Search found 736 matches

by cjlee
12 Nov 2017, 12:43
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Heroes 7 Review v1.7 and campaign walkthroughs
Replies: 41
Views: 56067

Re: Heroes 7 Review v1.7 and campaign walkthroughs

Deciding that I can't just leave things hanging, I went back and finished the scenario. It took me 2 more weeks, and I overran the enemy easily because... It turns out you don't have to fight Wilhelm. I'd forgotten that from my first playthrough. Wilhelm has 50 Swordmasters and 250 Abbots and what n...
by cjlee
11 Nov 2017, 02:34
Topic: Cjlee’s latest contribution
Replies: 5
Views: 6322

Re: Cjlee’s latest contribution

Sad to say, H4 is almost dead. I played it to death, so it might be a long time if I ever go back. Thanks to you Steven I did take a peek into H4's Greatest Mod, and it was interesting, but I don't know if I want to relearn how each unit works. (EG I didn't realize that Centaurs had been promoted to...
by cjlee
11 Nov 2017, 02:29
Topic: Heroes 7 Review v1.7 and campaign walkthroughs
Replies: 41
Views: 56067

Re: Heroes 7 Review v1.7 and campaign walkthroughs

I recently replayed the Dungeon campaign on Heroic, v2.2 patch (the last one). Couldn't finish the campaign. Or at least, couldn't finish in the time I was willing to finish. That's the problem. The whole campaign was poorly designed, and after breezing through 3 maps without serious challenge (and ...
by cjlee
26 Oct 2017, 18:39
Topic: Cjlee’s latest contribution
Replies: 5
Views: 6322

Cjlee’s latest contribution

Recently I played a few H7 games. Very buggy. But I just had to do some gaming, after months of not touching any games. But I’m not here to complain about the bugs. There’s enough written about them. Rather, I want to share a few observations. H7 did have some pretty interesting ideas and concepts t...
by cjlee
26 Oct 2017, 17:17
Topic: Bug Reports after patch 2.2.1 (Last patch - Quick Hotfix)
Replies: 12
Views: 13609

Re: Bug Reports after patch 2.2.1 (Last patch - Quick Hotfix)

Um, how to change processor affinity? I don't even understand what this is.
by cjlee
26 Oct 2017, 17:15
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H4 campaign in progress - The Tale of Young Mudgeon
Replies: 127
Views: 70005

Re: HIV campaign in progress - The Tale of Young Mudgeon

just logged on to make a new post, and something struck me...

HIV campaign sounds like something to do with AIDS... call it H4, it looks better.
by cjlee
02 Oct 2017, 18:24
Topic: Buglist 2.21
Replies: 13
Views: 20826

Re: Buglist 2.21

Amazing thing is, I read through like 30 of the bugs on the 'to do' list and just stopped. That list alone is too much for me to handle. I don't have time to game now, but you're right and I agree with your bug list. It was just too overwhelming to read the same things that I had been ranting about ...
by cjlee
01 Oct 2017, 16:51
Topic: Buglist 2.21
Views: 20826

Re: Buglist 2.21

OK, but who's doing the modfix? I thought Ubisoft washed their hands of this game?
by cjlee
29 Sep 2017, 19:16

Steven, I downloaded that mod, put it in my folder, but it didn't seem to do anything. I can load the campaign maps from that mod when I enter game and look for the maps supposedly specifically modded for the campaign, but everything still seems to look the same (no unit and faction change)
by cjlee
28 Sep 2017, 14:11
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Add mirrored map objects
Replies: 33
Views: 32450

Re: Add mirrored map objects

jeff is a hero, simple as that. I'm going to log out now, and come back in six months. For your new campaign...
by cjlee
28 Sep 2017, 14:10
Forum: News
Topic: Paul Romero Symphony Concert in Poland 27.10.17
Replies: 14
Views: 9614

Re: Paul Romero Symphony Concert in Poland 27.10.17

Paul Romero is about the only reason anybody has for experiencing Heroes 6 and 7 now... I can't remember the announcement, but will he have H7 tracks also?
by cjlee
27 Sep 2017, 08:39

I haven't been on the forums for more than 6 months, but recently came back just because it has been a while since I played H7. Some months ago Trial by Fire was going for $6.99. Back then I was sneering, it'll be $3.99 soon, and that is when I buy this buggy expansion. After all, I'd gotten the mai...
by cjlee
26 Sep 2017, 11:12
Forum: Articles
Topic: Jennifer Bullard - Lost manuscript files
Views: 22314

Re: Jennifer Bullard - Lost manuscript files

We now await some enthusiast to turn these into real campaigns... modders, do your best!
by cjlee
26 Sep 2017, 11:10
Topic: Paul Romero Symphony Concert in Poland 27.10.17
Replies: 14
Views: 9614

Re: Paul Romero Symphony Concert in Poland 27.10.17

See, good quality intellectual property, can keep on rewarding the creator years later. There is no end of fans who will happily pay money to sit and listen to Paul Romero in concert, buy the MP3, etc. Ubisoft has no need to do everything with short term objectives. Make a good product; it'll still ...
by cjlee
26 Sep 2017, 05:17
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: *IMPORTANT* Limbic to team up with 505 Games
Replies: 6
Views: 4801

Re: *IMPORTANT* Limbic to team up with 505 Games

Sorry, I read this and got excited for nothing. Wonder if Ubisoft is willing to sell the Heroes franchise for like $5000, since they have absolutely no hope of getting anything else from the fans. Probably we could crowdfund $5k, after which some enthusiasts get around to making Heroes VIII, which b...
by cjlee
26 Sep 2017, 05:11
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes 6 - Haven facton-battles won and lost
Replies: 2
Views: 4982

Re: Heroes 6 - Haven facton-battles won and lost

I'm amazed that there is even one person in the world who is still playing Heroes 6.
by cjlee
20 Sep 2017, 17:14
Topic: Heroes IV Greatest Mod 016 Full Released!
Replies: 21
Views: 40621

Re: Heroes IV Greatest Mod 016 Full Released!

OMG, and to think that after not playing Heroes for 8 months, I started redownloading U-be-soft's toilet paper production Heroes 7 today to get back into the game - and now I see this! But with the better part of an hour spent waiting for their 14GB game to download (and barely halfway through), I'm...
by cjlee
21 Dec 2016, 14:04
Topic: Is this an ad, or is Ubisoft really this good?
Replies: 1
Views: 2301

Is this an ad, or is Ubisoft really this good?

Just look at what TIME magazine, of all publications, has done with Ubisoft http://time.com/4607762/ubisoft-yves-guillemot-interview/ From the starting praise: "French multinational games publisher Ubisoft has turned out some of gaming’s grandest franchises. 30 years old this year, it’s become ...
by cjlee
20 Dec 2016, 17:23
Topic: Your favorite magic school(s) H4
Replies: 57
Views: 38425

Re: Your favorite magic school(s) H4

Its not always true. There are battles lasting around 1 hour or more when the level of opponents is similar. You can see some on my yt channel - cutted to less than 10 min just because not to wait few minutes for every move like in game. When fighting life or order its very often than both players ...
by cjlee
19 Dec 2016, 18:18
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Another Ubisoft product bites the dust?
Replies: 11
Views: 8148

Another Ubisoft product bites the dust?

The film Ass Creed has been getting bad reviews I've been hearing a bit about how good the game is (supposed to be) so I was wondering if the movie could possibly be interesting. But it seems that the critics all despise the movie, and that the only people eager to watch are those who already play t...

Go to advanced search