by Konfuzius
04 Oct 2022, 19:44
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: M&M Heroes 6 - known bugs in 2022
Replies: 1
Views: 2343

Re: M&M Heroes 6 - known bugs in 2022

Dynasty Weapons:
- Will of Urgash: Sometimes increases the cost of fire spells _permanently_ if you load the game.

This is something that always bothered me...
by Konfuzius
04 Oct 2022, 19:31
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: [New Mod] Custom Dungeon Mod for MM7 is out!
Replies: 74
Views: 63233

Re: [New Mod] Custom Dungeon Mod for MM7 is out!

It really makes me happy to see that this old game is still getting some love :D
It's been more than 2 decades and the community is still at works.

I'm seriously considering backing the project!
by Konfuzius
17 May 2019, 22:20
Topic: Working on an extensive MM7 mod... here's what I've got.
Replies: 37
Views: 30806

Re: Working on an extensive MM7 mod... here's what I've got.

Ah, my bad. The way I understood you already had a release in the past and only halted development of future releases. May I ask how you made changes to spells, like Regeneration? I've also been modding the game for years but never managed to change the actual spell behaviour. I did re-balance the S...
by Konfuzius
17 May 2019, 12:45

Re: Working on an extensive MM7 mod... here's what I've got.

Sorry for unburying this old topic, but does somebody still have the mod files lying around? (since the links have broken by now)
I want to have another playthrough of MM7 and the mod seemed interesting enough to check out.
by Konfuzius
14 Dec 2017, 20:33
Topic: [MM8] Asking about modding Spell behaviour
Replies: 0
Views: 1879

[MM8] Asking about modding Spell behaviour

After a long time, I've returned to the series and I am working on a balance mod for MM8. I saw that there have been a lot of development in terms of modding tools for the series and I wondered if it is possible to make custom spells yet? I would love to change the required mastery, change some numb...
by Konfuzius
14 Jun 2015, 17:06
Topic: New to Heroes 6.
Replies: 4
Views: 5275

With modding tools I mean the official tools used by Black Hole (maker of the game) which were leaked long time ago. It's hard to find them online, but I still have a version on my pc (so if you want, you can have it). While the more advanced functions (changing statistics of enemies) worked only in...
by Konfuzius
14 Jun 2015, 10:25
Topic: New to Heroes 6.
Replies: 4
Views: 5275

First, Dungeon is not included in any of the two DLCs. It's part of the stand alone expension "Shades of Darkness". Unlike other Heroes games you must (or really should) first create an own hero before starting a game. To create an own hero, first click on the "My Dynasty" button...
by Konfuzius
10 May 2015, 14:46
Topic: HoMM 6 - learning curve
Replies: 15
Views: 9797

Yeah, at the beginning all the choices really are daunting, but depending on which faction you play, there are only few "must have" skills left and the rest is up to your hero build and personal preference. Something I'd take right at the beginning is always enlightment or logistics (sorry...
by Konfuzius
20 Apr 2015, 14:26
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Heroes 7 skill system
Replies: 62
Views: 29481

Hey fellas, We are currently preparing a statement regarding the skillwheel mechanism. Could you please share with us your main concerns and questions (in bullet points) regarding this Topics, so we can integrate them in the feedback of our gamedesigners? Important information: In this state of the...
by Konfuzius
19 Apr 2015, 17:49

I'm actually not too concerned about thieves at this point since I've really nailed down how I want to balance out - and therefore make useful - the Disarm Trap skill. That said, I do like the idea about minimizing the number of enemies that target them... not sure how effective it would be in prac...
by Konfuzius
13 Apr 2015, 17:54
Topic: Day of the Serious Destroyer - Difficulty Mod for MM8
Replies: 23
Views: 25144

Very good mod. I just finished my annual playthough of MM8 and because of your mod it took much longer than I anticipated. Foremost, it was the first half which I enjoyed the most. The battles were hard, gold was limited and you only had a narrow range of spells, I liked it a lot! It made you think ...
by Konfuzius
29 Mar 2015, 14:57
Topic: Who liked Ubisoft's M&M X?
Replies: 26
Views: 15368

I think it is alright. I think it is a very good game overall, but it feels more like a normal grid based rpg game set in the (Ashan, sigh) MM universe. I haven't finished it and I don't think I ever will, it simply doesn't give me the epic dungeon crawl experience I used to enjoy when playing other...
by Konfuzius
11 Mar 2015, 15:09
Topic: The Damage is Already Done
Replies: 258
Views: 281177

Galaad, I do realize we have the old Heroes cult here, but are you honestly saying H2 and H3 had the best visuals? My first game was Heroes 5, I like playing Heroes 6 and I even played Heroes 3 for a while and even I partially agree. I like the visuals of Heroes 6 but Heroes 3 and Heroes 2 really h...
by Konfuzius
06 Mar 2015, 15:43
Topic: MM8,5 - Echo of Destruction
Replies: 366
Views: 249331

Great stuff.

Really brings back the memories of fighting in giant castles and huge locations from MM6. Can't wait :).
by Konfuzius
22 Feb 2015, 23:51
Topic: H6 Shades of Darkness
Replies: 11
Views: 7491

Well, it's pretty much the original game plus Dungeon. If you like Dungeon, I think it is a great game, but if you don't like it, you can pretty much ignore it. I loved the way Dungeon plays and I think it is the most fleshed out faction in the game overall. I found Blood Magic to be the most reward...
by Konfuzius
20 Feb 2015, 12:28
Topic: H6 Shades of Darkness
Replies: 11
Views: 7491

nope, it's stand alone (I'm using it as stand alone as well btw.).
by Konfuzius
29 Jan 2015, 16:12
Topic: Sound Council - Which theme suits best its faction?
Replies: 33
Views: 22581

Banedon wrote:They all sound rather bad ... or at least not to my tastes :(
Exactly what I think too.
by Konfuzius
21 Jan 2015, 18:48
Topic: Factions line-up
Replies: 267
Views: 107057

Panda Tar wrote:
parcaleste wrote:Oh, man... purple... :hanged:
What's the problem with a 'no glowing' option, I ask? Void, dead, rotten, eerie, blunt, lifeless, opaque. Dunno, that's what I think of Necropolis should-be designs.
no matter what colour, people will always complain about necropolis...
by Konfuzius
23 Dec 2014, 16:55
Topic: MM7 multiplayer project
Replies: 18
Views: 13503

May I ask how the end result should look like? In MM, players don't have anything to represent them in the world. To monsters, you are just an invisible object. I think it's rather pointless to make a multiplayer when you cannot see other players. Are you going to make every player just play a singl...
by Konfuzius
17 Oct 2014, 15:43
Topic: Was the MM7 skill and magic system a good design decision?
Replies: 3
Views: 5139

Nice post. Ist was really interesting to read. I think that many of the points you mention are true and especially when it comes to the Thief, Monk and the Druid you are very right. That's how it should have been. Imo, skills are only worth it if you can at least have expert in them. so, why dont ma...

Go to advanced search