Search found 43 matches

by Namerutan
29 Oct 2016, 13:51
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Some ideas on 3D in Heroes that I hope modders will take up on.
Replies: 9
Views: 10068

Re: Some ideas on 3D in Heroes that I hope modders will take up on.

Agree about more "strategizing", but I'm not sure if we want the same things about "realistic". To give an example on something you have not discussed here, it is ok for me to represent a bunch of minotaurs by just 1 unit with a number over it. There are a lot of things already d...
by Namerutan
23 Oct 2016, 05:29
Forum: News
Topic: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?
Replies: 64
Views: 34464

Re: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?

Oh yes they chose an audience alright, the people who will blindly pre-order, hopefully it didn't work that well. :-D I preordered Heroes5 in collector's edition. Not pleased, I bought the expansions, but not the special editions (and not preordered). I played H6 on a friend's PC, and decided to no...
by Namerutan
22 Oct 2016, 13:07
Topic: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?
Replies: 64
Views: 34464

Re: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?

trapped into doing more of the same since that's what gives definite profit (or so it is assumed). They are not trapped - they are mistaken. If you have no vision, this is an expected outcome. Agree with Pol, and the mistake comes from the next quotes: it will just end up being a graphically update...
by Namerutan
22 Oct 2016, 00:08
Topic: Heroes II. - Project Ironfist
Replies: 20
Views: 12073

Re: Heroes II. - Project Ironfist

I wish this innovation could be applied to all versions of Heroes that people are working on now. (Hint: it is time for Heroes 2 to stop featuring, for instance, pyramids with a fixed number of mummies. Back in these days I loved hitting these 'average speed' walkers with Mass Slow for experience a...
by Namerutan
21 Oct 2016, 08:42

cjlee wrote:Can you imagine playing H3 on a 30" monitor? It will be practically pixelated minecraft.
I play Heroes4 (and sometimes Heroes3) using a Samsung 28" monitor, 4K resolution, and I still prefer these 2 over any of the posterior games. ;)
by Namerutan
17 Oct 2016, 17:59

As much as I loved H2, I really question whether there is a need to do this project. Ultimately H2 is severely outdated. Already H7 does not meet the GUI expectations of modern gamers, much less H2. How are you going to make the game still look good on a 24" screen which is standard nowadays? ...
by Namerutan
15 Oct 2016, 13:20
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: HEROES 7 Trial by Fire
Replies: 19
Views: 15583

Re: HEROES 7 Trial by Fire

cjlee wrote: I can't code, I can't draw, I can't render - but I can think and write.
Which honors you... :applause:
by Namerutan
16 Sep 2016, 21:28
Topic: AI Enhancement Tool - first test results
Replies: 17
Views: 11586

Re: AI Enhancement Tool - first test results

Karmakeld wrote:Now that Namerutan is back, will he continue with his artifact script? 'coz that could help improve AI's choices.
My mind is becoming old. Please, give me some clues as reminder...
by Namerutan
15 Sep 2016, 01:21
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: How to copy/paste map contents?
Replies: 5
Views: 6272

Re: How to copy/paste map contents?

Save the map with a different name? or maybe you mean to opy into a bigger map?
by Namerutan
12 May 2015, 12:32
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Need a save from all the unlocked campaigns
Replies: 13
Views: 25024

So now, what i am missing are the SOD unlocked games. Anybody got SOD? Some time ago, I got a file from another Celestial Heavens member: Qurqirish Dragon http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=807 The file was posted in an old personal page (not available now) fo...
by Namerutan
12 May 2015, 12:07
Topic: Random Map Generator for H4
Replies: 30
Views: 15105

You can set (...) Thanks for answering. I'm very interested on what other people thinks about landscaping. I know a Random Map Generator is not an easy task, and just landscaping maybe the least required option for most people interested in a RMG, but anyway I thank you (and anybody who cares to op...
by Namerutan
11 May 2015, 22:06
Topic: Random Map Generator for H4
Replies: 30
Views: 15105

jeff wrote:H4util attempts this but it doesn't give consistent results when dividing between snow, desert, etc.
Please, could you explain this in detail?
by Namerutan
11 May 2015, 10:06
Topic: Need a save from all the unlocked campaigns
Replies: 13
Views: 25024

Re: Need a save from all the unlocked campaigns

I have replayed all the AB campaigns, but for some reason, my saves do not work - only the last save from the last campaign is visible (WTF), therefore i can not open the hidden campaign. (...) Also my cousin was about to finish Shadow of Death campaign when i accidentally deleted his game from the...
by Namerutan
08 May 2015, 22:44
Topic: Why HIV is better or equal to HIII
Replies: 77
Views: 35249

As a moderator I must applaud the participants; for a topic that has often become incendiary this one has been very civil and appropriate; keep it up. :applause: Yes, until now this is the best thread about that subject. However, I'm still afraid nobody yet started a thread like "Why Heroes3 i...
by Namerutan
08 May 2015, 22:00
Topic: H4 neutrals and difficulty
Replies: 19
Views: 12117

By the way: isn't that true that AI fight an army when he has got 100% certainty that he wins? No, in fact the AI fights too often armies that shouldd not fight, and so you can see the tomb stones if there was at least one hero in the defeated army. I don't think it is possible to script in an edit...
by Namerutan
08 May 2015, 08:48
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Bug reports
Replies: 99
Views: 141011

Druid's Chain doesn't seem to work right. It's supposed to be a +1 level to Summoning skill, yet at Master I still get White Tigers etc. and not Elementals. I confirm this. The Druid's Chain increases the total experience points of the summoned creatures, but it does not affect to the type of creat...
by Namerutan
07 May 2015, 16:21
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: BDJ Heroes VII mod
Replies: 4
Views: 3677

Re: BDJ Heroes VII mod

Is the mod by BDJ for Heroes VII available for download any more? I've looked around and can't seem to find a link that works. Thanks, dhalgren17 I think you mean Might&Magic VII, not Heroes7 :D As Big Daddy Jim is retired, I think the site is no longer available, but you could try Maestro's mo...
by Namerutan
07 May 2015, 15:02

Also, secondary skills as Healing or Ocultism are not forbidden. It means that those schools of magic can be learned in Magic Universities, if they are present on the map. Yes, but in this map there are no ways to learn these magic schools: - No Magic University - No Witch's Hut - No School of Magi...
by Namerutan
07 May 2015, 11:44
Topic: HoMM 4 file needed
Replies: 2
Views: 3357

Re: HoMM 4 file needed

Hello. I my version of the game (Heroes 4 Gold Edition PL) Bohb, Kozuss and Alita does not have their unique models in game. I found that the problem lies in table.heroes.txt. I will be very grateful if someone extracted this file from his or her English copy of the game using mh4 and put it on an ...
by Namerutan
07 May 2015, 08:14

The second map for the might campaign in H4Std has custom settings for the available skills, and there are 5 forbidden skills including 4 Schools of Magic: Chaos, Death, Life and Order. So, at least for this case, the game is working as intended (not a bug). However, if you hire some hero with any o...

Go to advanced search