Search found 1005 matches

by Bandobras Took
Feb 14 2020, 17:03
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Is Armor Worth It? Interesting Numbers
Replies: 19
Views: 2300

Re: Is Armor Worth It? Interesting Numbers

Well i quoted it just because i remember mm7 better than 6, but point remains same, mm6 have same level of monsters, in fact I would say mm6 have it worse because it doesn't have get out of jail free card of protection from magic, which nullifies one if hardest danger that armor doesn't mitigate. A...
by Bandobras Took
Feb 8 2020, 13:45

Speaker For The Dead isn't a MM6 Monster. Keep in mind, I'm talking about MM6. Okay; I did some testing, and here's an oddity: It looks like anything with a *ranged* non-physical auto-attack ignores Armor Class entirely. *Druid* enemies will hit you at 100% no matter your armor class. However, go fi...
by Bandobras Took
Feb 8 2020, 1:49

In the late game, everything hits with 99% accuracy anyway, so unless you can stack Power or Immunities or relevant resistances, you're back to "less helpful than it could be" Unless Grayface was lying, this is false. Nor has it been my experience. but i mm auto attacks from monster are f...
by Bandobras Took
Feb 6 2020, 23:40
Topic: [MM6] Is There Any Data On Stuns From Weapon Skills?
Replies: 2
Views: 141

Re: [MM6] Is There Any Data On Stuns From Weapon Skills?

That's a question, too . . . is the stun effect of weapons just a copy of the Earth Spell, or is it its own effect?
by Bandobras Took
Feb 6 2020, 22:26
Topic: [MM6] Is There Any Data On Stuns From Weapon Skills?
Replies: 2
Views: 141

[MM6] Is There Any Data On Stuns From Weapon Skills?

I'm assuming the chance to stun is equal to the skill rank, and that stunning an opponent keeps them from acting for a short time. Those are both vast assumptions, though. Even if they're accurate, how long does the stun last? Is it affected by anything? Are there enemies that are immune to it? Main...
by Bandobras Took
Feb 5 2020, 12:59

Armsmaster is without a doubt the way to go and makes dual-wield a no-brainer. However, as I mentioned, I was talking about MM6 in my last post, wherein Armsmaster doesn't exist. Without Armsmaster, swords aren't getting any bonus damage whatsoever, nor are daggers(other than a tripling of the *dagg...
by Bandobras Took
Feb 4 2020, 21:45

No matter the monster level or the AC, the monster's base chance to hit before taking into account any armor was 95 to 98 percent. AC 50 started approaching a mathematical limit of 75% vs. just about any monster level. AC 100 started approaching a mathematical limit of 50% vs. just about any monste...
by Bandobras Took
Nov 18 2019, 0:21
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Haven - Something is Rotten
Replies: 13
Views: 125076

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Haven - Something is Rotten

One other note:

Once you've gotten the Orcs down to one town, it's worth it to use your towns' scrying ability to reveal all of the opposing Haven lands to determine the best time to take the last town and open the gates.
by Bandobras Took
Nov 17 2019, 16:03

Update to the update to the update: :)

There is a window to get the Griffins if you ignore the central fort and focus on taking Orange's first fort. That allows some breathing room to unlock the Griffins and have a healthy stack for later wiping out Orange before Tan invades too far.
by Bandobras Took
Nov 17 2019, 0:10

To update the Sir_Toejam update: My experience has been that by the time you get enough troops together to get through the wolves on the way to the orange town, they've assembled close to 100 Dreamwalkers if not more. That doesn't seem particularly beatable when you have no elite troops yourself (an...
by Bandobras Took
Nov 2 2019, 17:04
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Towards the Within
Replies: 8
Views: 3158

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Towards the Within

I just barely decided enough time had passed to try a new heroes title. Looking over the patch notes through the game's lifespan, healing got nerfed and AoE got buffed, so depending on when you last played it, it wouldn't have been much of a problem. I just set the difficulty to Easy. That allows yo...
by Bandobras Took
Nov 1 2019, 17:55
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Towards the Within
Replies: 8
Views: 3158

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Towards the Within

Out of curiosity, how does one deal with the Chain Lightning spam at the end of this map? The fact that ghosts no longer heal obviously makes a large difference on the map's difficulty, but I have a hard time believing even that can overcome four straight turns of all my troops getting chain lightni...
by Bandobras Took
Aug 26 2019, 2:46
Topic: 3DO downfall - Might and Magic sold copies? Any connection?
Replies: 10
Views: 1560

Re: 3DO downfall - Might and Magic sold copies? Any connection?

So far as I'm aware, 3do leaned heavily on NWC to produce crap in order to shore up their own faltering lines. That continued pressure drove JVC away and obviously didn't work, since the reduced quality, creativity, and innovation meant the things that NWC had become known for ceased to be there. Th...
by Bandobras Took
Apr 28 2019, 20:53
Forum: News
Topic: Free Heroes 2 Enhanced
Replies: 6
Views: 1558

Re: Free Heroes 2 Enhanced

Just to be sure I understand:

The idea is to

1) Install this;
2) Copy over relevant data from your existing H2 install; and then
3) Play on the new engine?

(Does anything need to be copied from the disc itself?)
by Bandobras Took
Jan 19 2019, 0:31
Topic: Might and Magic VI's 20th anniversary (30 Apr 98-18) (MM7: 8 Jun 99-19)
Views: 2710

Re: Might and Magic VI's 20th anniversary (30 Apr 98-18) (MM7: 8 Jun 99-19)

As far as the Dwarf Maps go, I thought that was deliberate -- "Hey, look! Dwarves are dwarves, hostile or not!" :)
by Bandobras Took
Jan 14 2019, 14:28
Topic: Might and Magic VI's 20th anniversary (30 Apr 98-18) (MM7: 8 Jun 99-19)
Views: 2710

Re: Might and Magic VI and VII's 20th anniversary (30 Apr 98-18 / 2 Jan 99-19)

There's no shame in reusing an engine if the engine works. Baldur's Gate 2 didn't suffer for essentially being the Baldur's Gate engine with tweaks. :)
by Bandobras Took
Jan 9 2019, 14:53
Topic: Help me with a Might & Magic RPG!
Replies: 4
Views: 1170

Re: Help me with a Might & Magic RPG!

Vinicius_Zoio wrote:Are dragons sentient in Might & Magic? I know Av'lee has a draconic "Queen of the Dragons" protector, but is she a sentient and communicative being? Do they have a language? Do they speak?

This, at least, is shown in MM8. Dragons are both party members and quest givers.
by Bandobras Took
Oct 17 2018, 21:48
Topic: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]
Replies: 5106
Views: 480318

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

I'm against that. HoMM is a spinoff series, and the creatures transforming upon upgrade never made sense to me, and as far as non-humans go, it was also never explained (or mentioned) lore-wise. Sure, you can train a pikeman to become a halberdier, and replace his pike with a halberd, but the drago...
by Bandobras Took
Sep 14 2018, 2:01
Topic: MM8 Chatter
Replies: 7
Views: 1928

Re: MM8 Chatter

GM Chain helps mitigate a Dark Elf's lack of toughness.
by Bandobras Took
Sep 5 2018, 18:19
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Well, isn't this lovely?
Replies: 15
Views: 4269

Re: Well, isn't this lovely?

A few google searches indicate that the game can have problems if you're trying to display it on HDMI connections.

Go to advanced search