Search found 25 matches

by Mhorhe
19 Nov 2011, 09:13
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: auto-combat vs manual combat.
Replies: 8
Views: 11594

I hear that, frustrating :S Incredibly spell-happy, and sloppily careless with high speed/initiative units.

Although, for me, worst of all is that auto-combat does not register as Dynasty XP. Seriously annoying, does anyone else get that?
by Mhorhe
07 Nov 2011, 14:46
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 95894

Corlagon wrote:
Yazman wrote:This has got to be the most worthless, pointless post I've seen on these forums in a long time
Not half as worthless as a post that apparently can't manage to convey its message without chastising another poster as being hardware.
:D
by Mhorhe
04 Nov 2011, 19:58
Topic: Crashes!..can't..take..it..anymore!
Replies: 12
Views: 8185

Mine was working fine, then it began crashing like crazy, you couldn't do anything. But I got it fixed and it may work for you. First I installed on my laptop, and there it ran perfect so I knew it was my Win XP machine. Since I could now play I decided to delete the install on Win XP. I deleted al...
by Mhorhe
03 Nov 2011, 08:07
Topic: Dynasty weapon's EXP
Replies: 7
Views: 6329

Auto-combat doesn't grant Dynasty XP to me :( Everything else (including XP won when you allow them to flee) works, but not auto-combat..
by Mhorhe
02 Nov 2011, 22:36

If I wanted to play Warhammer, I would just play Warhammer. If I wanted to play Disciples, I would play Disciples. The Fortress is the best example of what I hated about Heroes V. They weren't going for originality, they re-designed the game world and turned it into boring old overdone fantasy, ins...
by Mhorhe
02 Nov 2011, 22:32

Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode? And does it run well in safe mode? Do you have access to different PCs that run on vista/7 instead of XP that you could try the game on? Didn't try that, to be sure, and I don't have anything else than XP. I'm surprised I'm the only one with th...
by Mhorhe
02 Nov 2011, 10:06

Nobody else with this problem? :S Am I the lucky one? :D
by Mhorhe
26 Oct 2011, 14:21

They were generic as hell. They took Dungeon and Nature and turned them into stupid elf cliches. They turned Dungeon into a D&D ripoff (Drow?) and Nature had one too many elf units. I can handle one or two but three (almost half) is too much, imo. I loved Dungeon in Heroes 3. Dungeon didn't hav...
by Mhorhe
24 Oct 2011, 08:17
Topic: Some issues with the Haven campaign
Replies: 5
Views: 4271

The Snakes in Heaven quest doesn't complete for me either, and for others as well as far as I know. So you're not alone in that particular grief :) Guardian shield disappearing.. no, can't say that I have stumbled on that one. I hope it's just the extra morale eating up the turn, or something, other...
by Mhorhe
21 Oct 2011, 15:45

First things first: I've read this whole thread from the beginning and didn't shy from any Big Wall of Text. I just point you to the title of the tread: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game This whole stuff is to show why cjlee is disappointed with the series he loves - it i...
by Mhorhe
21 Oct 2011, 11:57

This is the fundamental flaw in your argumentation: it all boils down to personal preferences, so your take on HoMM VI is as good as cjlee 's. Oh.. right. You are right. Except.. I already said that myself, please re-read my post: " That's of course, MY personal preference , so not anymore rig...
by Mhorhe
20 Oct 2011, 18:37

Well, it can be like a "curse" thing. There are those odd obelisks showing where this zone ends and another beings. This Blockade feature could work on these Obelisks, creating a sort of barrier (dunno if it would end up becoming a physical barrier that could even block a hero from passin...
by Mhorhe
20 Oct 2011, 16:37
Topic: I hate Nerd Rage
Replies: 23
Views: 12169

That is the big question why HoMM 3 could not be considered as the ideal ,most loved model and all next HOMM games should follow it .Ofc changing grphx ,making improvemnts adding new factions and units ,intrigue etc . While such as creations as HoMM 5-6 should go to the category of related to HoMM'...
by Mhorhe
20 Oct 2011, 15:11
Topic: I hate Nerd Rage
Replies: 23
Views: 12169

At some risk, I'm going to have to say this: I WISH I'd pirated it :/ Hell, it was available on torrents about a day before steam allowed me to get my grubby paws on it. But, no, it was a Heroes game I've long awaited! I pre-ordered it! What could go wrong, right? Right?! ...turns out, plenty. The g...
by Mhorhe
20 Oct 2011, 14:55

It would seem to me that unconnected zones shouldn't provide sharing of hiring, like the AI conquering a fort of yours between two of your zones, so they are not connected. But, given that these days I'm mostly trying to understand why things are done the way they are, even that I don't like them a...
by Mhorhe
20 Oct 2011, 11:36

I also think it's funny that he talks about Night of the Living Dead. Yes they call them "ghouls" in that film, but they are and have always been zombies - Romero has said in interviews that he didn't want to call them zombies because he was changing the paradigm so much that he wasn't su...
by Mhorhe
20 Oct 2011, 10:51
Topic: All this "i m not happy with the game" - h6 is awe
Replies: 13
Views: 8948

I have to agree wholeheartedly.

I'm so glad the game FINALLY evolved in a good way (unlike HIV) I'm willing to forgive them for the bugs and the constant crashes.

It's not perfect, but I'm hopeful it's going to be.

Here's to the long awaited evolution of the perfect HIII: CHEERS! :)
by Mhorhe
20 Oct 2011, 10:37
Topic: Heroes VI Fan Manual
Replies: 26
Views: 35135

Thank yeh kindly, good work!
by Mhorhe
20 Oct 2011, 10:36
Topic: There is a manual!
Replies: 10
Views: 5878

That can serve forum search > https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12506 Gah, my bad :S thank you :) Maybe it would be better to stick topic with fan manual? That thing from Ubihole can't be name manual, it's just random scraps of "paper". :P Someone need to show them H...
by Mhorhe
20 Oct 2011, 10:35

I too have started playing in the 90s. I too have played through every Heroes game to date, expansions and all. And generally it was an upwards trend - I liked 2 more than 1, 3 more than 2. 4 was somewhat of a regression, I liked that they were trying to revolutionize things but some of the changes ...

Go to advanced search