Search found 1019 matches

by Bandobras Took
10 Jun 2022, 14:35
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Haven - Fair is Foul and Foul is Fair
Replies: 1
Views: 5041

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Haven - Fair is Foul and Foul is Fair

I don't know if it works on the harder difficulties, but you can get rid of the haven opponent a lot more quickly if you simply skip the forts and head straight for the towns. Once you've got their towns, you can take your time capturing the forts.
by Bandobras Took
03 Jun 2022, 18:41
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Haven - Something is Rotten
Replies: 14
Views: 134600

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Haven - Something is Rotten

After going through the campaigns again, the key to the map is that you can upgrade your troops while the Stronghold enemies cannot. Upgraded creature dwellings give you enhanced growth and tougher troops. If you use at least two stacks of Sentinels (for the stacking defensive buff to your adjacent ...
by Bandobras Took
25 May 2022, 23:26
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dungeon - The Call of Malassa
Replies: 3
Views: 4625

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dungeon - The Call of Malassa

I restarted the map, and it appears that I just had *really* bad luck with the random monster stacks. Going much better.
by Bandobras Took
25 May 2022, 19:15
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dungeon - The Call of Malassa
Views: 4625

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dungeon - The Call of Malassa

Just barely got this campaign working (I had the "black screen" issue previously), made a beeline for the black dragons, and so far as I can tell, you're not beating them quickly enough to stop the reinforcements from obliterating you. As it was, I was only two days ahead of Sylsai, who co...
by Bandobras Took
23 May 2022, 20:57
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Fury and the Mire
Replies: 12
Views: 14682

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Fury and the Mire

Reading this reminds me of my gaming, I'm just gonna take a minute to rant again. Sanctuary has no flyers! When in the history of Heroes did we get a faction with no flyers? The only unit that can hit inside the enemy base is the Kappa, and that's only using their ridiculous toad leap. A bit late, ...
by Bandobras Took
20 Jun 2021, 14:06
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MMX: Legacy Info
Replies: 16
Views: 26123

Re: MMX: Legacy Info

Honestly, MMX makes so much more sense with Seahaven available early that I wouldn't be surprised if blocking off the bridge were an executive idea rather than a designer idea.
by Bandobras Took
19 Jun 2021, 20:15

In addition to the above, to make the bridge passable from the start of a new game, go into StreamingAssets/Maps/theworld.xml and look for: <Slot Height="6.13505" Terrain="BLOCKED" TerrainSound="NONE" MapArea="ASHEN_HILLS"> <Position> <X>106</X> <Y>67</Y> </Po...
by Bandobras Took
17 Jun 2021, 23:43

Ubisoft has shut down the MMX server. As the game checks whether you're signed on to the server in order to progress past act 1, this poses some difficulty in playing the game. From: https://steamcommunity.com/app/238750/discussions/0/3115908865100513179/ Apparently, Ubisoft's MMX Servers were turne...
by Bandobras Took
11 Jun 2021, 20:20
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Stronghold - The Barbarous Seven
Replies: 9
Views: 10265

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Stronghold - The Barbarous Seven

I have to wonder at the thought process on the part of the mapmaker: "You know what would be fun? A map where we'll spawn three heroes at once who can go around terrain barriers to hit in two days what takes the player four days to get to." "No, that's not fun enough. Make sure that e...
by Bandobras Took
07 Jun 2021, 02:19
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Inferno - Angel, Angel, Burning Bright
Views: 6685

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Inferno - Angel, Angel, Burning Bright

Unfortunately, 5) Frenzy no longer works to stun a stack for two turns. Has anybody beat the last boss fight recently?
by Bandobras Took
06 Jun 2021, 16:27
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Fury and the Mire
Replies: 12
Views: 14682

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Fury and the Mire

On my last playthrough, I completed the Trickster's Set, so all pieces are available.
by Bandobras Took
05 Jun 2021, 14:12
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Blood-Dimmed Tide
Replies: 9
Views: 10811

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Blood-Dimmed Tide

In my most recent playthrough, landing on the Necromancer island in the top left corner and triggering the conversation there seems to have stopped the invasions through the whirlpool. The next time I play through, perhaps I'll test it, if I remember. :)
by Bandobras Took
28 Jun 2020, 15:09
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Can't play
Replies: 4
Views: 19279

Re: Can't play

If they weren't cloudsaved, you may be out of luck. On the other hand, between the might/magic choice and the blood/tears choice, the campaigns are eminently replayable (I recently started over, myself, and for much the same reason . . . I didn't copy over my saves when I got a new computer). Are yo...
by Bandobras Took
11 Apr 2020, 01:09
Topic: MM7 - WORST team compo?
Replies: 30
Views: 16143

Re: MM7 - WORST team compo?

Far more than 25%. The time you spend not having to heal/raise anybody allows you to go full offense, meaning they're dead even sooner.
by Bandobras Took
14 Feb 2020, 17:03
Topic: Is Armor Worth It? Interesting Numbers
Replies: 19
Views: 14419

Re: Is Armor Worth It? Interesting Numbers

Well i quoted it just because i remember mm7 better than 6, but point remains same, mm6 have same level of monsters, in fact I would say mm6 have it worse because it doesn't have get out of jail free card of protection from magic, which nullifies one if hardest danger that armor doesn't mitigate. A...
by Bandobras Took
08 Feb 2020, 13:45

Speaker For The Dead isn't a MM6 Monster. Keep in mind, I'm talking about MM6. Okay; I did some testing, and here's an oddity: It looks like anything with a *ranged* non-physical auto-attack ignores Armor Class entirely. *Druid* enemies will hit you at 100% no matter your armor class. However, go fi...
by Bandobras Took
08 Feb 2020, 01:49

In the late game, everything hits with 99% accuracy anyway, so unless you can stack Power or Immunities or relevant resistances, you're back to "less helpful than it could be" Unless Grayface was lying, this is false. Nor has it been my experience. but i mm auto attacks from monster are f...
by Bandobras Took
06 Feb 2020, 23:40
Topic: [MM6] Is There Any Data On Stuns From Weapon Skills?
Replies: 2
Views: 2222

Re: [MM6] Is There Any Data On Stuns From Weapon Skills?

That's a question, too . . . is the stun effect of weapons just a copy of the Earth Spell, or is it its own effect?
by Bandobras Took
06 Feb 2020, 22:26
Topic: [MM6] Is There Any Data On Stuns From Weapon Skills?
Replies: 2
Views: 2222

[MM6] Is There Any Data On Stuns From Weapon Skills?

I'm assuming the chance to stun is equal to the skill rank, and that stunning an opponent keeps them from acting for a short time. Those are both vast assumptions, though. Even if they're accurate, how long does the stun last? Is it affected by anything? Are there enemies that are immune to it? Main...
by Bandobras Took
05 Feb 2020, 12:59

Armsmaster is without a doubt the way to go and makes dual-wield a no-brainer. However, as I mentioned, I was talking about MM6 in my last post, wherein Armsmaster doesn't exist. Without Armsmaster, swords aren't getting any bonus damage whatsoever, nor are daggers(other than a tripling of the *dagg...

Go to advanced search