Replies: 328
Views: 96248

I said before, I will say it again:

All I wanted is an improved HOMM 5 with:

- better (and faster) AI,
- better (more customizable) random map generator,
- better balance,
- two hero classes per town (like HOMM 3),

Gimme that and I will buy it and play the **** out of it for years.
by Elias_Maluco
Nov 4 2009, 12:19
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Chests, what to choose?
Replies: 9
Views: 4408

Experience at the start when the hero is low level and Im not bankrupt, money otherwise.
by Elias_Maluco
Oct 5 2009, 15:48
Topic: Discussion of Racial Skills - ideas for improving in Heroes6
Replies: 4
Views: 2192

I think warcries would be balanced if we had at least one dispel-like warcry.

Everyone has magics to undo mean tricks like puppet, is very unfair to be the single one race that can only hope it fails.
by Elias_Maluco
Jul 31 2009, 18:28
Topic: Nicolai's fate *spoilers*
Replies: 93
Views: 21097

ThunderTitan wrote: You must be new to the internet....

Not really. You, however, seems to be spending too much time on it...
by Elias_Maluco
Jul 29 2009, 19:05
Topic: Nicolai's fate *spoilers*
Replies: 93
Views: 21097

Congrats to you both, thats got to be one of the nerdiest discussions Ive ever read. Keep up the good work!
by Elias_Maluco
Jul 15 2009, 17:14
Topic: Heroes 5 = broken
Replies: 11
Views: 3763

Without being impolite... ( Kalah --> :slap: <-- Elias_Maluco ) Ok, sorry. Im not normally that rude. But what reason someone would have to not download a patch just because is 100 MB? Even if he's using dial up (and I doubt it), is still possible to download it, only more painfull, and still less ...
by Elias_Maluco
Jul 15 2009, 15:03
Topic: Heroes 5 = broken
Replies: 11
Views: 3763

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you?

Just patch the damn game and quit whinning nonsense.
by Elias_Maluco
Jul 14 2009, 15:13
Topic: Gargoyles vs. Toxic Cloud
Replies: 13
Views: 3579

necro is weak and academy is strong nope I don't see it Well, I kind like the undead better. At least the necros have some spellpower, instead of an unnecessary huge amount of knowlegde. And necromancy and raise dead really helps early game. Academy has some good troops (and some not so good) and a...
by Elias_Maluco
Jul 7 2009, 17:40
Topic: Finally getting serious with Heroes V
Replies: 62
Views: 18443

That's why you shouldn't take Summoning in a MP game :D Light or Dark. Destructive if you're playing Dungeon. In a crucial battle spellpower is most interesting for Divine Vengeance, Puppet Master, Summon phoenix and all Destructive magic spells. And ocassionally Blind, Resurrection, Raise Dead, Ar...
by Elias_Maluco
Jul 6 2009, 15:38

@Eliase_Maluco - you take Leadership ?? Of all attributes you pick the one that does not affect the Undead? 8| 8| Really?? I never knew that. Why it is even avaliable to the undead then? You do get Herald of Death through leadership, but that doesn't seem worth it. Perhaps it's allowed so the hero ...
by Elias_Maluco
Jul 6 2009, 13:57

Banedon wrote:@Eliase_Maluco - you take Leadership?? Of all attributes you pick the one that does not affect the Undead? 8| 8|

Really?? I never knew that. Why it is even avaliable to the undead then?
by Elias_Maluco
Jul 6 2009, 13:55
Topic: In Regards to Maps
Replies: 16
Views: 17574

And once you get done with the official stuff, go to:

http://www.maps4heroes.com/
by Elias_Maluco
Jul 2 2009, 17:17

Most of the times I play undead I also gather an incredible amount of archers fast, simply due to necromancy. If you get lucky on the neutrals and get the upgrade early, is very easy to accumulate archers. They are great early game, but will die too easily and make too little damage later. But with ...
by Elias_Maluco
Jul 1 2009, 23:39
Topic: Im getting my butt kicked!
Replies: 9
Views: 3485

Re: Im getting my butt kicked!

Hi all. Im new and a complete scrub to this game but so far im loving it. I Picked the game up a couple days ago off steam and have gotten through exactly two of the campaigns but im really getting my butt spanked by the AI. The sad part is i even have it set to easy! Wtf! I start out trying to pic...
by Elias_Maluco
Jun 25 2009, 16:30
Topic: Inferno Strategy Thread
Replies: 48
Views: 12742

The secondary skills are nice, but to waste an slot on a skill that would be virtually useless just because some cool secondary skills? Not worth it. Better go with Dark, which is always useful even if you got low spellpower. And you get some good secondary skills too, like suffering strike and corr...
by Elias_Maluco
Jun 24 2009, 23:10
Topic: It's lame how spell Books don't help at the Arcane Library
Replies: 6
Views: 3086

I dont get it. If you got the tome, you dont need to buy the spell.

Tomes are like scrolls: while you have then, you can cast spells you are not supposed to be able to cast. Arcane Libraries are exactly like Mage Guilds, except not free.
by Elias_Maluco
Jun 24 2009, 18:32
Topic: Inferno Strategy Thread
Replies: 48
Views: 12742

Yeah, their spellpower is way too low for destructive spells. You might argue is useful for the skills, but is not worth a slot, IMHO.

With the demonlords, I always go for: Enlightment, Leadership or Attack or War Machines, Luck, Dark Magic and Logistics.
by Elias_Maluco
Jun 22 2009, 13:37

also: how to win with fortess 1. Use runes 2. Win everything True. Just play your runes well and own every battle. And by the way, it will not ruin your economy unless you overdo it at the start of the game. Same goes for artificier, but runes are much cheaper and later you wont have to care about ...
by Elias_Maluco
Jun 18 2009, 19:54
Topic: Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)
Replies: 328
Views: 96248

I would be pretty happy with a revamped HOMM 5 with: - real AI, one that can be moderately effective and play fast, not one that takes 5 minutes to be stupid as a brick. - higher zoom out or some kind of 2D world map option. - two hero classes for each faction, like in HOMM 3. - no more random skill...

Go to advanced search