Search found 540 matches

by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jul 4 2018, 16:35
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H4ResourceEditor
Replies: 55
Views: 3786

Re: H4ResourceEditor

I have created the form for entering resizing options. Currently working are: No resizing, resize the frame to the grid's width, and custom entering of the width and height in pixels. Now I just need to work on the slightly more difficult case of cropping out transparent pixels on the left and right...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jun 28 2018, 22:00

Currently I'm working on some resizing options since the H4 Editor sometimes gets upset if the image has pixels which are drawn to far outside of the footprint width. Here are some resizing options which I plan to make available with the H4 Resource Editor: 1) Resize frame to grid. This means resize...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jun 24 2018, 2:16

Haha yes, I used a forge image I found with google. Starcraft is the game I've played more than any other, so I decided I would use an image from it to help test the resource editor.
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jun 23 2018, 18:34

Got it! The problem turned out to be - yet again - the fact that Java only uses signed values whereas pretty much everything in H4 is unsigned. I just needed to use bigger containers until the point where I need to actually save the data in H4 format. https://i.imgur.com/2XE8HYz.png
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jun 20 2018, 22:09

By the way, please send me a private message if you're interested in helping me test this tool. You'll need a gmail account or one associated with gmail since I use google drive to host / share my files!
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jun 19 2018, 4:56

So it seems that the problem was just that I needed to center the width of the image on the footprint (and make the image width small enough to mostly fit on the width of the footprint. So, to replace an image, open up the adventure object of your choice. I have been playing with the sawmill, so I u...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jun 12 2018, 13:31
Topic: Another Look At Heroes 4
Replies: 2
Views: 290

Re: Another Look At Heroes 4

Definitely agree on your combat thoughts. That's what I ended up doing on my first play-through, though I was still learning the game at that point. I'll have to look at focusing on the other skills as you did on my next play-through. Sounds like there are some good options for making things interes...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
May 26 2018, 18:58

Added a toolbar on the adventure panel with buttons to switch between editing the passability and interactive data.

Time to start working on converting an image into H4 format!
by iLiVeInAbOx05
May 21 2018, 18:56

Also the flag x and y offsets are actually offsets from the upper tip of the footprint, not the center of the image as I originally thought.

I've also fixed a few bugs in my code for displaying non-animated images that I broke while working on the animated ones.
by iLiVeInAbOx05
May 19 2018, 21:16

I got the passability and entrance info lined up with the image. Turns out I had the scaling correct, I just forgot about my code centering the passability and entrance info on the image. Once I removed that, things were in the right place. Also, I've added number spinners to enable editing of the l...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
May 17 2018, 17:56

Still working on lining everything up over the image, but I have been making some progress. I think I need to actually start with the image at its exact size and get everything lined up, rather than just starting with a scaled image and trying to properly scale all of the values to their correct loc...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
May 3 2018, 16:37
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes 4 HD mod - Artists needed
Replies: 124
Views: 29854

Re: Heroes 4 HD mod - Artists needed

Is this project still being worked on? If so then is there still more help needed? There is still work being done for this project, but the project leader, Dalai, has been absent for a while now. Having said that, there are other projects being worked by various individuals. What kind of help were ...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
May 2 2018, 16:54

Glad to hear it and welcome Lethalogica! Trying to get to the point where we can create our own objects using this tool. I think we have enough information about the format of adventure objects to make it doable. I need to do a couple more things, such as display flag location for flaggable objects ...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 19 2018, 15:40

A small additional update: I have successfully created and displayed an animated gif with the sawmill object. Now I need to actually pair up the shadow frames with the non shadow frames so that they are one single frame each, rather than just animating each frame in order from the object file, which...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 16 2018, 20:01

I didn't just go straight to built-in Java libraries because I already have libraries that I've written for overlaying various types of drawing on a single canvas, which are actually pretty good and very flexible. I can easily have multiple drawings overlaid on top of each other, and adding another ...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 16 2018, 19:03

I'm starting to be a little curious, what was the catch here..? The way my code works is it uses Java's BufferedImage class to draw images onto each other. Sometimes the drawImage methods can take some time, especially if the image contains transparency. I haven't looked into the timing, so I'm not...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 16 2018, 18:19

Just a small update: I've had to look elsewhere for displaying the animations because there seems to be a bit more work / optimization for me to do with my libraries before my code can be fast enough, so I've done some research for creating and displaying gifs. I have the code for creating a gif in ...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 11 2018, 18:34

Currently doing a little reading on blending pixels so I can properly display the images and work on showing animations. Not really necessary for actual modding, so if I find it's taking me too long for the amount of progress I make, I will probably move onto other things, such as work to lineup the...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 9 2018, 21:13

So it seems that the ugly picture was due to me not converting the pixel index to an unsigned byte.. After fixing that, we have the following: https://i.imgur.com/IceQyO5.png I'm also now parsing the alpha channel but I need to get a better grasp on what to do with it. I also realized that I can use...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Apr 6 2018, 18:55
Forum: News
Topic: New object package for H4
Replies: 21
Views: 1464

Re: New object package for H4

Yeah, the adventure object ones look correct because they are, for the most part, completely impassable whereas the landscaping objects aren't. You still read the same amount of data, so it looks correct :D

Go to advanced search