Search found 302 matches

by DaveO
25 Mar 2024, 04:28
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Thinking of MM8 AND MM Merge challenge
Replies: 7
Views: 558

Re: Thinking of MM8 AND MM Merge challenge

But I am playing Ranger with Minotaur. So no healing unless it get a HP drain weapon. Merchant skill is gonna suck. I'll do both Axe and dual wield options. Might have a better chance on Bolster difficulty.
by DaveO
23 Mar 2024, 21:51

To answer my own question, yes. However, it's all-or-nothing so Bolster 200% it is. I am so screwed.
by DaveO
23 Mar 2024, 21:46

Is Minotaur Ranger even possible?
by DaveO
23 Mar 2024, 15:59

I think Ranger fits my style a bit better then Paladin. I love nature and its quirks.
by DaveO
23 Mar 2024, 15:05

Thinking of MM8 AND MM Merge challenge

What do you folks think of a solo Minotaur run in MM8? And for Merge I'd like to attempt solo Paladin. Probably asking for trouble, but hey I'm a bit "bullish" and perhaps more stubborn than what Darwin would recommend.
by DaveO
22 Mar 2024, 20:58
Topic: Still "creaking" around
Replies: 2
Views: 332

Re: Still "creaking" around

Hey Pol! I saw your name when I was searching thru my emails. I may have been inactive as long as my YouTube channel was. It was left alone for almost ten years.
by DaveO
22 Mar 2024, 14:33
Topic: Still "creaking" around
Replies: 2
Views: 332

Still "creaking" around

Relatively minor Might and Magic veteran showing my face again. I hope everyone still using this forum can understand my long absence. Life happens, but it also finds a way.
by DaveO
20 Jun 2021, 12:50
Topic: MMX: Legacy Info
Replies: 16
Views: 26866

Re: MMX: Legacy Info

I hope somebody like GoG just buys out the rights to both M&M and Heroes. It's pretty clear Ubisoft itself is a very shady company and not interested in providing long or short term support(look at HoMM7 as proof).
by DaveO
30 May 2021, 05:29
Topic: History of Might & Magic (includes Heroes and spinoffs)
Replies: 45
Views: 71996

Re: History of Might & Magic (includes Heroes and spinoffs)

A history of Might & Magic Might & Magic as a series began in 1986, and ended in 2002. During the 16 year span, a number of spinoff products were produced. Multiple re-releases of the series occurred with the more memorable relesase editions called: Limited Edition(MM1 thru MM6), Interplay's...
by DaveO
30 May 2021, 04:59

Once I post the updated version of the history article, that is it for me. You won't see me post again in this or any other forum. I am well past "expiration date" and it is far more important for others to make contributions where they can. I know when I'm not needed any more.
by DaveO
27 May 2021, 10:58

I'm running into impasses documenting the bugs. I know of some in MM6 and MM8, but again I really want the article to be top notch. With the delays I'm going to push for July 4th update with of course editors checking and confirming things.
by DaveO
23 May 2021, 19:35

That's fine with me. The ideal situation would be a professional edit along with my input and what I wrote. With Memorial Day coming up and me having plenty of time due to being out of work at the moment, I'll dedicate that time to a re-edit on my part. In fact, I'm going to cover the bugs in Swords...
by DaveO
15 Apr 2021, 07:32

If anyone wants to clean up what I submitted, that is fine with me. I don't see an opportunity on my end to perhaps do the initial article a bit better but that may change.
by DaveO
15 Apr 2021, 07:30
Topic: Might & Magic Discord server
Replies: 10
Views: 16986

Re: Might & Magic Discord server

We had a good session with Tim Lang and I last Sunday. Tim got into the internal stuff at 3DO and I mentioned exactly where I was involved for the MM8 Lord Brinne Tribute.
by DaveO
20 Jan 2021, 04:59
Topic: MM FAQ/Walkthrough list
Replies: 20
Views: 63977

Re: MM FAQ/Walkthrough list

Feel free to add my Swords of Xeen walkthrough to this list:
https://sorcerers.net/Games2/DaveO/sox.html
by DaveO
20 Jan 2021, 04:24

Hey folks! I hope you all still remember me. I'm STILL supporting MM6 through MM8 on https://sorcerers.net/Games2/DaveO/. Now I do know that MMX with an expansion was released so I do respect the attempt to revive M&M. My understanding is that Heroes of M&M is doing a lot better in terms of ...
by DaveO
16 Dec 2012, 01:44

With the release of HoMM6, I'll leave it up to the best of you on how to ammend or rewrite this history piece.
by DaveO
17 Sep 2012, 19:25
Topic: Might and Magic VIII
Replies: 32
Views: 22073

If you're playing more than one character in MM8, I don't think you'll run into money problems. A solo character could have challenges with leveling, inventory, and other issues. I've done a few solo characters though and I recall still having enough money to continue training(up to level 100 or 125).
by DaveO
14 Jul 2012, 05:15
Topic: Was there ever a druid class planed for MaM 8?
Replies: 4
Views: 5331

From what I understood, a Druid was playtested and could solo the game. Given enough luck and good items, many classes could probably also solo the game.
by DaveO
30 Apr 2012, 17:01
Topic: Might & Magic VIII and Might & Magic IX Boxes?
Replies: 6
Views: 4473

The MM8 box is larger than the MM9 box. Around the time between MM8 and MM9 most places were transitioning to the smaller form boxes for games.

The UPC from MM8 is 5055-01-005(top number), 90561 50551(bottom).
The UPC from MM9 is 5304-01-005(top number), 90561 53041(bottom).

Go to advanced search