by cjleeagain
May 4 2022, 12:20
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Summoning a ship during battle
Replies: 2
Views: 395

Summoning a ship during battle

I just saw this

Is it true? You can summon a ship during battle to kill your opponents as kind of some easter-egg exploit? (I've never tried doing this before.)
by cjleeagain
Apr 15 2022, 16:00
Topic: Master of the Elements (H4)
Replies: 4
Views: 539

Re: Master of the Elements (H4)

I'm pretty sure Wheeler Dealer didn't, since he used evil sorceresses not toxic sorceresses.
by cjleeagain
Mar 24 2022, 15:15
Topic: Heroes 4 The Restoration of Axeoth
Replies: 63
Views: 8711

Re: Heroes 4 The Restoration of Axeoth

Just gotta say, tweaking the cost of upgrades is a brilliant idea. This will definitely greatly reduce the number of Evil Sorceresses if the gamer wants a serious challenge. That said, I should add that if your scenarios require Evil Sorceresses to win, do mention it to the player. Evil Sorceresses ...
by cjleeagain
Mar 22 2022, 17:04
Topic: Heroes 4 Ultimate v5 by Nimostar - Review and ongoing play journal by CJLee
Replies: 15
Views: 1928

Re: Heroes 4 Ultimate v5 by Nimostar - Review and ongoing play journal by CJLee

OK, having played more of V6, here are a few more observations: -now there are so many new spells, I think Nimostar really needs to give us documentation. Otherwise I'll forget what spells there are, due to lack of familiarity. -Berserker given to Centaurs is not a good idea. The AI cannot handle it...
by cjleeagain
Mar 22 2022, 16:54
Topic: Heroes 4 The Restoration of Axeoth
Replies: 63
Views: 8711

Re: Heroes 4 The Restoration of Axeoth

Um, I think upgrading mages to priests/ monks would be a much better idea. To upgrade to a level 4 Evil Sorceress is a bit too much (not to mention, the crazy sex change). The scenarios right now are already too easy.
by cjleeagain
Mar 19 2022, 13:55
Topic: Question: How do mobile guards work in H4
Replies: 1
Views: 491

Question: How do mobile guards work in H4

I'm a longtime player of Heroes games, and I still can't figure this out. Nor have I found satisfactory info online that answers my doubts. As you know, H4 has a choice of stationary and mobile guards or neutral creature stacks. I tend to just play the scenarios and campaigns as I find them, so I ne...
by cjleeagain
Mar 16 2022, 13:01
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: H5 Sanctuary Mod for download
Replies: 0
Views: 846

H5 Sanctuary Mod for download

I'm wondering if anybody has comments and reviews about this mod: http://heroes3wog.net/sanctuary-mod-download/ It takes the H6 new race, Sanctuary, and makes a mod for it in H5. There isn't enough information to tell me how it plays out actually given the complexity of H5 skill wheel and hero/ raci...
by cjleeagain
Mar 16 2022, 12:55
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Walkthrough: Campaign Lost Stories
Replies: 2
Views: 9918

Re: Walkthrough: Campaign Lost Stories

Sorry for the late response Brainiac! I'm also writing this for anybody else who might be reading. One common theme for most experienced players, is that Heroes 7 is very easy, ultra easy, or insanely easy. Despite all the updates and patches, consensus says H7 AI is terrible. So it's not that I am ...
by cjleeagain
Mar 14 2022, 11:49
Topic: Heroes 4 Ultimate v5 by Nimostar - Review and ongoing play journal by CJLee

Nimostar, I also saw your notes that said you decided to stop the Succubi from scratching their head since it was annoying. Can I ask you how many people actually said that? I found that remove-wig and scratch bald head animation very amusing. It's part of the charm of Heroes IV. Dungeon/ Asylum is ...
by cjleeagain
Mar 12 2022, 16:09

OK, got Heroes Ultimate v6. due to lack of time, I cheated my way through the WOW campaigns after getting tired at how long it was taking. So now I have 5 heroes of every non-Life faction at levels 27-28. They are at their best, with many spells. Although with such strong heroes it is likely that I ...
by cjleeagain
Mar 11 2022, 13:31
Topic: Collecting HoMM series laminated creature/unit cards
Replies: 8
Views: 1172

Re: Collecting HoMM series laminated creature/unit cards

Wow, the memories are coming back! Yup, I HAVE seen the card you posted above before! And also on Ebay! I just didn't recall it in my last posts, because I never owned the card. Now I remember, it was sometime in the early 2000s. I'd misplaced my Armageddon's Blade (or left it behind) during summer ...
by cjleeagain
Mar 11 2022, 13:25

I do (or did) have the black and white unit info manuals. I'd assumed that was all that was to it for Heroes 3. Reading your words took me back and jolted a long ago memory... Heroes II was always supposed to be a more 'sunny' version. Heroes III was described by reviewers and marketeers as a 'darke...
by cjleeagain
Mar 10 2022, 17:51

Blake, it has been a quarter century since H3 came out. I remember making a special trip to buy it when it was released. I can't remember what version or packaging I got. But I definitely had a physical box (no virtual delivery back then!), and it didn't come with a card. I also vaguely remember the...
by cjleeagain
Mar 7 2022, 16:38

OK, found what might be a game breaking bug. I'm playing map 2 of the Winds of War campaign, Death (Baron von Tarkin) faction. I've played this campaign several times before, and like it because of its many battles. But now I can't finish the map. I'm supposed to defeat all enemies, but I notice I c...
by cjleeagain
Mar 6 2022, 17:34
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Heroes 4 Ultimate Nimostar's Easter Egg?
Replies: 1
Views: 729

Heroes 4 Ultimate Nimostar's Easter Egg?

Look carefully at this

The animation, which I can't screenshot, makes it even more obvious that it is an elderly man with a rollator walker.
And this is one of Nimostar's Heroes 4 Ultimate mod heroes!
by cjleeagain
Mar 5 2022, 16:14

A bit of misunderstanding here, Nimostar. I didn't say Order is a glass cannon faction. I only meant that for Genies and Mages. Protecting these weaklings should be part of any Order player's priorities. The problem comes in Heroes Ultimate 5 when after 3 turns, Genies run out of mana. And what next...
by cjleeagain
Feb 23 2022, 7:32

Nimostar, I didn't say genies were overpowered. I said they were my favorite Academy unit and a mainstay whenever I play Order faction. If I really thought genies were overpowered, I would be afraid to fight against genies all the time. I am not. Genies are what they are because of their role as the...
by cjleeagain
Feb 20 2022, 20:46

Nimostar seems to take the view that Evil Eyes are underpowered. He's increased their hp to 25, and given them vampiric powers (Life Drain) as well.
by cjleeagain
Feb 20 2022, 5:56

The more I play Nimostar's Heroes Ultimate V5, the more I start running into little areas that still need smoothening out or polishing or at least some thought. Some creatures have 'nonfunctional' in their descriptions. Right now Nomads have First Strike and No retaliation. What is this supposed to ...
by cjleeagain
Feb 19 2022, 17:19

All right, after 6 weeks of in game time, I have made the following observations so far: -Berserkers are indeed unrecognizable now (changed to warriors) -Every spell school has seen substantial changes. -Nature faction now has lots of non-summoning spells, which makes them far more versatile. Defini...

Go to advanced search