Search found 5 matches

by terrycrewser4th
12 Feb 2014, 06:08
Forum: Articles
Topic: Our MMX Review
Replies: 15
Views: 13044

CH MMX: Legacy Review

I agree with some points, like the difficulty of the puzzles and lack of direction to find items or complete quests. I hope people can see that this is one of the oldest tricks in the book, which is false lengthening or fake difficulty, which makes a shorter game seem longer than it really is. Any g...
by terrycrewser4th
14 Jan 2014, 19:14
Forum: News
Topic: MMX Preview by RPG Codex
Replies: 25
Views: 10733

MMX Preview by RPG Codex

@Variol
"age = wisdom!"

Wisdom might increase with age, but I don't agree that it comes with it by default.
Age and wisdom do not grow equally together. Wisdom often races ahead of age. Wisdom certainly CAN increase with age but that doesn't mean it always WILL.
by terrycrewser4th
14 Jan 2014, 19:04

MMX Preview by RPG Codex

@Jeff "My guess is that they are not listening or investigating the truth before venting. Many of us do that even me :, though not as much as when I was younger." Your guess is wrong in this case. I understand in what ways they are introducing some old-style elements such as gameplay style...
by terrycrewser4th
14 Jan 2014, 18:43

MMX Preview by RPG Codex

@hellegennes "I think you are overestimating the actual distance between MMX and the previous titles. A game series is not just storyline." I never said the storyline made the game. The overarching story has strong influences on the look and feel of the game world. Though people may not ac...
by terrycrewser4th
29 Dec 2013, 10:29

MMX Preview by RPG Codex

@JSE: I agree with all your points about the original universe being excluded. To be honest, I'd much rather they at least "attempted" to make connections or include elements of the original universe. With none of that, the game could easily be any number of generic "old school" ...

Go to advanced search