Search found 760 matches

by Tress
Nov 16 2018, 8:34
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM8 Audio Problems (NOT music)
Replies: 4
Views: 373

Re: MM8 Audio Problems (NOT music)

I think that's how its always been, when voice line is given over loading. Dont think there is too much of a way to fix aside of fan made patches. Dont think that is that much of an issue though as you generally travel by those means maybe 10-20 times per play through.
by Tress
Nov 14 2018, 9:59
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Hardest game you have ever played
Replies: 75
Views: 19477

Re: Hardest game you have ever played

Kinda felt that wizardry 8 had extremely high difficulty curve ,specially at the beginning. Even on easy its not that easy, specially compared to other RPG of that time like MM or morrowind which were extremely easy in comparison. As for MM:X - gotta agree, game can be extremely difficult at time ev...
by Tress
Nov 14 2018, 9:51
Topic: New Sorpigal Unreal Engine 4
Replies: 32
Views: 4247

Re: New Sorpigal Unreal Engine 4

Really looks great, kinda captures the feel of original. Kinda feel bad such tools as UE and Unity were not so readily available when there was momentum for fan made games. Of course recreating something of such scale even with tools would take years and dedication(think its one of things that kille...
by Tress
Feb 23 2018, 8:06
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Restoration of Erathia campaigns question (Minor Spoilers!)
Replies: 3
Views: 594

Re: Restoration of Erathia campaigns question (Minor Spoilers!)

Yes, you can only chose from one of the mission. Logically that would be from dungeon mission as inferno can be finished way before you can raise heroes to any decent level. Also dungeon in general is nicde to play, but in the end there is no need for 8 heroes. Even 2 decent heroes is more than enou...
by Tress
Feb 8 2018, 9:21
Forum: News
Topic: Interview with Tim Lang
Replies: 61
Views: 8547

Re: Interview with Tim Lang

In case we can still add questions. 1) Can Tim elaborate what was extent of of his involvement in each MM game. So did it varied from mm6-9 and to what extent. 2) What projects are working currently on , as company web site is bit out of date. Also it was mentioned that there will be project that wi...
by Tress
Nov 6 2017, 8:55
Topic: MM7 -- Revised Opinion On GM Body Magic
Replies: 10
Views: 2028

Re: MM7 -- Revised Opinion On GM Body Magic

@Tress: That's what I used to think, too. But sufficiently high levels of Body Magic (Body Resistance) lower the chances of getting instakilled to the point where you can keep up with it if you play carefully (i.e. don't take on three Blood Titans at once). I still had people getting killed, but my...
by Tress
Oct 26 2017, 7:38
Topic: MM7 -- Revised Opinion On GM Body Magic
Replies: 10
Views: 2028

Re: MM7 -- Revised Opinion On GM Body Magic

Well in my experience GM body is one thing that makes game more or less frustrating . If enemy can instantly terminate you then you basically need to avoid getting shot, which no doubt is MUCH harder, so if you are not "cheesing" enemies then GM is a must. Of course with A or P in team you...
by Tress
Sep 25 2017, 10:11
Topic: Children of the Void: Project Update December 1st, 2012
Replies: 14
Views: 5521

Re: Children of the Void: Project Update December 1st, 2012

Well its understandable that MM community is dwindling, as game that created it came 20 (almost) years (mm6). I also hope remake mod will make it and it has good chances in my opinion. In other fan games (MMT/WOX2 etc )scale they try is simply unbearable to internet recruited team, as well as people...
by Tress
Sep 22 2017, 13:27
Topic: Children of the Void: Project Update December 1st, 2012
Views: 5521

Re: Children of the Void: Project Update December 1st, 2012

So, did this project die like the others? Unfortunately yes. Most fan project require much larger manpower than is available. That is why many indie game look retro like, because its more realistic to create them with limited resources. No offense to people that placed their time into such a projec...
by Tress
May 24 2017, 7:34
Forum: Creature Quest
Topic: Battle of the bards quest Very hard?!
Replies: 4
Views: 1067

Re: Battle of the bards quest Very hard?!

Well boss fights always and specially at start will be MUCH harder than most of other encounters in quest. This is specially visible in in grand wish quests where boss was simply unkillable by my team when i started playing . On other hand you should not be afraid to use crystals to ressurect once o...
by Tress
Mar 25 2017, 22:06
Topic: Might and Magic: Elemental Guardians
Views: 4728

Re: Might and Magic: Elemental Guardians

Also it is a mistake to think 2 dots creatures are useless, fully awakened and boosted ones are fairly effective in dungeon defense, not to mention in single-play. Sure they are not that much worse, but honestly, would you awaken 2 dot epic creature or consider that a waste ? All in all that limits...
by Tress
Mar 25 2017, 20:46

And the Treant is not useless lol Ofc no, its ability is extremely good. Just I have 1 and with 2 dots only which i am reluctant to invest in, especially that i already use setup with 2 greens- drake and hulk. In fact i only have 1 4 dot creature at all which is common quality., and i have summoned...
by Tress
Mar 25 2017, 14:52

Dude, really, get out from dungeon once in a while and check the event quests, you can always get an Epic and farm the dupes. These are the ones we had in so far and it keeps on going and cycling. Usually you even have both ongoing at once, one cycling and one new. I am aware of events, then again ...
by Tress
Mar 25 2017, 14:07

In PvP I agree but not for the rest. P2W in pvp i P2W in its worst form, period., specially if there is rewards in question. That's just not true, did you even try to use your tokens for epic chests? There is 20-40 diamonds out of it quite often. And there is all these occasional things on the adve...
by Tress
Mar 25 2017, 12:42

The only difference with the spenders is they get (the big) creatures faster, even the real money bundles can't be purchased more than a few times, as a prevention for P2W players to win all the time Boss creatures are MUST to progress, and they are purely luck based to be acquired. And i have seen...
by Tress
Mar 24 2017, 14:24

Even though i am addicted to CQ, (tried to drop it once but got pulled back in when managed to get boss creature) , CQ is extremly pay to win which along with some other mechanics damages game a bit. So if ubi would come with better alternative I am all for it.
by Tress
Feb 3 2017, 8:26
Forum: Articles
Topic: Interview with Jon Van Caneghem
Replies: 21
Views: 11194

Re: Interview with Jon Van Caneghem

I am glad that JVC finally found a place where he can finally create game with some of his vision. Making MMORPG in age of WOW ,which he did in Trion, is dead cause since it will 90 % be wow clone which will never amount to much. I actually tried creature quest and for mobile game it is very fun and...
by Tress
Nov 10 2016, 10:31
Topic: Starting a solo MM9 game
Replies: 17
Views: 2927

Re: Starting a solo MM9 game

Yes, despite whats said in description, you can spam DI. There is also no age in MM9 so no restriction to use it at all. So all in all , its pretty much trivialization of game if used that way.
by Tress
Nov 6 2016, 13:47
Topic: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?
Replies: 64
Views: 11335

Re: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?

The only thing making it prettier is resolution. The graphics were brilliant from the get-go. You can't say that for 2008 3D games. You can't just up the resolution to make them look good. GTA IV which came out less than a decade ago, already looks dated. Not really games that come out last 10 year...
by Tress
Nov 5 2016, 17:12
Topic: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?
Replies: 64
Views: 11335

Re: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?

Regarding mm9 , thats quality issue. If game would look like nolf 2 (almost same engine, ok bit differet but still, avp 2 would be same), i would praise the game from that perspective. As for predrawn - only partially true . With 3d we can freely look from any perspective at will. Predrawn - only dr...

Go to advanced search