Search found 577 matches

by iLiVeInAbOx05
Sep 3 2019, 15:05
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Maps discussion
Replies: 1
Views: 141

Re: Maps discussion

Well, as far as H4 maps, you can take a look here.

Someone else will have to chime in for H3 / H5. I took a look at the H3 section on the main CH Heavens page but didn't see a link similar to the one for H4 for top maps.

Hope this helps!
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 30 2019, 15:12
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H4 Displaying a message during AI turn when an object is taking
Replies: 7
Views: 338

Re: H4 Displaying a message during AI turn when an object is taking

The tedious aspect can be taken away if you use the H4 Advanced Options Editor. Then you only have to write the script once and you copy and paste and just change the artifact (or whatever you need to change) in the pasted script. Still haven't had a chance to take a look, but I think Jeff has given...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 28 2019, 14:47
Forum: Articles
Topic: Files
Replies: 6
Views: 1330

Re: Files

Pol wrote:Actually it's here. It's just wasn't copied to the forum, because of a very old bug/feature.

Gotcha, I thought the link you posted above was to let me know the utility was included, but then it took me to an unrelated thread so I was a little confused :D
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 27 2019, 16:13

I'm guessing you meant to post this in the other thread where the guy doesn't understand that I'm just posting about a better option for anyone that happens by his thread?

Just shows how much better the H4MG is ;)
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 27 2019, 16:08
Topic: H4 Utility – problem with adding scripts
Replies: 16
Views: 489

Re: H4 Utility – problem with adding scripts

I understand perfectly well what it's supposed to do and what you are supposed to do outside of the program. It just isn't at all intuitive and, like I said, even people that know how to use it still have issues with it and have to find workarounds. All I was saying in my last post is that you weren...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 26 2019, 21:53

Why would I need to save all of that stuff when I already have it at the touch of a button? Also, that's only one task that can be performed, what about all the rest? Anyone else using H4Util would need to find a good write up for each task it can perform, and there aren't many write-ups out there. ...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 26 2019, 21:26

Looks like the Heroes 4 Advanced Options Map Editor isn't on the list above? You could also add the H4 Resource Editor to the list?

The thread for the H4 Resource Editor is here
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 26 2019, 21:21

Eh, you can argue with me as much as you want, but it's not efficient. Maybe if you're talking about as far as computational resources are concerned, since it only runs for a single task, rather than opens maps for editing, etc. Copying and pasting your script text is only part of the task. You stil...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 26 2019, 16:06
Topic: H4 Displaying a message during AI turn when an object is taking
Replies: 7
Views: 338

Re: H4 Displaying a message during AI turn when an object is taking

I'll have to take a look later to verify, but don't mines have standard events? If they do, then you can simply use the captured event to place your scripting in.

Not sure on the pandora's box, I'll have to try to take a look at the editor later.
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 26 2019, 16:04

Not to sound rude, but there is nothing simple / intuitive or efficient about the older H4Util, which is why we got together and came up with a new Utility which could simply and easily do the things map makers wish they could with the game's editor. If you can copy and paste events or scripts betwe...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 23 2019, 17:47

You must not do much with scripting then :)
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Aug 20 2019, 17:47

What exactly are you trying to do with your scripts? If you're just editing, why not use the editor? If it's due to the annoyance of dealing with nested scripts, you could give the H4MG Advanced Options Map Editor a try. You don't have to click 1000 times to get to the script you want, and you can c...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jul 2 2019, 19:10
Topic: H4 Mods
Replies: 4
Views: 507

Re: H4 Mods

No prob! Not trying to push you away from Greatest Mod. There has been a lot of good feedback for it and you should try it out at some point as well :D
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jul 1 2019, 16:18
Topic: H4 Mods
Replies: 4
Views: 507

Re: H4 Mods

Most people use Equilibris.

Greatest Mod would be what you want if you want to play with slightly different lineups for the factions. Greatest Mod is based on Equilibris if I remember correctly, but then Nimostar made a lot of his own changes.
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jun 13 2019, 21:47
Topic: Build the Grail - HoMM IV victory condition?
Replies: 10
Views: 634

Re: Build the Grail - HoMM IV victory condition?

Is he asking about the Grail artifact, which yes could be done with the check artifact. But I thought he was asking about building the grail structure such as the Holy Avatar which would require a check if has building script and that doesn't exist. Yes, he did say when building the grail, but I wa...
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jun 11 2019, 22:44

You could potentially check if a hero at a certain town has the grail in their possession, and set victory that way, no? Then the victory condition would be to bring the grail to a specific town.

There is a "has artifact" script which will let you select the type of artifact to check for.
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jun 11 2019, 20:41

I'll try to open up the Editor tonight and have a look. There should be SOMETHING there that you can do.

Karmakeld might have some ideas.
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jun 11 2019, 17:39

I just looked through a list of most* of the H4 scripts available here, and I don't see anything about checking for a structure, so you may have to come up with something creative if there isn't a way to enable this through the editor (might be a checkbox hiding in one of the menus).
by iLiVeInAbOx05
Jun 11 2019, 17:32

I don't think there is anything specific like that in the editor. You probably need to do a test if player has structure (grail), then victory. Might be best under continuous scripts if you can add the check there. Been a little while since I've used the editor, so that's all I can think of right now.
by iLiVeInAbOx05
May 30 2019, 3:43
Topic: H4ResourceEditor
Replies: 69
Views: 14233

Re: H4ResourceEditor

OP updated again with another small update. - Removed the "Update" and "Close" buttons, so there is no more ambiguity with how to actually save your changes. Simply File->Save and any changes you made will be saved with the object. - Finished moving over to the new mask parsing c...

Go to advanced search