Search found 540 matches

by Arret
13 Jul 2017, 23:33
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM8 bow recovery time below 30 (with video)
Replies: 4
Views: 4814

Re: MM8 bow recovery time below 30 (with video)

That's correct, it's not nearly as hard in MM8. In MM7 the way to 5 (or 0) almost always requires abusing the Eeofol well and raising Bow skill past 40. In MM8 not only are there a lot more Artifacts with Swiftness, but the Master Bounty Hunter quest creates a ton of levels by itself with it's 1.2 m...
by Arret
10 Jul 2017, 23:37
Topic: MM8 bow recovery time below 30 (with video)
Replies: 4
Views: 4814

Re: MM8 bow recovery time below 30 (with video)

Even with Greyface's patches I've gotten it down to 5 in MM7 and 0 in the MM8. In the NWC unpatched version it's 0 for MM7 as well.

The 30 limit is for melee only.
by Arret
09 Sep 2016, 22:22
Topic: Max level training hall (MM8)
Replies: 12
Views: 11264

Re: Max level training hall (MM8)

I had the same question/problem which is why I created the thread in the first place.

Yes, it would require modding it or doing a character edit.
by Arret
08 Sep 2016, 21:59
Topic: Max level training hall (MM8)
Replies: 12
Views: 11264

Re: Max level training hall (MM8)

I've gotten to 300 in MM8 with Necro/Dragon before and that's without respawns. You just need to pump up learning skill early.
by Arret
08 Sep 2016, 02:05
Topic: Echo's MM8 Monstrosity Modling v1.0
Replies: 81
Views: 75860

Re: Echo's MM8 Monstrosity Modling v1.0

I went ahead and edited them myself manually from the screenshots on page 1. Tedious, but not hard.
by Arret
08 Sep 2016, 00:55

Re: Echo's MM8 Monstrosity Modling v1.0

The class skill changes weren't included in the downloads.

I went ahead and got MMExtension, and it looks like the appropriate files are supposed to be in the \Data\Tables\ folder:
ClassSkills.txt
Class HP SP.txt
and maybe Class Starting Skills.txt
by Arret
04 Aug 2016, 02:35
Topic: Monster generators don't work in WoX
Replies: 6
Views: 3501

Re: Monster generators don't work in WoX

Remember that you can only train to 200, but can still hit 255 with all characters if you have saved most of the +permanent level items/quests.
by Arret
17 Jul 2016, 15:26

Re: Echo's MM8 Monstrosity Modling [++ utility & difficulty, items, terrain textures, balance]

Chain makes physical damage do 2/3. Leather gives resistances. Unlike in the other MM games, an enormous amount of time is spent in places where all damage is elemental, and they actually use all four elements. There also aren't anything like Behemoths which would punish you for lapsing on physical ...
by Arret
17 Jul 2016, 03:03

Re: Echo's MM8 Monstrosity Modling [++ utility & difficulty, items, terrain textures, balance]

Ok that makes sense. Shield skill is pretty weak, but you are giving a ton of defense with GM regeneration, leather, chain, and shield GM and building the troll as a mostly defensive character that has master magic skills. If that's the case, then even master Armsmaster might be a bit much. I person...
by Arret
16 Jul 2016, 21:37

Re: Echo's MM8 Monstrosity Modling [++ utility & difficulty, new items, new textures]

You weren't kidding about those troll druids. Just from experience I can say not having master sword for the troll would be annoying simply due to the lack of 2h maces and abundance of sword artifacts. I can see it either way considering all the magic skills trolls got as a result, but would lean to...
by Arret
16 Jul 2016, 15:32

Re: Echo's MM8 Monstrosity Modling [++ utility & difficulty, new items, new textures]

Souldrinker has a horrible recovery time, so it never dealt enough damage for me to act as anything other than a desperation heal. To each his own. The major difference between Knights and Trolls will come down to plate armor and mace paralyze. Balance looks MUCH better now. If you are concerned abo...
by Arret
15 Jul 2016, 22:54

Knights do an enormous amount of damage. 250 per attack with minimum(30) recovery time pretty early. Especially with dual wielding artifacts they just deal a ridiculous amount of single target damage (remember you can use the seer to recover Ebonest!). Their value drops a ton once you start cranking...
by Arret
15 Jul 2016, 01:01

There is a Vampire right when you get to Ravenshore by the boat. That's the one I would replace with a troll since you already have one from Dagger Wound. I don't usually use trolls, but it seemed like an oversight not being able to have one until you finished the promotion quest. Rock Blast gets pr...
by Arret
14 Jul 2016, 05:37

Finished it up. Actually a pretty solid improvement over the base game. I had to do a clean install from my earlier issue and then restart, but all I had done to that point was clear Dagger Wound and the Dragonbane flower quest. I don't know if the mod had anything to do with the issue. Good: Dungeo...
by Arret
09 Jul 2016, 18:55

Decided to give it a shot. When I bought the boat trip in Dagger Wound to go to Ravenshore my file got corrupted and I got an internal error/crash (repeated this several times). I had to alter the EnglishT.lod file back to the previous version, travel to Ravenshore, run out of the zone to Garrote Go...
by Arret
09 Jul 2016, 13:56
Topic: MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!
Replies: 544
Views: 406829

Re: MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

No, it's the house next to the Thrush's letter quest. It will be empty 100% of the time unless you are in summer at that part of the coding wizard quest.
by Arret
09 Jul 2016, 01:53

The way the game engine works means that time based events only trigger when you ENTER a zone. You should be able to see the npc (assuming the time is right) by entering the Castle or sewers and then re-entering Erathia.
by Arret
08 Jul 2016, 00:18

While I haven't had this exact problem, I have had crashes in the Pit a few times. What triggered it was the attacks and summoning of enemies, so to fix it I entered from Deyja and just ran through the whole place (including the Temple) invisible. If invisibility doesn't work then you probably will ...
by Arret
21 Jun 2016, 03:13
Topic: Monster generators don't work in WoX
Replies: 6
Views: 3501

Re: Monster generators don't work in WoX

There are a few places that are dependent on destroying creature generators to stop the respawns (Asp, Castle Xeen), and Nightshadow spawns Bat Queens forever, but it's very limited unlike IoT. I think the gemstone mines (Darkside) should have caused a respawn when you pay the 250000 to recharge the...
by Arret
19 Jun 2016, 19:05
Topic: "Boss fights" in MM6-7-8
Replies: 7
Views: 5138

Re: "Boss fights" in MM6-7-8

Shrines would have been more appropriate in MM7 simply because of how much longer it takes to finish the game (mainly due to training). I can't remember the last time it took me 11 months to finish MM6.

Go to advanced search