Search found 323 matches

by Anubis
Dec 1 2020, 22:19
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: The Chaos Conspiracy Redone
Replies: 127
Views: 21647

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy Redone

The only thing I can think of is that you might've installed GrayFace's patch and left the box checked where it says to uncheck it when installing over a large mod (like TCC)?

You should be starting in front of the tavern at Castle Ironfist, btw.
by Anubis
Nov 30 2020, 1:50

nstall it and tried it. Didn't really understand the challenge changes. Sure there are more and tougher monsters around. To the extent that new party attacked immediately upon game start. What is the fun in battling unprepared? Obviously, player would escape this suicidal combat. What is the point ...
by Anubis
Nov 25 2020, 13:12
Topic: Where is the maestro npc in the might and magic 7 mod?
Replies: 2
Views: 184

Re: Where is the maestro npc in the might and magic 7 mod?

Maestro NPC is in Land of the Giants. He's in the house with the GM Armsmaster Trainer.

I'm not sure what you mean by praying at the altars though. If you're talking about the Druid altars, they're at Evenmorn Island, Avlee, and Tatalia.
by Anubis
Nov 22 2020, 5:43
Topic: MIGHT MAGIC 7 MAESTRO BOOK OF UNMAKING QUEST
Replies: 1
Views: 140

Re: MIGHT MAGIC 7 MAESTRO BOOK OF UNMAKING QUEST

It's been a while since I've played that mod but off the top of my head:

To activate the teleporter, I believe you need to touch the well that's directly outside of the School of Sorcery? If not, it might be the teleporter north of the stables at Bracada Desert.
by Anubis
Oct 11 2020, 1:52
Topic: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]
Replies: 6058
Views: 734908

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Posting this for someone else. They're having an issue with the Merge. Upon starting a game, they hit "escape" and the game would play for one frame before the console shows up with this error: ——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— ...Magic 8 D...
by Anubis
Sep 16 2020, 6:22
Forum: News
Topic: Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News
Replies: 6
Views: 710

Re: Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News

This interview was amazing! I really admired how in-depth Tim's answers were. His stories were great to listen to.

I'm definitely looking forward to future interviews!
by Anubis
Sep 12 2020, 18:55
Forum: News
Topic: Tim Lang on Aeolwyn's Legacy and Game Design (Celestial Heavens Interview)
Replies: 5
Views: 939

Re: Tim Lang on Aeolwyn's Legacy and Game Design (Celestial Heavens Interview)

This was a great interview! I'm looking forward to Part 2 and having Tim talk more about the development of Aeolwyn's Legacy!

I especially loved Tim's Dungeons & Dragons story at his work. I also loved his story regarding BrappGames/DungeonByte.
by Anubis
Aug 31 2020, 22:38

For example Port Sleigon north and northwest was swarming with soldiers of fortune. Any plans to make that option of difficulty back?

I remember that in BDJ's original mod. Maybe you need to have the "meanest motherfracker" difficulty enabled? Not sure.
by Anubis
Aug 24 2020, 22:25
Topic: A new (upcoming) interview with Tim Lang!
Replies: 17
Views: 1925

Re: A new (upcoming) interview with Tim Lang!

When are you going to have your interview with Tim Lang, by the way? Also, are you just going to announce the interview on the main website or will there be an announcement somewhere in the forums?
by Anubis
Aug 21 2020, 22:56
Topic: A new (upcoming) interview with Tim Lang!
Replies: 17
Views: 1925

Re: A new (upcoming) interview with Tim Lang!

Hopefully I'm not too late in submitting possible questions! 1. What does Tim think of people who criticize aspects of his game? (e.g. the story, customization, gameplay) Does he take it personally or does he just completely ignore those people? 2. How many hours (on average) do you hope it'll take ...
by Anubis
Aug 17 2020, 21:09
Topic: Resistances in MM6-MM8
Replies: 4
Views: 452

Resistances in MM6-MM8

Novi asked a good question in the Might & Magic discord earlier today:

If a character had -60 Resistance, how does that work? Would that be similar to a character having 0 resistance?
by Anubis
Jun 10 2020, 9:20
Topic: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]
Replies: 530
Views: 248773

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]

Hey, I have a follow-up question. What localization is your Might and Magic 6 game? (e.g. is it English, Russian, etc.)?
by Anubis
Jun 10 2020, 4:24

I've never heard of that error before. You'll have to wait for GrayFace to respond. Sorry I couldn't be of further help.
by Anubis
Jun 10 2020, 3:32

When I try to run the official updates to go from 1.0 - 1.2, it hangs up and won't run. You don't need to bother running the official updates. GrayFace's patch already includes that. You just need to install MM6 and then install GrayFace's patch on top of that. Do you have Discord, by any chance? I...
by Anubis
Jun 8 2020, 6:37
Topic: Generating a bitmap based on models + terrain
Replies: 1
Views: 517

Generating a bitmap based on models + terrain

In Icons.LOD for MM6 and MM7, there are BMP files (out01, out02, oute1, oute2, etc.) of the overworld maps (e.g. map of erathia, new sorpigal, emerald isle, etc.) and I'm assuming that these maps were automatically generated based on the models/terrain in the map. I'm just wondering if there's any t...
by Anubis
Jun 8 2020, 4:49
Topic: MM7Rev4modR1 Redone
Replies: 88
Views: 8507

Re: MM7Rev4modR1 Redone

Due to my color-blindness, it was super-hard for me to see the items on the ground when I started the game, especially weapons (e.g. the Duelist Blade of Acid on Emerald Isle). I eventually ended up going into Icons.LOD and replacing all the modified items with the vanilla images. That said, I hones...
by Anubis
Jun 7 2020, 21:34
Topic: MM7Rev4modR1 Redone
Replies: 88
Views: 8507

Re: MM7Rev4modR1 Redone

no. ethric's staff was removed from the game. wizard staff w/ enchantment is the best you can do.
by Anubis
Jun 6 2020, 3:07
Topic: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]
Replies: 738
Views: 227052

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

@cthscr I appreciate the responses to my questions(s) in this thread & the other one. That helps a ton. Thanks.

Go to advanced search