Search found 9 matches

by Wirox
28 Aug 2019, 09:58
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H4 Utility – problem with adding scripts
Replies: 16
Views: 9416

Re: H4 Utility – problem with adding scripts

Okay, this is my last post in this topic – it's obvious you're going to advertise a clearly less efficient tool just because you've created it. I'm saying this for the fourth time I think, but apparently you still didn't get it – anything other than exporting and importing scripts is done by simply ...
by Wirox
26 Aug 2019, 23:22

You seem to misunderstand how H4 Utility works. As far as script-making goes, there are only two tasks it can perform: it can convert scripts from any h4c file to C-like code, and it can convert any C-like code to h4c scripts. That's it, there are no other tasks someone needs to know how to perform ...
by Wirox
26 Aug 2019, 21:32

Once you figure out what command you need to use to export/import, you don't need to do anything more for the rest of your map-making career. You save the commands somewhere, and don't have to worry about it ever again. I know what command imports the scripts, you know what command imports the scrip...
by Wirox
26 Aug 2019, 20:10

It's pretty difficult to come up with general tips because I imagine different people have issues with different things, but if someone has some specific questions about H4 Utility, I could try to answer them.
by Wirox
26 Aug 2019, 19:50

Maybe H4 Utility isn't the simplest or the most intuitive tool, but it surely is efficient. Once you get the scripts to export and import (which, as a side note, is the only thing you'll ever need to do via the command line) you can do anything you want with your code since everything is text-based,...
by Wirox
24 Aug 2019, 09:18

Well, then you're mistaken. Can you give me an example of a scripting task that cannot be performed efficiently with H4 Utility but can with H4MG Advanced Options Map Editor?
by Wirox
23 Aug 2019, 17:44

Yeah, I cannot imagine working on complex scripts within the basic editor.
Since H4 Utility gives me almost everything I could expect from a script-editing tool (and I'm already familiar with it), I don't see a reason to try anything else.
by Wirox
18 Aug 2019, 19:08

I've found a workaround – adding the -w parameter is enough to make it work.
So the full command is

Code: Select all

h4util.exe -a -w path-to-map path-to-the-C-file
by Wirox
18 Aug 2019, 16:59

H4 Utility – problem with adding scripts

Hello. I've downloaded H4 Utility (version 3.4, to be precise) to generate a C file based on my map's scripts, edit it, and then import the edited scripts. Unfortunately I cannot seem to get the importing part to work. The command I'm using is h4util.exe -a path-to-map path-to-the-C-file but it only...

Go to advanced search