Search found 803 matches

by Tress
01 Dec 2023, 18:40
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Harmondale lore: HoMM3 Contested lands vs. MM7
Replies: 12
Views: 3941

Re: Harmondale lore: HoMM3 Contested lands vs. MM7

it can be argued that area or larger area is Welnin, but the town we "start" in is certainly town of Harmondale and by refference whole area is named as such same as lets say blackshire although outskirts of it arent really town , otherwise it wouldnt be written on the signpost. It would b...
by Tress
30 Nov 2023, 20:29

Considering pretty much only reference is cathedrals name if i am not wrong , thats not really a huge thing to say this for certain.Also at no point its said that harmondale is part of this free area. There might as well be another town 50 km away that's center of this. Lets say there is town that p...
by Tress
30 Nov 2023, 07:55

Consistency between games aren't really that high. So its not really productive to think of MM 7 as first person homm3. As much as people trash Ubi they try to keep those sort of things consistent in their games, but back when MM7 came out such cross game consistency was kinda new thing so dont thin...
by Tress
20 Nov 2023, 12:42
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Replies: 11
Views: 5029

Re: WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down

I am wondering about the conflux part. When cracked version started to appear, didnt it had all the stuff unlocked and accesible? Since i didnt took too much intrest in homm 6 until SOD came out , but i can swear i seen the game unlocked, so that made me wonder if really there cant be simple offline...
by Tress
18 Nov 2023, 20:21
Topic: Armageddon spell: is it broken? How would you change it?
Views: 3273

Re: Armageddon spell: is it broken? How would you change it?

Is that AI generated response? Anyway as for armaggedon - who cares, outdoor map clearing by that level hardly is ever issue aside for some speedruning stuff. If exploit of "waiting" and monsters not regenerating is removed it doesnt really matter that much. Either monsters are too weak to...
by Tress
26 Oct 2020, 13:38
Topic: Question about copyright
Replies: 6
Views: 3132

Re: Question about copyright

Depends on project type. Usually making engine remake or addon doesn't ring any bells, as you can see from tons of projects that do it. Once money is involved which is more than donation to keep site up, i guess there is a lot of legal issues, which probably will be way too much to deal for, for a f...
by Tress
17 Aug 2020, 10:47
Topic: A new (upcoming) interview with Tim Lang!
Replies: 17
Views: 9416

Re: A new (upcoming) interview with Tim Lang!

Some come to mind 1) Was there any outlines of MM 10 during or after of mm9 development cycle. 2) After MM8 was finished , was there any other story concepts for MM9 , like continue in old universe rather than Axeoth. How was decision to switch setting made. 2.1) Probably Homm related question but w...
by Tress
14 Apr 2020, 13:42
Topic: MM7 - WORST team compo?
Replies: 30
Views: 17301

Re: MM7 - WORST team compo?

Slow? I've never found any use of this spell.. Why it's any good? Its not bad spell, aside from fact that no one takes earth magic :D , and it is surpassed by something more useful down the line, but that happens with most low lvl spells anyway. In mm8 it of course you can use dark grasp which puts...
by Tress
06 Apr 2020, 13:38
Topic: Which graphics/artwork do you like the best? (MM6 - MM8)
Views: 7691

Re: Which graphics/artwork do you like the best? (MM6 - MM8)

No doubt 7. MM6 look too modern and dungeons seem bit too similar and grim. Mm7 have way better design even if everything is smaller. MM8 look bit empty in general, though custom models like troll or mintaur with their special amor look are cool - NPC Portraits MM7 hands down. MM6 seem really out of...
by Tress
03 Apr 2020, 07:12
Topic: Might and Magic 9 Abbot Leffery Caid bug?
Replies: 3
Views: 2744

Re: Might and Magic 9 Abbot Leffery Caid bug?

Yea, the quest is buged. Minisave deleting should help though, did you left area before deleting them ?
by Tress
27 Mar 2020, 12:43
Topic: MM7 - WORST team compo?
Replies: 30
Views: 17301

Re: MM7 - WORST team compo?

Knight Paladin Monk Ranger. This way there is no GM magic of any kind, very little light magic (even though paralysis can carry game alone), no decent disarm skill . Almost no variation of elemental magic, thus no fly or tp for forseeable time. Healing also is kinda weak since paladin is only one wi...
by Tress
14 Feb 2020, 10:58
Topic: Is Armor Worth It? Interesting Numbers
Replies: 19
Views: 15391

Re: Is Armor Worth It? Interesting Numbers

Speaker For The Dead isn't a MM6 Monster. Keep in mind, I'm talking about MM6. Okay; I did some testing, and here's an oddity: It looks like anything with a *ranged* non-physical auto-attack ignores Armor Class entirely. *Druid* enemies will hit you at 100% no matter your armor class. However, go f...
by Tress
08 Feb 2020, 09:39

Since one can have both armor and resistances, I'm not sure why it matters that archers will eventually cast fireball on you. That's like arguing that fire resistance is worthless because some enemies use cold or lightning attacks. Going back to that "Few more rounds" idea, that's the who...
by Tress
07 Feb 2020, 13:22

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one. Not getting hit an extra 20-30% is *huge*. In a online game or pvp without doubt , but i mm auto attacks from monster are far from most dangers you encounter. Sure there happens to be sweet spot where it matters , but lets quickly take example o...
by Tress
05 Feb 2020, 08:15

I may be wrong in my calculations below but what i feel is that armor skill in general is not worth too much aside from benefits that skills give like flat damage reduction of plate/chain or recovery rate elimination, i think main benefit is reduced recovery time. Extra armor class is not that much,...
by Tress
09 Sep 2019, 07:24
Topic: 3DO downfall - Might and Magic sold copies? Any connection?
Replies: 10
Views: 7259

Re: 3DO downfall - Might and Magic sold copies? Any connection?

combined sales of Mandate Heaven and For Blood and Honor should be over a million units. Sounds about plausible. Considering we are operating with highly extrapolated numbers, there can be serious margins of error in this calculation , but I wouldn't be surprised if they wouldn't be that far off. S...
by Tress
08 Sep 2019, 13:51

Thank you for this! Back in the day 4 million was not something to scoff at. This is including old mm's as well as HOMM which objectively is one of most landmark games on PC specially during that time. I guess good portion is homm1/2 which was before NWC was affiliated with 3do. Also including some...
by Tress
28 Aug 2019, 11:13

Sad to hear, I would really like to see how NWC would fare these days in the market. Blobber RPG's are dead, nobody makes them like NWC used to (realtime, open world etc), or the Heroes series. Pretty much after wizardry 8 there isnt any to name of . MMX was ok but its not really a full game, it wa...
by Tress
26 Aug 2019, 13:50

I was wondering if Might & Magic and Heroes sales was connected to 3DO going bankrupt, I know 3DO made stupid decisions (with the console, making bad games etc) but NWC was making almost the same game for years (MM6-7-8), and Heroes 3 with the Chronicles. Did heroes games sold better than MM? I...
by Tress
22 Apr 2019, 07:37
Topic: MM6-MM8 Turn-Based Fights Only
Replies: 6
Views: 4752

Re: MM6-MM8 Turn-Based Fights Only

Also, during my fight with the Terminator Units - their eradication ability triggered a lot, so I made sure to fight them during 5 AM to 6AM or 8PM to 9PM so I could cast Divine Intervention. I then went over to Hermit's Isle and touched the Rejuvenation well if my age got too high to the point it ...

Go to advanced search