Search found 315 matches

by Tomsod
03 Jul 2024, 17:01
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: [New Mod] Might and Magic VII: Amber island is finally out!
Replies: 102
Views: 76731

Re: [New Mod] Might and Magic VII: Amber island is finally out!

As for the music, it's quite odd - did you use full build or just mod zip? It appears i didn't include music into mod zip archive... I've unpacked the zip onto the original game install, yes. It had MP3 tracks, but apparently not for the title screen (is it a new track?) More petty complaints befor...
by Tomsod
27 Jun 2024, 21:50
Topic: MM7 skill emphasis mod (#1)
Replies: 21
Views: 1831

Re: MM7 skill emphasis mod (#1)

Stealing skill is totally useless. Having effective 26 skill value (expert x 4+9 skill points) and can't steal even 50 gold bottle. Are you talking about actual stealing things from people/shops (as in vanilla)? It is useless. Nobody cares about it. That is why I added it additional meaning. But ev...
by Tomsod
27 Jun 2024, 20:17
Topic: Gold and Loot in Might and Magic 6
Replies: 1
Views: 257

Re: Gold and Loot in Might and Magic 6

Hire merchant NPCs before training (if training a lot of levels at once, at least). Circus offers nearly unlimited level 6 loot, which can be sold for lots of gold, so it's kind of broken. You can also buy items (if you can buy/sell at cost), enchant them, then sell them back, but it's degenerate. F...
by Tomsod
26 Jun 2024, 13:12

I think you've got the same bug as MAW, in that if you buy something from a shop, then immediately save and reload, the shop restocks. I'm not complaining though, as I'm trying out Stealing for the first time in my life (disregarding my very first vanilla playthrough when I was very proud of myself ...
by Tomsod
25 Jun 2024, 07:34

I've started playing, some observations so far: (EDIT: two more points) There's no music in the title screen? I guess since there aren't any promotions, there's little reason not to pick Druid instead of Sorcerer. Some other classes, like Thief or Ranger, are also crippled since they'll never get ma...
by Tomsod
24 Jun 2024, 01:13
Topic: Escaton and the destruction of Enroth
Replies: 2
Views: 295

Re: Escaton and the destruction of Enroth

FWIW, when you just place the Armageddon's Blade on the ground in some H3 map, the pick-up message is: Deep beneath the earth, you find a vault of the Ancients from before the Silence. Inside, you find a sealed casket, deeply etched with dire warnings. Ignoring them, you break the seal. Inside, you ...
by Tomsod
07 Jun 2024, 19:08

Oh boy, you finished it! If I'm not mistaken, it's the first complete lotsa-new-locations MM6-8 mod since TCC part 2. (And we have at least one more to look forward to! Good times.) I'll certainly play it as soon as I find the time, but for now, could you estimate the size of all the new maps, as, s...
by Tomsod
06 Jun 2024, 03:24
Topic: Elemental Mod for MM7 -- v3.1 holiday release!
Replies: 138
Views: 76716

Re: Elemental Mod for MM7 -- v3.1 holiday release!

I'll try to release the next version before the end of summer. By my count, there are four major additions and a few dozen minor features left to be implemented before the mod is completely finished, and I'd like to cram it all into the next, final release (4.0). But if I have to, I can leave some m...
by Tomsod
03 Jun 2024, 23:26
Topic: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]
Replies: 8364
Views: 8902488

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

It was Light that was a pain in the ass since you had exactly one way to get enough positive rep to get there (expose the traitor) Not really, you could just turn in a bunch of side-quests at once. In a pinch, even bounties give rep, and those are recurrent. And removing negative rep can be easily ...
by Tomsod
20 May 2024, 18:57

Hero (good) Taoist (neutral) Villain (evil) The third tier one is a bit iffy, because what would be neutral between Hero and Villain? If it was wrestling, you could say "tweener" for being in-between Face and Heel, but that doesn't work here at all. And the second tier would have real-lif...
by Tomsod
09 May 2024, 08:48
Topic: MM7Rev4mod A Radical Redone
Replies: 9
Views: 1382

Re: MM7Rev4mod A Radical Redone

3) Archwizard promotion quest--get book of UnMaking--Thomas Grey doesn't give any hint where to go. Quest text says it's a tunnel to the Strange World, and that consulted w/ Torrent. Glanced around, no teleport item in party bags, Torrent doesn't warp me there, and when click Thomas Grey only optio...
by Tomsod
08 May 2024, 06:55

What is scimitar? Never saw it in game. I'm guessing it's cutlass? In MM8 there's Goblin Scimitar with cutlass dice, and speaking as an ESL, all these terms might be confusing (for a long time I was adamant they're "sabers" and even based some artifact fluff on it before double-checking t...
by Tomsod
28 Apr 2024, 07:48

Oh, well that's Berserk, it is strong. One of my favorite spells actually! I'd thought you made something of the other Mind spells, since they're not as great IMO. I don't think there's a need to ban Charm, for instance, as it's not terribly game-breaking.
by Tomsod
27 Apr 2024, 18:26

2. Prohibit/Edit imbalanced spells: I banned «Enslaved», «Berserk», «Charm», «Mass fear» and «Paralyse». Same with "Day of Gods" and "Hour of power" (stats sky-rocket in Merge due to potions, barrels, altars etc.), but I think they could just cost a lot more. "Slow" an...
by Tomsod
25 Apr 2024, 11:26

The first one requires GM 40 in Perception and Disarm Traps (on the same PC), so it's literally impossible to pass. Both of them only disable some trap damage, anyway.
by Tomsod
24 Apr 2024, 12:09

Four Paladins can raise their perception to 10 each to combine to 40. Other option is to edit max perception required in game. Which map requires 40? No, no, I was talking about vanilla and my mod, it's okay in yours precisely because of the combination feature. The required perception per map is t...
by Tomsod
24 Apr 2024, 08:23

Ah, you mean this. There are plenty ways for people to hurt themselves. Yet one of my design guidelines is to avoid making such challenge parties impossible or unreasonably difficult (beyond what one can expect from playing four Knights, for example), so I care! I think the WIP version of my mod is...
by Tomsod
23 Apr 2024, 23:16

Did not understand about blocking progress. You can pump perception as high as you need to open these doors and return back. As an extreme example, a party of 4 Paladins would be restricted to Novice Perception, and some areas require 40 skill IIRC. Even with Psychic and Scout hirelings that's a ta...
by Tomsod
23 Apr 2024, 18:09

From just browsing the readme: the Perception change is pretty clever! In my mod it just improves corpse looting for now, but I wanted to have more dungeon stuff that depends on this skill, so I might steal your idea. Although, did you encounter any secret doors which would completely block progress...
by Tomsod
13 Apr 2024, 04:02

GothiCa wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 14:07 Friends, please tell me, has the bug with horseshoe clones when moving to a region been fixed? Thanks in advance!
I believe MMPatch v2.5.6 has finally fixed it. The fix can be toggled off (see patch changelog) if that's what you're wondering about.

Go to advanced search