Search found 30 matches

by JackintheMox
Dec 2 2010, 2:53
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HOMM 4: Might Campaign, it's very hard!
Replies: 15
Views: 9452

I don't recall that particular one campaign to be hard; unfortunately, I don't have HOMM IV installed anymore. If I can find time, I may reinstall and produce a video for you. Either that, or perhaps someone else on these forums could do the same, at least the beginning few weeks to give you an idea...
by JackintheMox
Nov 15 2010, 0:35
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Quick ultimate question
Replies: 3
Views: 1809

I agree that odds may have been against me for that particular level up but not for the entire time that those skill levels were available to me. It seems extraordinarily unlucky that I was never offered those two skills, one being available for 20+ levels and the other for at least 10-15 levels. I ...
by JackintheMox
Nov 14 2010, 23:06
Topic: Quick ultimate question
Views: 1809

Quick ultimate question

I don't play a lot of HOMM V but I've started playing a bit more recently (TOTE). I've been playing some very large random games against the computer using Sylvan and Wyngaal and have a question about his opportunity to get the ultimate Sylvan skill, namely that I can't get it offered to me. In the ...
by JackintheMox
Feb 12 2010, 15:04
Topic: Heroes III keeps crashing in Windows 7
Replies: 73
Views: 87101

Though for some games that's necessary, for example, Win7 seems to have strange EAX handling that it doesn't take the place you're standing in into account for some odd reason, so I'll have to make my dual boot into a triple boot rather soon I guess. A little off-topic, but what do you mean by &quo...
by JackintheMox
Dec 23 2009, 18:46
Topic: Newb questions
Replies: 11
Views: 3310

Town Portal in HOMMIII was vastly overpowered, I also prefer the HOMMV version more, limiting you to the closest town. Once you got the ability to move to any town you owned, it really took away from the strategy of having to defend multiple areas at the same time. In WoG, I play with spells such as...
by JackintheMox
Dec 6 2009, 2:55
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Vista?
Replies: 7
Views: 3739

Yes, WoG has no issues running on Vista, at least none that I have ever experienced.
by JackintheMox
Oct 25 2009, 12:06
Topic: Hero stuck in an endless loop?
Replies: 6
Views: 2067

Yes, this used to happen to me semi-regularly. There has been a few times that the AI finally decided to do something else after starting one of the loops but I have elected to just quit and load on others. Are you playing a campaign or scenario? I don't recall this happening during a campaign, just...
by JackintheMox
Aug 31 2009, 23:51
Topic: Question about WOG
Replies: 22
Views: 7136

WoG is great fun and can be deliciously challenging (i.e. Neutral Bonuses, Neutral Stack Size, and Neutral Stack Experience). I do find myself disabling quite a few of the buildings that normally come along with it but there's plenty of added content that I really dig and keep enabled. I especially ...
by JackintheMox
Jul 17 2009, 0:46
Topic: Which game to play <tell me what you would do!>?
Replies: 31
Views: 7365

I may be biased <:) but I'd recommend HOMM 3. It is the game in the HOMM series that hooked me more so than any other game and I think it stands head and shoulders above 4 and 5. 2 is also an excellent game, so I would certainly recommend 2 or 3 as the first you play. If you do choose 3, be sure to ...
by JackintheMox
Jun 24 2009, 23:03
Topic: Random Map Generator heroes III bugged???
Replies: 4
Views: 2611

Not that I'm aware of, but again, I don't run into this problem much and I play a lot of random maps. Not sure what the problem is with the maps you are generating :/

Hopefully, someone can post the challenging templates that I unfortunately deleted while reformatting, since we're on this topic.
by JackintheMox
Jun 22 2009, 22:17
Topic: Heroes III: how would you rank the towns?
Replies: 87
Views: 76857

I'd never had problems beating Conflux ... I'm surprised people are calling it the best town...there are many not so good players there...so yes you can get spells easy (well u need luck also) and another player can disable spells aswell... I love Rampart and my friend likes Tower , but we play XL ...
by JackintheMox
Jun 22 2009, 22:12
Topic: Random Map Generator heroes III bugged???
Replies: 4
Views: 2611

I've created plenty of maps with just surface, no underground. Some maps do occasionally create landlocked areas, although it is not common. Sounds like you've had bad luck. How many tests have you tried, just two? Try a few more, perhaps it is a template problem. There are a few great templates whi...
by JackintheMox
May 27 2009, 2:47
Topic: I got that cd bundle with III and IV,IV wont run on vista 64
Replies: 20
Views: 2867

Well, just tried Heroes IV with SP2, no go. This is bad news, it seems that windows 7 may be the only near term hope for Heroes IV to run on the new OS's. If that ends up being incompatible then this could be the beginning of the end for H-IV. :S Simple solution, get yourself VMWare and download an...
by JackintheMox
May 22 2009, 23:41
Topic: Can't delete maps in profile in Vista Ultimate
Replies: 9
Views: 4532

Heroes V was released on May 24th 2006, having been in development for a period of 2-3 years (possible start Oct. 2003; official announcement March 30th 2005). The official announcement of Windows Vista was on July 22th 2005, and development not completed before Nov. 2006. Being a new platform, it ...
by JackintheMox
May 8 2009, 21:38
Topic: I need help how to reverse-engineer EXE files - assembly
Views: 2957

I know this post is a bit old but if you are still looking, I'd recommend becoming familiar with IDA Pro (http://www.hex-rays.com/idapro/) and the Windows Debugger and/or GDB to set breakpoints. I haven't reverse engineered any parts of Heroes 3 but I have done reverse engineering with malicious exe...
by JackintheMox
Dec 22 2008, 16:47
Topic: In what map can i find crystal dragons ?
Replies: 8
Views: 6267

There are also Rust Dragons and Faerie Dragons in the SoD expansion. Rust and Crystal are close to the same footing, Faerie being a bit weaker.
by JackintheMox
Nov 13 2008, 3:11
Topic: Creating a NEW Heroes game!
Replies: 26
Views: 3110

With all that said, my advice is to learn programming. Start with Python or Java . Take a programming course or two at school if you're still in school. Go read books about programming. I would advise starting with the basics and start with C and work your way up. Object Oriented Programming is a l...
by JackintheMox
Oct 15 2008, 17:07
Topic: [Poll]Strongest town excluding Conflux
Replies: 73
Views: 24670

I'm going to take the road less traveled and say Necropolis. Given time, this is the most powerful town, due to sheer numbers. Units immune to some spells, contains a level 5 guild, and a powerful level 6 unit that acts as though it is a mini level 7 unit, it can be a handful late game if given enou...
by JackintheMox
Aug 26 2008, 21:39
Topic: Mega Dragon Evolution
Replies: 30
Views: 8503

I really love the blue of the Azure Dragon but uses the same bland model as the Crystal and Rust Dragons. I have to go with the Mega Dragon for detail and overall quality of the model, followed closely by the Azure and the H1 Dragon. I would have liked to have seen the Fairie Dragon from HIV on here...
by JackintheMox
Aug 20 2008, 21:19
Topic: Heroes II Multiplayer Hamachi
Replies: 7
Views: 2291

Aww dang....play H3 on Hamachi?

Go to advanced search