Search found 94 matches

by cjleeagain
Feb 22 2021, 11:35
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Free Heroes of Might and Magic II Resurrection
Replies: 17
Views: 3437

Re: Free Heroes of Might and Magic II Resurrection

Since you have been working on the AI at 0.9, may I suggest doing something further about the Ai before 1.0 launch? Traditionally, difficulty has been determined by starting resources. I would personally prefer to start on an even playing field, except with a smarter opponent. Starting resources are...
by cjleeagain
Jan 11 2021, 21:53
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Ubisoft's Latest Disaster for Me
Replies: 44
Views: 12277

Re: Ubisoft's Latest Disaster for Me

OK, just permanently deleted my H7 once again. Too many bugs. I am using the same mouse and same PC and mostly same (with standard updates) version of windows 10 as I was in 2017 when I last played H7. Yet with basically the same setup on my computer, I kept running into mouse tracking problems that...
by cjleeagain
Jan 9 2021, 14:51

I can't find where to submit a Picture of the Day. So I uploaded to imgbb.com Invisible Caravan https://ibb.co/ZShZGWz This is the wonder invisible caravan created by Ubisoft. I've never seen any enemies take it out. Hell, I can't even see it myself if not for my color (yellow) showing that it is th...
by cjleeagain
Jan 7 2021, 14:44
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss
Replies: 421
Views: 405988

Re: Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss

Now THIS, I'm very interested in. But it seems kinda odd to have an armadillo from the Factory faction. Just because it has hard skin, doesn't mean it is a factory-made unit! Just to continue, I've visited the Factory wiki, and it says that https://heroes.thelazy.net/index.php/Factory tier 7 units ...
by cjleeagain
Jan 7 2021, 12:31

Has Ubisoft launched more half-baked products? I keep hearing that Assassin's Creed is good, but actually Ubisoft is hardly ever associated with quality products. I don't really hear rave reviews around.
by cjleeagain
Jan 5 2021, 4:07

Panda Tar wrote:There are "few" issues with performance. :lol:

Panda Tar, where did you get that quote? is it from some Ubisoft spokesman?

It's like you were attacking 'few' Titans with one week's production of troops, and they turned out to be Legions!
by cjleeagain
Jan 4 2021, 19:41

OK, I decided to replay a few of the official campaigns. Now I am at the second map for Sylvan, that map with lots of islands and enemy orc heroes. Unplayable. Map kept having a strange error never encountered in H1-5 gaming. The mouse would slow down a lot. Yet when I did alt-tab and minimized the ...
by cjleeagain
Jan 1 2021, 19:30
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: HOMM IV: Axis and Allies (H4)
Replies: 7
Views: 3022

Re: HOMM IV: Axis and Allies (H4)

I just downloaded the map to take a look at. It's interesting and doubtless has taken a lot of work. But I've always had problems with this kind of war gaming. You can be balanced and accept a theoretical, sanitized world where the field isn't tilted. Or you can be historical. I don't really see any...
by cjleeagain
Jan 1 2021, 18:16
Topic: Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss
Replies: 421
Views: 405988

Re: Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/523167573060091914/667502221679656979/battle_armadillo_3_fullsize.png See Armadillo , new Factory unit in action :) Now THIS, I'm very interested in. But it seems kinda odd to have an armadillo from the Factory faction. Just because it has hard skin, doesn't...
by cjleeagain
Jan 1 2021, 18:14
Topic: My last post – A Plea For Smarter Games
Replies: 3
Views: 2436

Re: My last post – A Plea For Smarter Games

Jeff, I was just browsing around when I came across my old article. And guess what? After staying away from Heroes for 4 years, I really came back a couple months ago when I reinstalled H7 and played it a bit!
by cjleeagain
Dec 31 2020, 17:45
Forum: Articles
Topic: Elwin and Shaera → True Love
Replies: 3
Views: 1649

Re: Elwin and Shaera → True Love

I loved this map on my first playthrough, but on subsequent playthroughs, I hated it. It's too easy. If you struggled through the first two maps on Champion, this map will be a cakewalk. It's just mechanically walking from place to place with no challenge.
by cjleeagain
Dec 31 2020, 17:42
Topic: Elwin and Shaera → Mark of the Tiger
Replies: 2
Views: 1038

Re: Elwin and Shaera → Mark of the Tiger

Wheeler Dealer, having played this campaign several times in many years, I can't remember exactly what each of my playthroughs were like. But your mention of the Water Elementals stoked some memories. In one playthrough, I could summon water elementals. Winning this battle early made the map very ea...
by cjleeagain
Dec 31 2020, 17:34
Topic: Elwin and Shaera → The Lovers
Views: 2970

Re: Elwin and Shaera → The Lovers

Incredible, my friend. This game is nearly 20 years old. But 3DO did such a great job that I am still learning something new everytime. Never thought Terrain Walk could be used on the battlefield. But your tactic is awesome. So that's how to use that wand of fire in map 1 to beat even the hardest wa...
by cjleeagain
Dec 26 2020, 18:45
Topic: Elwin and Shaera → The Lovers
Views: 2970

Re: Elwin and Shaera → The Lovers

Wheeler Dealer I played this when I was younger, and finished on Champion. Now that I am older and have less time, I can't do that anymore. But based on my memories, I'm pretty sure you can do it on Champion if you want. For most campaigns including H4 vanilla campaigns, playing on Champion is truly...
by cjleeagain
Dec 24 2020, 15:18
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Free Heroes of Might and Magic II Resurrection
Replies: 17
Views: 3437

Re: Free Heroes of Might and Magic II Resurrection

This is truly a labor of love. I don't know about the new AI, but most of the changes are so tiny that they are really about perfect polish. For example, I have played H2 for years and never even noticed that the phoenix's shadow was wrong. I really wish someone could improve H7's AI. H2 is lovely, ...
by cjleeagain
Dec 14 2020, 7:42
Topic: In Memory of Docent Picolan
Replies: 2
Views: 840

Re: In Memory of Docent Picolan

I just had to ask.

Docent is actually an academic title right? So Docent Picolan isn't his real name. It's Picolan. And is that a family name or personal name? Why do we have no information about him? Surely if he led some development teams, there are people who do know him or have met him in life?
by cjleeagain
Dec 10 2020, 2:43

Maltz is the one who deserves praise! If this game is boring to me on Heroic, it must be doubly boring to Maltz on Hard. And even more of an aggravation to revisit when writing a walkthrough. And just think about what I was saying. It was a dull game, gameplay wise, until the final battle, which I c...
by cjleeagain
Dec 9 2020, 19:50

Okayyy just great. I went back in to fight that last battle vs Aslaug. This time I used instant reinforcement to get some more troops for my Ivan. But when I entered combat, I had a snail-like battle. Just can't explain, but everything moves ultra slow. So I quit game and went back in yet again. Thi...
by cjleeagain
Dec 9 2020, 14:36

nope, last battle is between Ivan and that female dwarf (should be Aislaug). Ivan leads a human army. (My other battles had been fought by the dwarf Bart). Anyway Aislaug's stats are ridiculous. Way higher than H5's Demon Sovereign. I feel irritated even typing this. For storyline purposes, I find i...
by cjleeagain
Dec 8 2020, 18:05

OK, just great. Final battle of the campaign, and I can't win. Maltz's walkthrough said it was easy, and most Heroes 7 hero battles have indeed been easy. But this one is extreme. My Ivan is at level 38. He probably could reach level 42 if I killed everything on the map and levelled twice at the Dra...

Go to advanced search