Search found 46 matches

by godlyatheist
04 Jan 2008, 06:29
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: So what's the final verdict on Heroes V?
Replies: 271
Views: 58427

My take on this game: only good for multiplayer. The AI is horrible. It cheats and hogs your computer. Why does it need to pass those artifacts back and forth a billion times per turn? http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/godlyatheist/stupid-heroes-ai.jpg Quick saves are a pain in the ass when th...
by godlyatheist
07 Oct 2007, 23:30
Topic: Buying HOMMV with GMA950, Quick, quick!
Replies: 5
Views: 2000

i ran it on gma 950 a few times. you have to set everything to low. there are some grapgics glitches but the game is playable
by godlyatheist
23 Sep 2007, 04:20
Topic: emphasize strength or compensate weakness?
Replies: 28
Views: 11346

I always try to emphasize the MOST NEEDED skill and perks of a faction. It might be strength or weakness. Take dungeon for example. I go after defense stats rather than atk cuz i know a might dungeon needs more survival skills for it's creature. Then i boost knowledge so i have mana to cast my spell...
by godlyatheist
22 Sep 2007, 00:13
Topic: Why +2 morale?
Replies: 13
Views: 4562

So basically aaelgr you are arguing that luck is more powerful (and therefore should be reduced) than morale? Because if I understand it right, the morale and luck numbers are capped at 5 and then the rings are going to reduce them to 3. his point is that when you use the ring that reduces luck is ...
by godlyatheist
22 Sep 2007, 00:07

Romanov77 wrote:This makes Leadership a bit redundant, isnt it??
No, haven with leadership doesn't need extra arty to boost morale, since it will be at 5. The knight can put arties that boost stats (like knowledge) instead of morale boosting arty.
by godlyatheist
20 Sep 2007, 18:38

now that i think of it, the -2 morale artyt is not nearly powerful as the -2 luck arty
by godlyatheist
20 Sep 2007, 18:37
Topic: Another bug - please help
Replies: 6
Views: 1934

You sure you got all the dungeon stacks? You may have to turn the camera to see some of them. Or use the map cheap to reveal the whole map and see what you missed. I've not had that bug.
by godlyatheist
20 Sep 2007, 04:04
Topic: Heroic only with Freny, PM, or Phantom forces?
Replies: 14
Views: 5381

well, the easiest way to win the warlock campaign is to restart many times during the first mission so you can get light magic. This way you can use insane resurrect + super powerful dmg spell to blast your way through. Some people might say it's cheap, but it certainly works. Why control the crowd ...
by godlyatheist
20 Sep 2007, 04:00
Topic: Sound question
Replies: 6
Views: 1802

.pak are just rename zip files, you can open them w/ winzip, winrar, 7-zip. Just change the sound files inside and then repack it. after that change the extension to .pak and you're good to go.
by godlyatheist
19 Sep 2007, 18:49
Topic: Is HoMMV might heavy?
Replies: 48
Views: 10489

PhoenixReborn wrote:Also I have a question, if your own stack is puppet mastered can you cast blind on it?
I'd just hit it to negate the blind, that way my puppetmaster is still working and i did dmg to your creatures. Plus you wasted a turn casting blind.
by godlyatheist
18 Sep 2007, 04:23

godlyatheist wrote: Summoning is not the best magic, period Dungeon: Summoning-not very useful since it can't help you dish out that much damage. Ya pheonix is good but it cost a godly 35 mana, plus that pheonix doesn't reborn. Please. A simple raise dead is enough to keep the phoenix going strong....
by godlyatheist
17 Sep 2007, 20:34
Topic: Starting heroes
Replies: 11
Views: 4319

Vayshan's ability is useless, but he does have a lot of troops. Eruina's lightning bolt cost too much in relation to her mana. Not sure I can agree with you here. Scouts/Assassins are useful throughout the game (seeing as they're pretty much your only shooter) so how can making them stronger every ...
by godlyatheist
14 Sep 2007, 22:56

about whether magic faction can beat might faction Well, if the might army doesn't use any magic or magic protection, then direct dmg spell and dark magic will cripple it very fast. I think of it this way: might factions has all of its dmg output in the creatures. Magic factions generally have lower...
by godlyatheist
14 Sep 2007, 22:14

Summoning is not the best magic, period Dungeon: Summoning-not very useful since it can't help you dish out that much damage. Ya pheonix is good but it cost a godly 35 mana, plus that pheonix doesn't reborn. It's just better to blast the crap out of your enemy with meteor show+slipper. Phatom force ...
by godlyatheist
14 Sep 2007, 21:28
Topic: Ultimate ability
Replies: 24
Views: 9054

Battle for Androna and Playground of the gods, but they are slow maps

Try the enigma, easily reach your desired ultimate. Very fun for warlocks, I got to 50+ sp :D
by godlyatheist
14 Sep 2007, 21:23
Topic: best race against necromancer
Replies: 24
Views: 6674

Necro needs boneward and magic protection arties against dungeon. I'd say dungeon rush or academy MMR will own necro. Late game is more favorable for might faction races that have light magic. When i play necro i mod the DE points so i have like 400 in week two, enough for raising a pack of vamps :D...
by godlyatheist
14 Sep 2007, 21:14

haven: Irina with one griffin isn't gonna do much in the beginning. I've tried Vittorio's ballista, it's not that effective in the beginning. Klaus in the beggining is bad imo Dungeon Vayshan's ability is useless, but he does have a lot of troops. Eruina's lightning bolt cost too much in relation to...
by godlyatheist
14 Sep 2007, 03:46

Starting heroes

I'm no expert in homm v, but i feel that some factions have more choices in "good" starting heroes. Academy: Havez, Jhora, Nathir Haven: Dougal, anyone else? Dungeon: Sinitar, Yrwanna Inferno Deleb, anyone else? Necro: Naadir, kaspar Sylvan: Ossir, anyone else? Fortress: Ingvar, anyone els...
by godlyatheist
25 May 2007, 08:26
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: modding help--crash when selecting hero
Replies: 0
Views: 2360

modding help--crash when selecting hero

I read the modding for dummy guide and decided to change a few things in the original H5: 1) building cost 2) starting skill for some heroes I took the stuff i modded, compiled a zip archive called p3c-data.zip, and changed the extension to .pak. Now the game is using resource cost from version 1.0 ...
by godlyatheist
21 Mar 2007, 19:08
Topic: Black Dragon spell immunity
Replies: 17
Views: 5611

The morale penalty works like this: Either you don't suffer from it, or you get bad morale 3 turns in a row. It is really frustrating that my army of 3 races can't move at all for 3 turns.

Go to advanced search