Search found 222 matches

by cjleeagain
28 Feb 2024, 17:25
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Replies: 9
Views: 3258

Re: WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down

"it's also entirely possible that they care so little they just simply forgot to turn it off lol!!!"

This would have sounded like complete nonsense under 3DO.

But with Ubisoft, it's very credible. Some Ubisoft employee just forgot and nobody came after him to remind him.
by cjleeagain
23 Feb 2024, 08:10
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Brief Review of Heroes 7.5 mod
Replies: 2
Views: 622

Re: Brief Review of Heroes 7.5 mod

Thanks Pol, I should add some clarifications to help people understand this mod better. -The Hades mod was originally intended to add Inferno, and this is definitely an interesting faction that is well developed. Inferno's racial ability is gating, which requires only 1 mana to cast to summon an Arc...
by cjleeagain
22 Feb 2024, 12:43
Topic: Brief Review of Heroes 7.5 mod
Views: 622

Brief Review of Heroes 7.5 mod

This is a brief review of the Heroes 7.5 mod, which you can get here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/heroes-of-might-and-magic-75 The latest version is v1.35 as of the writing of this post. Installation : Installation is quite straightforward. Just download and follow the instructions. Basically, unzip ...
by cjleeagain
16 Feb 2024, 15:40
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Views: 3258

Re: WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down

So... 7 weeks after shutting down, how was it? Anybody wants to update on the experience?

I am not an owner of H6. After it came out I played on my cousin's H6 when he was at work, and hated it, so I never bought H6. But I'm asking, because what happens to H6 will happen to H7 in a few years.
by cjleeagain
11 Feb 2024, 03:04
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Necropolis - The Wages of Secrecy
Views: 8589

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Necropolis - The Wages of Secrecy

I would definitely advise adhering to the Walkthrough. Yes, take that whirlpool to the Northwest and grab that remotely placed town. You'll still have a few tough fights once the Irollanders/ Elves mobilize and come after you, but it's doable on Heroic without requiring you to be a particularly good...
by cjleeagain
08 Feb 2024, 03:06
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Necropolis - Thoughts and Intentions
Views: 15409

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Necropolis - Thoughts and Intentions

This is a very irritating mission. You are attacked dozens (no exaggeration) of times. Maybe 50 times. I also have posts from around 2016 about the poor structuring and design of this mission. All the enemy is ultra aggressive, but completely incapable of processing relative strengths. The first thr...
by cjleeagain
03 Feb 2024, 08:04
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Dungeon - A World Which Now Trembles
Views: 6355

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Dungeon - A World Which Now Trembles

I should warn against attacking the enemy heroes before you are prompted to do so by the system. The enemy level 30s are well buffed up with artifacts and abilities. You can't win without taking serious casualties. And the problem with that, is that your victory doesn't count. That's right. If you k...
by cjleeagain
03 Feb 2024, 02:24
Topic: Top level new spells not working
Replies: 0
Views: 407

Top level new spells not working

When I played Trial By Fire, I noticed that some newly introduced spells didn't seem to be working. I remember mentioning this years ago. Since the Trial By Fire campaign is basically Dwarves with Fire Magic and Humans with Light Magic, I wasn't sure of this. And it wasn't important to me anyway. No...
by cjleeagain
01 Feb 2024, 06:57
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Dungeon - The Essence of Purest Poison
Replies: 5
Views: 6092

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Dungeon - The Essence of Purest Poison

OK, should update. I did finish the map after all. And then I remembered the last times I played it. It might not be the Banshee altar that's the problem. It's the prison break sub-mission. Don't conquer the castle Moraleth or its nearest fort. These are designated in the script for the Soulscar. Yo...
by cjleeagain
31 Jan 2024, 05:41

It's not that hard a battle, but Ubisoft's programming is the problem. If you trigger the Banshee's altar, the Banshee will pop up and then you are asked to fight her. When this happens, you have to fight her. If you chose not to fight, and move away to do other things, sometimes the computer loses...
by cjleeagain
30 Jan 2024, 18:47

Playing this again several years later on Heroic. I've played on Normal and Hard before. Spoiler Alert: Banshee of Despair is just a few hundred ghosts, three stacks each in the 100-250 category if you move fast and attack early. SAVE the game when you think you are near to finding the Banshee. It's...
by cjleeagain
26 Jan 2024, 08:30
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Ivan - The Stuff of Future Memory
Replies: 6
Views: 8862

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Ivan - The Stuff of Future Memory

I read that the end scenarios played differently depending on how many "Tales" you had completed. I tried this after finishing only the Academy and Sylvan Tales, just to see. I only got two pieces of the sword, couldn't access parts of the map and the only other hero I controlled was Nolw...
by cjleeagain
26 Jan 2024, 02:02
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: picture of the day submission
Views: 4192

Re: picture of the day submission

No worries, it's just to show their ongoing problems.
I am currently playing H7 without any mods or add ons, but already it cannot save to cloud. They give me error messages without explaining why. So everything I am playing on now is a local savegame.
by cjleeagain
25 Jan 2024, 07:39

The disconnection is from their platform software, Ubisoft Connect. So I think it was a platform or server issue. I was not able to connect for half a day or so. My internet was working perfectly fine. I only have one Ubisoft game, Homm7 (which they insisted on rebranding as Might and Magic Heroes 7...
by cjleeagain
22 Jan 2024, 21:47

https://ibb.co/PxvjxBN

I knew it! Couldn't play for more than a few days before being disconnected!
by cjleeagain
20 Jan 2024, 15:54
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3 HOTA 1.7 Factory faction review and comments
Replies: 1
Views: 814

Re: Heroes 3 HOTA 1.7 Factory faction review and comments

Someone has a video on the cost efficiency of the Engineer vs the other factions https://youtu.be/Kt_4sszc2jU?t=341 They lost in 6 out of 10 confrontations with the other 10 factions (Cove included). Troops employed were based on both sides spending 1 million gold each. However the Engineer has abil...
by cjleeagain
20 Jan 2024, 03:14
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3 HOTA 1.7 Factory faction review and comments
Views: 814

Heroes 3 HOTA 1.7 Factory faction review and comments

This is by no means a definitive review, as I am just starting to explore the new Factory faction. I personally don't like this faction in the slightest. But I'll try to give an objective basic rundown for other players. Factory faction has what I consider to be serious balance issues. If you don't ...
by cjleeagain
18 Jan 2024, 18:38
Forum: News
Topic: Happy New Year 2024 with HotA 1.7 Factory update!
Replies: 3
Views: 823

Re: Happy New Year 2024 with HotA 1.7 Factory update!

The official campaign featuring Henrietta the Halfling is super hard! I haven't been able to make any headway and get slaughtered by the demons within 4 days.
by cjleeagain
03 Jan 2024, 22:07
Topic: Punished For Playing Well
Views: 3334

Punished For Playing Well

Oh Great. Years after the debacle that Heroes VII came out, I am still finding bugs in it. I recently started missing this game after not playing it for a long time. So I logged back into Ubisoft Connect and downloaded it again. I was just playing the official campaigns. Haven faction, Tomas the Wol...
by cjleeagain
20 Dec 2023, 03:07

picture of the day submission

I haven't been back in a long time. Thought I'd submit a picture.

I'll title it Ubisoft at work

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg- ... 6fcec83ee0

Go to advanced search