypse
13 May 2007, 09:27

Yeah, and some values are ridiculous, like the Pillar of Bones giving 20 DE :| :disagree:
by Apocalypse
13 May 2007, 09:24
Topic: Planning to Buy ‘Tribes of the East?’
Replies: 265
Views: 56733

Hmm, the Gargoyle is original and looks cool, but its flying animations really suck And btw, I like the Heroes V graphics :) This graphic comparison is too subjective (I'm talking in general), because I for one can't believe some say the Warcraft 3 graphics are good (some even mistake the WoW graphi...
by Apocalypse
13 May 2007, 09:08
Topic: alternative upgrade level?
Replies: 96
Views: 13824

With the values I gave, comparing Power and Knowledge for casting spells and using up only 50% for casting mass spells it takes ONE full turn for the Wizard to make up for the might stat difference Hmm, I'd say it's two, because there's also the first turn in which the Wizard has no spell effects a...
by Apocalypse
12 May 2007, 18:36

What Jolly-Joker doesn't get is that the battle is over long before the mana of the Knight/Wizard is out (because the battlefield is too small and thus the battle lasts only 2-3 turns); or, at least, the 'important' battle (I mean when there are a good part of troops at both sides, not when the Wiza...
by Apocalypse
11 May 2007, 17:40

I agree completely with GOW here :tsup:
by Apocalypse
11 May 2007, 16:41

Average level 15? I thought it's around 20 8| Furthermore, with a little luck you can rush the knight in week 3-4 when he is even lower level and cast a pheonix, or some meteor showers on him. No matter what he casts his troops will die too fast to make a difference. Of course, rushes :disagree: (no...
by Apocalypse
11 May 2007, 15:58
Topic: Strategy question: Gold or Experience
Replies: 40
Views: 8490

(GoldOnHand<50k?gold:(xpToLevel>15k?gold:(atXpCap?gold:XP))) The code doesn't recognize 50k as 50000! Shame on you! :D Also, for more noobs at programming: if(GoldOnHand < 50000 || // 50k seems too much though xpToLevel > 15000 || atXpCap == true) { TakeGold(); } else { TakeExp(); }
by Apocalypse
11 May 2007, 12:53
Topic: HV performance vs HoF performance?
Replies: 9
Views: 2726

From what I heard, the AI in HoF is much slower than that from the original, though I can't say for sure as I don't have HoF yet (will buy it soon though)
by Apocalypse
09 May 2007, 10:52

10 weeks for an MP game is PLENTY A MP game doesn't have to be a tournament (1v1) game. You can play with 4 players and it will last longer. Also, if all you say is true, then why the original light/dark spells use up full initiative even though they are dependant on the stack? It makes no sense wh...
by Apocalypse
08 May 2007, 18:14

I'm not sure I understand you :D
What I was trying to say is that the light/dark magic abilities are way too strong compared with +4 spellpower (what the summoning abilities do)

and btw: Fallen Knight reduces the morale of your troops by 1
by Apocalypse
08 May 2007, 14:43

Yes, that's right. But you should also add: "All the spells should be cast with the same speed", especially when we're talking about the mass spells, which are VERY strong (unlike slow creatures, which are much stronger than the fast creatures except the initiative - i.e., tanks receive ex...
by Apocalypse
08 May 2007, 14:12

Ideally magic should be able to beat might with magic, for example by rapidly casting mass spells. why rapidly? Why not only by casting mass spells? They are much stronger than the original spell anyway, and I think one ability is good only for the mass effect (can you imagine how many times you wo...
by Apocalypse
08 May 2007, 13:03

@JollyJoker: You want to change the Dark/Light magic spells to be more effective with spell power? Then I guess you like the basic idea of my thread about spells here ;) Also, I think the Knight has something valuable to cast, so the 50% init is a very good improvement. Sure, the mana is not very hi...
by Apocalypse
08 May 2007, 11:15

Sure, Mass Haste is ok. On the other hand you should have expert Light Magic to make it really effective and you need some Knowledge. You won't have Sorcery, so your hero will act rather later - later than those Familiars, for example. So against an Inferno, for example, you won't cast anything. It...
by Apocalypse
04 May 2007, 15:05
Topic: US 1.5 patch is out
Replies: 7
Views: 2295

This is not fair. As you know, the growth system is not fair amongst tiers! So, this duel editor allows you to create 6 ArchAngels in a stack, and only 42 Assassins (an example). They are MUCH weaker :disagree: So, people will only concentrate on level 5-7 creatures :mad: I was hoping for a more 'po...
by Apocalypse
04 May 2007, 14:35
Topic: Ultimate abilities
Replies: 9
Views: 2729

So if u have let's say 4 altars, 60% increase without ultimate, 120 with it. - more than double dmg! count luck and nice dmg will be there... Uhmm, no. It's not more than double damage, because without the ultimate you still have 60% increase, so the ultimate gives you only a 60% increase to damage...
by Apocalypse
04 May 2007, 12:19
Topic: US 1.5 patch is out
Replies: 7
Views: 2295

Yay! It's finally done :)

Go to advanced search