Search found 178 matches

by tnevolin
24 May 2022, 19:48
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM6 skill emphasis mod (#74)
Replies: 297
Views: 70381

Re: MM6 skill emphasis mod

regarding difficulty/damage, can it be a formula? quick google says goblins deal 5 damage and gold dragons 72, so if the multiplier was average damage ^0.25 then goblins would get +50% damage and gold dragons +200% damage (0r ^0.33 for +70% or +300%). Didn't get your computations. Do you raise dama...
by tnevolin
24 May 2022, 15:55

tnevolin: maybe replace dungeon flavor text with a "Suggested Party Level: XX" blurb instead? That way if you intended for me to do Abandoned Temple at a higher level it's actually clear that "whoops I'm not supposed to be here yet" as opposed to this frustrating "this is s...
by tnevolin
24 May 2022, 15:45

Note to all once more. I did not plan it to be extremely hard and grinding. I have raised monster stats only to keep up with faster weapon skill progression effects. Otherwise, it would be even easier than vanilla which is no fun either. I understand that being a creator of the mod I may expect the ...
by tnevolin
24 May 2022, 14:50

Great feedback on NS monsters. I am thinking how to approach it. Currently I just have a formula that increases monster parameters by multiplier. Should we adjust just that or work on goblins/bats/cobras specifically? Weapon skills are improved simultaneously in group of skills. There are three grou...
by tnevolin
24 May 2022, 13:57

Just few notes. [*]With what experience? I've only got enough right now to be level 4, and I currently can't afford the Learning skill across the board (it's not a starting option for every class despite Archer having a 'none' slot at gen) Exactly. Getting to level 4 gives you 5*3=15 skill points wh...
by tnevolin
24 May 2022, 13:51

Very good, everybody. I see multiple indication on hard early game. I certainly didn't want to do it difficult to turn into grinding. Please propose changes to make it more fun. Propositions I have collected so far: Add fixed HP (and maybe SP) to all classes. Thus making early game more passable wit...
by tnevolin
24 May 2022, 13:43

Healing: I did notice in your spread sheet that we seems to have different approaches to the game^^ in my experience optimal play is becoming an expert in 1 skill, that means towards end of the game you are casting spells at rank 50 and i'd use rank 25 as the reference for balancing spells with hig...
by tnevolin
24 May 2022, 13:38

RE: Early game difficulty. Yes, I played it few times up the level 20-30-40. I agree it becomes (a little bit) easier as game progress and higher skills begin to kick in. Thank you for feedback. Based on this it looks like early game experience is overly hard? Let's make something about it to make i...
by tnevolin
24 May 2022, 04:11

okay so I started a new game on the latest version and... how, exactly, am I supposed to survive? The goblins are level eight with 24 AC (which means that it takes a lot of attempts to hit one) and the follower-class enemies over in Ironfist are hitting for a third of my HP (I can't get up to Castl...
by tnevolin
24 May 2022, 03:58

Yep. They do have variable recovery but this is usually 1 per skill. So at skill 10 you have a difference between 100 and 90 recovery which is pretty much negligible. Besides, they all are affected by this so the recovery can be easily excluded from comparison. Wait, is this how things are in your ...
by tnevolin
24 May 2022, 03:51

The issue with incinerate is that its not double damage but +75% AND the spell should get a small compensation for being a endgame firemagic spell. Most other fire spells have other benefits, being AOE fx, incinerate doesnt and fire resistance is relatively common, so i'd suggest doubling damage vs...
by tnevolin
23 May 2022, 20:03

Yep. They do have variable recovery but this is usually 1 per skill. So at skill 10 you have a difference between 100 and 90 recovery which is pretty much negligible. Besides, they all are affected by this so the recovery can be easily excluded from comparison. Granted there are few outliers with to...
by tnevolin
23 May 2022, 17:18

I like the way you thinking of balance (as well as other participants on this thread - great job everybody!). My thoughts was in the same line as well. Here, look at "mm6.xls" attached. I changed extension to "jpg" - it doesn't allow non picture attachments. You need to download ...
by tnevolin
23 May 2022, 17:16

mm6.jpg
attachment

Hmm. Doesn't get attached. Don't know how to send it. Will try by email.

Here is the link to google drive.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true
by tnevolin
23 May 2022, 00:23

There are no immunities but there are resistances still. So not every time spell sticks to the monster. Need to test.
by tnevolin
22 May 2022, 22:45

Mass Curse is the one I would look at, to be honest. I don't even know what the Curse status does in MM6 when applied to a monster - presumably it would shut down some of the more dangerous spells/abilities but you reach a point where everything's immune to Magic and thus can't be cursed anyway (wh...
by tnevolin
22 May 2022, 22:41

shield: i think 1% should be fine, although its unclear to me what spells it protects against, it includes stuff like firebolt and lightning bolt right? i rather like the idea of shield adding damage tbh, makes it a real option so you can make your paladin with shield. Currently it protects from al...
by tnevolin
22 May 2022, 19:44

Thank you for active contribution, everybody.
I apologize that I won't be able to program anything major any time soon. Too busy with other stuff. Once I am back - I'll review all the notes there so be sure they won't be forgotten.
by tnevolin
22 May 2022, 19:42

The defensive side of things is more necessary than in vanilla too, because of the changes to combat. Want to actually get inside of Icewind Keep? Hope you have your defensive spells ready, because you're taking every single one of those shots. True. I was actually thinking about reducing weapon re...
by tnevolin
22 May 2022, 19:31

Thank you for playtesting it. You already helped to fix few things and gave great suggestions. shrapmetal: for some reason it autoaims, i agree that the others dont but shrap metal hurls every shard at nearest target. it needs the damage halved if its a ranged single target spell to bring it in line...

Go to advanced search