Search found 286 matches

by DaveO
Dec 16 2012, 1:44
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: History of Might & Magic (includes Heroes and spinoffs)
Replies: 38
Views: 30228

With the release of HoMM6, I'll leave it up to the best of you on how to ammend or rewrite this history piece.
by DaveO
Sep 17 2012, 19:25
Topic: Might and Magic VIII
Replies: 32
Views: 13371

If you're playing more than one character in MM8, I don't think you'll run into money problems. A solo character could have challenges with leveling, inventory, and other issues. I've done a few solo characters though and I recall still having enough money to continue training(up to level 100 or 125).
by DaveO
Jul 14 2012, 5:15
Topic: Was there ever a druid class planed for MaM 8?
Replies: 4
Views: 2910

From what I understood, a Druid was playtested and could solo the game. Given enough luck and good items, many classes could probably also solo the game.
by DaveO
Apr 30 2012, 17:01
Topic: Might & Magic VIII and Might & Magic IX Boxes?
Replies: 6
Views: 1907

The MM8 box is larger than the MM9 box. Around the time between MM8 and MM9 most places were transitioning to the smaller form boxes for games.

The UPC from MM8 is 5055-01-005(top number), 90561 50551(bottom).
The UPC from MM9 is 5304-01-005(top number), 90561 53041(bottom).
by DaveO
Feb 11 2012, 3:52
Topic: Cox shuts down Personal Webspace
Views: 1812

I was very fortunate to have Taluntain from Sorcerers.Net host the files. My new site locations is at: http://www.sorcerers.net/Games2/DaveO/
by DaveO
Jan 13 2012, 17:49

members.cox.net/dave.caspermeyer was the old URL. I decided to go with Dropbox for future patch support. Anybody needing MM6 thru MM9 patches can send me a PM and I'll share the Dropbox link.
by DaveO
Jan 12 2012, 17:52

Cox shuts down Personal Webspace

Cox Communications has decided to discontinue providing Personal WebSpace for its customers effective December 6, 2011. Fortunately, I still have a copy of my site but I was wondering if I should bother to rebuild it. I had patches for MM6 thru MM9 on the site along with other data and information.
by DaveO
Nov 1 2011, 21:46
Topic: Looking back at M&M games (7-8) and their classes
Replies: 15
Views: 3906

For the most part, you are correct in regards to mixed classes. However, Dark Elf/Minotaur is very useful for the many chests and in my opinion the Vampire has more to offer in terms of offense versus the Cleric. In MM8, the Cleric promotion is very simple to get and they get fairly useful items(Ecl...
by DaveO
Oct 26 2011, 17:48
Topic: Might and Magic 3-4-5 music
Replies: 8
Views: 2052

There would likely be music on somebody's YouTube channel. I've seen music for a number of games posted.
by DaveO
Oct 11 2011, 19:50
Topic: Might & Magic VI - Special vs. Limited Edition
Replies: 10
Views: 3936

I got a copy of Limited Edition for $20. Good Old Games now also has the same content for half the price(with the exception of the cloth map). I can't advise paying three to five times the cost of the GoG M&M pack just for the map.
by DaveO
Jun 9 2011, 14:56
Topic: Ultimate MM8 party
Replies: 73
Views: 25501

If you want a minimal party without going solo, then the best mix is Knight with Cleric/Vampire and Dark Elf.
by DaveO
May 1 2011, 16:53
Topic: MM6 crash after intro
Replies: 7
Views: 3441

I have no issues on a Windows 7 64 bit machine for MM6. I don't have to run in compatibility mode or run the game as Administrator. I am using Mok's patch, which won't work for the Good Old Games version.
by DaveO
Apr 22 2011, 17:30

Thanks for the nomination! I do realize that the Heroes games and the spinoffs are the biggest areas I don't have much knowledge about. If anybody wants to add in additional information, it would make the post more likely to get stickied.
by DaveO
Mar 22 2011, 22:59
Topic: Updated my Might and Magic Web page
Replies: 0
Views: 701

Updated my Might and Magic Web page

I was thinking of adding the patches thru Media Store and Share, but I found out that the personal Webspace has 20 megabytes of storage. I went ahead and added the Mok and GreyFace patches along with 3DO's MM9 1.0 to 1.2 patch. I added the TELP unofficial MM9 1.2 to 1.3 patch as well. My Web page is...
by DaveO
Mar 8 2011, 16:48

Before the Mok's and GreyFace patches, I briefly filled a need with the 1.1 executable file for MM6. While this forum is focused on M&M, I can honestly say that many of the other forums might have a handful of questions each year. I see very limited use or need for my Web page, there are already...
by DaveO
Feb 27 2011, 11:58

History of Might & Magic (includes Heroes and spinoffs)

I wrote this around a year ago for a different site, but multiple attempts to contact them to see where they are at for editing it returned no replies. Instead of letting my efforts go to waste, I thought I'd share this with you. Please bear in mind that some entries are reliant on Wikipedia as a so...
by DaveO
Jan 9 2011, 19:53
Topic: The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!
Replies: 923
Views: 288879

Is there a change log listing all of the differences versus vanilla 1.2?
by DaveO
Dec 11 2010, 20:07
Topic: Let's Play - Might and Magic 8: Day of the Destroyer
Replies: 20
Views: 5395

I checked on Zivage, but it seems that he shut down his YouTube channel. I'll definitely finish MM8, but for the other games it may take a long time due to a personal resolution to focus on obtaining a job.
by DaveO
Dec 9 2010, 13:19
Topic: All Official, Unofficial and Useful patches?
Replies: 8
Views: 2447

I prefer the Mok patches for MM6 and MM7. If you have any need to go in the Wasp Nest for MM8, you'll need GrayFace's patch. I'd revert back to Mok's for MM8 after doing the Wasp Nest due to bugs in the MM8 GrayFace patch.

http://chlala.dk/mightandmagic/Mok/
by DaveO
Nov 22 2010, 5:33
Topic: Let's Play - Might and Magic 8: Day of the Destroyer
Replies: 20
Views: 5395

I just hope that he goes with not picking any dragons to recruit into his party, or using Cauri since she's easily recruitable well before any of the other characters are close to level 50.

Go to advanced search