Search found 127 matches

by Roman
29 Oct 2008, 14:49
Forum: News
Topic: King´s Bounty: The Legend Patch
Replies: 22
Views: 6398

King´s Bounty: The Legend Patch

Another question: What world is King's Bounty: The Legend set in? Is it in the old Might & Magic universe or in the new Might & Magic universe or in a separate universe altogether?
by Roman
29 Oct 2008, 14:36

Well, at the end of the battle you get loot - so maybe they would be included in the loot, but I don't know.
by Roman
29 Oct 2008, 03:31

I just got the demo - this game is awesome!

Does anybody know if he chests that appear during battle-scenes disappear if I don't pick them up during battles?
by Roman
28 Oct 2008, 17:16
Topic: UbiSoft is Making Money
Replies: 104
Views: 25534

UbiSoft is Making Money

Back to the factions - yes, I do like uniqueness too. That's why I am willing to settle for 6 factions. I would not, however, accept say only 3 or 4 factions, no matter how unique they were.
by Roman
28 Oct 2008, 17:15

UbiSoft is Making Money

4E is just stupid overall - not just in alignments! ;)
by Roman
28 Oct 2008, 14:39

UbiSoft is Making Money

I like how the factions are structured in HOMM V. The one thing I do wish for from HOMM III is that they would start with 8 initial factions rather than 6 as in HOMM IV, but I do understand that this is difficult given that each faction now has much more mechanically unique creatures and a greater d...
by Roman
26 Oct 2008, 19:50
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: question: can you fight with only resurrected troops?
Replies: 17
Views: 6487

Ok, so maybe it was just confusion caused by tha phrasing of some of the above posters.
by Roman
26 Oct 2008, 17:48

Interesting, but some of the players above speak of having 5 resurrected Titans left when this happened - well resurrected creatures are like normal creatures, so it shouldn't happen unless I am missing something.
by Roman
26 Oct 2008, 17:33

UbiSoft is Making Money

Asheera, thanks for posting that article - I enjoyed reading it a great deal. The automatic translation is far from perfect, but understandable enough. :) I think I agree with the conclusion that the back and forth between a developer and a publisher can lead to a better game in the end. That said, ...
by Roman
26 Oct 2008, 17:30

PhoenixReborn wrote:But it is possible that neither hero would win in which case possession goes to the defender.
When does that happen?
by Roman
26 Oct 2008, 15:44

UbiSoft is Making Money

I think Heroes 5 is an excellent game and Nival/Ubisoft did a good job on it and saved the franchise. As such, I would expect that Heroes 6 would be similarly well-done and if not, well then I would just stay with Heroes 5, just as I stayed with Heroes 3, when Heroes 4 was released and did not appea...
by Roman
24 Oct 2008, 14:17

UbiSoft is Making Money

Well, at this point I am still rather satisfied with HOMM V and the expansions, so I don't really feel the need for HOMM VI yet. Still, if it were being made, I would certainly welcome it. I have never actually played the MM RPGs back in the day (apart from playing a little of MM VI, where I did enj...
by Roman
24 Oct 2008, 04:34

UbiSoft is Making Money

I feel generally supportive of companies that make products that I like (unless I feel they betray my trust somehow or try to misuse this trust, but Ubisoft has not done that), so I am also rather happy to see Ubisoft doing well. HOMM V + Expansions are excellent games, so I am definitely glad that ...
by Roman
23 Oct 2008, 04:09
Topic: True beginner seeks instruction
Replies: 30
Views: 9196

So the only reason to buy the other expansion would be if you really wanted to play that campaign That answers that question perfectly. :D Thanks! The Tribes of the East (or ToE as it is affectionately known around here) is truly an excellent expansion, but before installing it, I would wait until ...
by Roman
20 Oct 2008, 23:07
Topic: Best creeping faction
Replies: 32
Views: 12966

Necropolis are probably the best creepers with Dungeon a close second.
by Roman
19 Oct 2008, 07:13
Topic: Q&A: Mike Morhaime on DRM, WoW and the next MMO
Replies: 23
Views: 5366

Q&A: Mike Morhaime on DRM, WoW and the next MMO

DRM stands for Digital Rights Management and DDRM for Draconian Digital Rights Management - a term that seeks to differentiate between normal/friendly DRM that relies on CD checks, CD keys and so on and between draconian DRM that has limited installs, necessitates online activations and so on. Starf...
by Roman
19 Oct 2008, 03:28

Wow, I didn't know that Heroes V was supposed to have Starforce. Kudos to you all for fighting to remove it and succeeding! I was not following the development of HOMM V - I didn't even know it was being made. In any case, I hope you are right that Heroes VI does not have some draconian DRM (DDRM), ...
by Roman
17 Oct 2008, 17:07

All this does make me wonder whether HOMM 6 also implements draconian DRM (DDRM), such as online activation and install limits. As much as I like the HOMM series, if it does do that, I will most definitely not buy it.
by Roman
29 Sep 2008, 13:39
Topic: Separate at Birth
Replies: 19
Views: 12581

Re: Separate at Birth

After playing HOMMV for countless hours your mind starts to wander in funny directions. This is a possible explanation why Havez is so imba. Because... THIS... IS... SPARTA!!!! http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/tiagoinka/havez.JPG (Possibly why he comes up with 300 gremlins too...) Bring yours too! The...
by Roman
29 Sep 2008, 13:38
Topic: Separate at Birth
Replies: 19
Views: 12581

Great pictures Metathron! "Make yourself into a H5 (or general HOMM) hero of your choice" contest is a great idea - sounds like great fun! Heck, it would be cool at some stage in the future to have a contest to just make yourself look appropriate to some kind of faction as a general hero!

Go to advanced search