Search found 31 matches

by cjleeagain
Feb 24 2019, 19:30
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Stuck on Necromancer - Thoughts and intentions
Replies: 14
Views: 9166

Re: Stuck on Necromancer - Thoughts and intentions

Hi, I just finished this map scenario and would like to share how I managed to Clear it out. I managed to lure Johari to the oasis, then I teleported to town ad then ran straight for the mission objective, which is to capture a town. No fight With Johari. :) Played like a true Heroes top ranked pla...
by cjleeagain
Feb 24 2019, 18:52
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H4 Renaissance: Greatest Mod V18 released [DOWNLOAD]
Replies: 4
Views: 1498

Re: H4 Renaissance: Greatest Mod V18 released [DOWNLOAD]

If U Be Soft even put 1% as much effort as some enthusiasts, we wouldn't have disasters like H6 and H7.
by cjleeagain
Feb 24 2019, 18:51
Topic: H4 Renaissance: Greatest Mod V18 released [DOWNLOAD]
Views: 1498

Re: H4 Renaissance: Greatest Mod V18 released [DOWNLOAD]

The love that people put into this game...
by cjleeagain
Jan 17 2019, 8:51
Topic: HOMM3, Horn of the Abyss mod, Cove Faction - some views
Views: 686

Re: HOMM3, Horn of the Abyss mod, Cove Faction - some views

https://ibb.co/nzYmm1Z Here is an image of the Sea Dogs at work. They really look good in this combat! 128 sea dogs wiping out 4 Ancient Behemoths in one shot plus another 6 Ancient Behemoths felled by accurate shot! But never forget that this is an unnatural situation, a best-case scenario: 1. It i...
by cjleeagain
Jan 17 2019, 8:32
Topic: H3: ban grail on random maps
Views: 347

Re: H3: ban grail on random maps

I don't understand the poster's concerns. Most veteran players should feel the same - the grail contributes minimally to victory or defeat if you are an experienced player versus the computer. I can't count the number of times when I have trashed a strangely numerous AI only to find that the AI has ...
by cjleeagain
Jan 6 2019, 8:44

Re: HOMM3, Horn of the Abyss mod, Cove Faction - some views

OK, having accumulated some more experience with HOTA Cove by finishing maps of different sizes, I am sharing my thoughts. Cove, like Fortress and Stronghold, is a faction that depends a lot on might. Their heroes get high attack stats and low defence stats. So if you are not careful, your forces di...
by cjleeagain
Jan 6 2019, 8:15
Forum: News
Topic: Succession Wars - Released
Views: 617

Re: Succession Wars - Released

Um, isn't this just H2 in H3 form? It's not going to add that much content is it? In H2 there were only 6 factions and most of the campaign was about Wizards vs Warlocks. So how are we going to get the new factions in?
by cjleeagain
Dec 20 2018, 15:28

HOMM3, Horn of the Abyss mod, Cove Faction - some views

I have been playing HOTA recently. The Cove faction is well polished, and comes across as a genuine, gamemaker-created faction. It works smoothly and there are no strange graphics quirks. That said, I am starting to find this a boring faction. XXX What drew my attention to HOTA recently? I saw a vid...
by cjleeagain
Nov 15 2018, 15:58
Topic: FUTURE OF HEROES AND OTHER DISCUSSIONS
Replies: 12
Views: 9117

Re: FUTURE OF HEROES AND OTHER DISCUSSIONS

Hi Panda Tar, Pol and all just read that C&C, Command and Conquer, is scheduled for a remaster. It's a 25 year old game. And they are planning to update it. and old fans like me are keen to buy. Low risk, low development cost, decent profit. These guys at Ubisxxt don't seem to know how to make m...
by cjleeagain
Nov 1 2018, 7:42
Topic: FUTURE OF HEROES AND OTHER DISCUSSIONS
Replies: 12
Views: 9117

Re: FUTURE OF HEROES AND OTHER DISCUSSIONS

Wow, Panda Tar, talk about a necropost that I happened to see because I happened by! I visit this site like once every few months now. The main reason being that I want 1) to see if anybody has created his own Heroes VII AI; 2) Ubisoft has sold the franchise to someone who is interested; 3) whether ...
by cjleeagain
Sep 12 2018, 15:49
Topic: Unofficial Community Mod (UCP) 1.1 Released
Views: 639

Re: Unofficial Community Mod (UCP) 1.1 Released

just to add a few words of support for Antalyan

Look at the number of bugs he had to fix. And that is far from all the bugs.

