Search found 1317 matches

by Grumpy Old Wizard
26 Mar 2012, 23:49
Forum: News
Topic: Poll: What To Do First
Replies: 33
Views: 17644

Poll: What To Do First

Game balance should be of paramount concern. However, much of the success of the series can be laid at the feet of the talented HOMM community map makers. The game simply should not have been released without a well functioning map editor.
by Grumpy Old Wizard
24 Mar 2012, 01:14
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: 3x 50% off HOMM6 Coupons for free
Replies: 0
Views: 1902

3x 50% off HOMM6 Coupons for free

Steam has for some reason granted me three 50% off coupons for HOMM6 when I already own it. If anyone wants a free coupon post here or PM me. The catch is the coupons are only good till April 1 so you have about a week to get one. I'll be signing in and checking the thread about this time every day ...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
01 Aug 2011, 02:25
Topic: The Current State of Things
Replies: 31
Views: 12864

The Current State of Things

I have not ordered the game yet and thus have not played the beta. Some of the changes concern me. Such as no randomness in skills or spells. I play mostly single player games or coop/friendly competition games so I don't care if I might lose on occasion due to not getting the exact skills/spells I ...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
16 Feb 2011, 04:02
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Dungeons.
Replies: 2
Views: 3924

I like Dungeons. :) It has a campaign and sandbox maps. I am in the middle of the campaign. Yes, Dungeons is NOT Dungeon Keeper. Dungeons focuses on the dungeon lord rather than on the dungeon lord's creatures. You role play the dungeon lord. You gain points to increase your attributes, skills, or s...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
27 Jan 2011, 03:32
Topic: Magicka
Replies: 8
Views: 6978

Magicka

This looks like a fun Gauntlet style game with a nice magic system. I'm downloading it now. It is $9.99 on Steam.

Magicka

Steam has a few extras if you order by Jan 31.
by Grumpy Old Wizard
27 Nov 2010, 22:15
Topic: Homm V on Windows 7
Replies: 9
Views: 7718

I don't have trouble with HOMM5 on Windows 7. Make sure you are all patched up. You might try an uninstall/reinstall of the game if that is not the issue. Or running it in compatability mode.
by Grumpy Old Wizard
27 Nov 2010, 22:09
Topic: King's Bounty Armored Princess
Replies: 75
Views: 52366

The Black Friday weekend deal for King's Bounty Platinum Edition is $7 for digitial download at Amazon.com. That is Legends, Armored Princess and Crossworlds.
by Grumpy Old Wizard
16 Mar 2010, 01:18
Topic: Are witch huts worth it?
Replies: 19
Views: 14093

As has been said, use a secondary heroe for the initial visit. Your main heroe should always have a secondary heroe, a "squire" traveling with him. The squire will pick up resources so the main heroe does not waste moveinet points doing so. The squire will visit witch huts and help shuttle...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
16 Mar 2010, 01:13
Topic: Game Crash
Replies: 3
Views: 3363

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? If it was running fine until recently you might try clearing out any recently installed mods/maps to see if that helps. Also, try shutting down all programs you don't need while you play HOMM. There is a freeware program called Game Booster that...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
16 Mar 2010, 01:01
Topic: Diablo III
Replies: 442
Views: 129756

For those interested, the ladder will be reset in about a week and the new patch will be official. They said a week or so ago there would be a few more changes in addition to what we have seen in the 1.13b test patch. Ladder rreset and patch 1.13 soon Diablo II Ladder Reset Coming - Nebu We will be ...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
24 Feb 2010, 12:26
Topic: Diablo III
Replies: 442
Views: 129756

The new Diablo 2 patch is on the public patch testing realms. So those who may be interested in starting online play for the new ladder should keep an eye out.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/commen ... est-realm/
by Grumpy Old Wizard
24 Feb 2010, 12:16
Topic: UbiSoft Online Controversy
Replies: 155
Views: 55487

Thanks for the feedback on Spores. I thought it would be a neat game to try but the DRM nixed it for me. I heard they made some changes to the DRM now but I haven't looked into it. I have a constant internet connection but it is just the idea of it being required, plus my single player games being s...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
23 Feb 2010, 15:05
Topic: UbiSoft Online Controversy
Replies: 155
Views: 55487

I won't be buying a single player game that requires an online connection and stores my games on the company server. Servers go down. Servers have down time for maintenance, ect. Ubi may say they don't care what the fans say about the issue but if the fans boycott their products they'll come to thei...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
27 Jan 2010, 09:02
Topic: Mass Effect
Replies: 174
Views: 134488

I finished a ME playthrough just a few days ago with an adept. I used Ashley and Tali all the way through. I imported him to ME 2 where he started at level 5 and is now level 8. I don't think I've played enough to give a good overall impression. The first parts of the game were like a tutorial thoug...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
22 Jan 2010, 11:40
Forum: Campfire
Topic: An Open Letter on Haiti pwns aerican idiots
Replies: 9
Views: 4840

In resonse to the rather provacative letter I'll just say that even though the US is in the midst of an economic crisis we have sent lots of troops and aid and are currently rebuilding the main Hatian port. Yes, the evil imperialistic United States strikes again to bring misery, pain, and dispair to...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
17 Jan 2010, 15:08
Topic: "Impossible" size maps
Replies: 10
Views: 14717

I got a new computer a few weeks ago and haven't reinstalled HOMM5 yet so I can't check that. I do recall not being terribly impressed with the random map generator. You may wish to try a fan made random map generator. It looks like this one is projected to have another update this month. I have not...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
17 Jan 2010, 14:08
Topic: Mass Effect
Replies: 174
Views: 134488

No, I don't think you keep charm/intimidate, as those skills don't exist in ME 2. Not putting points in charm/intimidate was just to get the most powerful combat character possible when playing ME 1. Your character will start as a level 1 character with bonus skill points based on the level characte...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
10 Jan 2010, 10:33
Forum: Campfire
Topic: TV shows (Spoilers!)
Replies: 1438
Views: 255918

The shows I keep up with:
Stargate Universe
The Mentalist
Smallville
Ghost Whisperer

The holidays means the shows have been repeats, and I seldom watch repeats unless they are an old series.

The Cowboys trounced the Eagles. :)
by Grumpy Old Wizard
10 Jan 2010, 10:21
Topic: "Impossible" size maps
Replies: 10
Views: 14717

I like the "large" size best for HOMM 5. I think that an immosible size map has to limit the number of computer opponents and has to limit the movement options the computer has. Blocked regions and such that are incrementally unlocked by the player. Computer players can be inactive until s...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
10 Jan 2010, 10:03
Topic: Latest game you purchased
Replies: 254
Views: 57008

Dragon Age: Origins.

I'll probably be picking up Mass Effect 2 which is due out 26th of this month,

Go to advanced search