Whew! One day I might just come back to this game because of Antalyan. Amazing guy.
by cjleeagain
Apr 6 2018, 17:00
Forum: Articles
Topic: Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → A Flamboyant Exit
Replies: 6
Views: 2516

Re: Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → A Flamboyant Exit

Another way of putting it is, nobody wants to play H6 and H7, so they regress to an earlier and at least superior version of Heroes.
by cjleeagain
Mar 29 2018, 20:38
Topic: Scenarios with Azure dragons
Replies: 5
Views: 1243

Re: Scenarios with Azure dragons

Try Tang Wei En/ Fiery Phoenix's To Kill for Power. You can start hiring Azure and other dragons midway into the game, and in numbers sufficient to have an impact on the battlefield if you so wish. The best maps can be found in these 2 reviews. https://www.reddit.com/r/HoMM/comments/5rzhr4/my_top_8_...
by cjleeagain
Mar 29 2018, 7:30
Topic: Scenarios with Azure dragons
Replies: 5
Views: 1243

Re: Scenarios with Azure dragons

Mr. Potatoe, There are a great many user made scenarios in H3 where you can recruit Azure Dragons, since there is a dwelling for them. But I personally don't like deploying Azures. Their half-vulnerability to spells, plus their low damage, make them uninteresting recruits. The main reason to recruit...
by cjleeagain
Mar 24 2018, 16:14
Topic: Formally Biweekly News - 23 March 18'
Views: 730

Re: Formally Biweekly News - 23 March 18'

If Ubisoft joined forces with Tencent, that means they have a strong partner. And that means they will continue to survive and produce more low quality garbage... instead of going bankrupt so that interested members of the community can pick up the Heroes franchise for cheap and make something better.
by cjleeagain
Dec 30 2017, 19:57
Topic: Reviews, Bugfinds and Commentaries on the UCP, Unofficial Community Patch for Heroes 7 by Antalyan and his team.
Views: 2228

Re: Reviews, Bugfinds and Commentaries on the UCP, Unofficial Community Patch for Heroes 7 by Antalyan and his team.

Antalyan You've done plenty, and this is also what I can contribute in hopes of making a better game. ;-) Now I no longer have the game (my schedule will heat up in a couple days) and won't come back for a while. It would be nice to come back and find that Ubisoft has sold the game to someone bunch ...
by cjleeagain
Dec 30 2017, 19:42
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Picture of the Day
Replies: 3
Views: 548

Re: Picture of the Day

Yup, Karmakeld, I just had to laugh in response to your reply!

H6 and H7 look the same, so you can't tell!

It is H7.
by cjleeagain
Dec 27 2017, 15:14
Topic: Reviews, Bugfinds and Commentaries on the UCP, Unofficial Community Patch for Heroes 7 by Antalyan and his team.
Views: 2228

My concern that magic is overpowered in Heroes 7

Dear Antalyan, Here is a General big problem with the game that should be worth tweaking in a future version of your mod: Magic has been scaled up way too much in Heroes 7. In Heroes III a Magic hero was pretty useless after a while, so all the skilled players play a might hero with Expert mastery o...
by cjleeagain
Dec 27 2017, 14:41
Topic: Case study of one ‘deadly’ battle that resulted in no losses for me, using UCP (Antalyan Mod).
Replies: 1
Views: 558

Little trick

http://imagezilla.net/thumbs2/YwgIijE-Trick-keep-Minotaurs-from-Angels-by-blocking-off_tn.jpg This is another trick that you can use in H7. Use enemy units to keep the most powerful enemy stack from your main units. H5, you can't do this. AI is smart enough not to get blocked by itself. H7, AI is u...
by cjleeagain
Dec 27 2017, 14:36
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Level 30 Blademage can't hurt even one unit on level 17 Knight
Replies: 0
Views: 475

Level 30 Blademage can't hurt even one unit on level 17 Knight

http://imagezilla.net/thumbs2/2Ffe5Ey-Level-30-Blademage-cant-kill-a-single-unit-of-lvl17-enemy_tn.jpg No, this is not a bug. I'm Gloria, level 30 Blademage. Enemy is a lousy level 17 hero Christian, can't remember his hero class. But my attack was pretty close to his defense. A Blademage is a pret...

Go to advanced search