Search found 205 matches

by JSE
Nov 15 2020, 22:46
Forum: News
Topic: In memory of Docent Picolan - A Hero of Might and Magic
Replies: 3
Views: 1078

Re: In memory of Docent Picolan - A Hero of Might and Magic

Very sad. I have to admit that I've never played Horn of the Abyss (being a "vanilla" gamer), but the visuals look absolutely fantastic. Docent Picolan seems to have been a highly talented person. My condolences to everyone who knew him.
by JSE
Nov 9 2020, 0:23
Topic: Last call for Questions for Songs of Conquest creators Lava Potion, plus a correction
Replies: 4
Views: 411

Re: Last call for Questions for Songs of Conquest creators Lava Potion, plus a correction

@BB Shockwave: Lava Potion is a small Swedish team of indie game developers. They have nothing to do with the Heroes franchise except for apparently being fans themselves. Likewise, Songs of Conquest is not related to Heroes even though it is obviously very heavily inspired by it. --- @MadMax: Here ...
by JSE
Nov 1 2020, 18:54
Topic: Part 2 Michael Wolf (Level Designer) on Heroes of Might and Magic 3 The Forge, HoTA and more.
Views: 431

Re: Part 2 Michael Wolf (Level Designer) on Heroes of Might and Magic 3 The Forge, HoTA and more.

Mhh, okay. I thought I watched the first part carefully enough -- but maybe I didn't? I was particularly interested in the question of whether the NWC mapmakers typically started with a sketch and notes on paper or instead went for the editor right away. As far as I remember, this question didn't co...
by JSE
Oct 30 2020, 15:30
Topic: Part 2 Michael Wolf (Level Designer) on Heroes of Might and Magic 3 The Forge, HoTA and more.
Views: 431

Re: Part 2 Michael Wolf (Level Designer) on Heroes of Might and Magic 3 The Forge, HoTA and more.

Very nice that we finally get to see part 2! I like this one even better for the interesting curios. Good job! I'm just a tiny bit disappointed that our (the CH users') questions didn't make it into the interview. I mean we're getting plenty of interesting information as it is -- so it's not really ...
by JSE
Oct 8 2020, 21:59
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: CH Interview with Michael Wolf
Views: 689

Re: CH Interview with Michael Wolf

• What was your general approach when designing scenarios or campaigns for Heroes 3? Did you usually plan the map out beforehand and make sketches on paper, or did you immediately go to the editor and designed the map as you went along. • How much playtesting did you (the whole NWC team) do for the ...
by JSE
Sep 17 2020, 15:58
Topic: M&M: Dynasty Tweeted
Replies: 13
Views: 1104

Re: M&M: Dynasty Tweeted

Although I just watched a video of it and it doesn't look half bad.. kind of impressed actually.. Okay... I can understand that from a purely technical standpoint. The graphics are quite good for a mobile game. As for everything else, though, the videos confirm what I had feared: Dynasty looks exac...
by JSE
Sep 15 2020, 20:09
Topic: Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News
Replies: 6
Views: 697

Re: Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News

Wow! As much as I liked the first part, the second one is even more energetic. :) We learn a couple of really interesting details about NWC's plans for M&M 10 (which were news to me at least), and there is some controversial stuff in there as well -- like Tim's views on the Ubi era M&M games...
by JSE
Sep 12 2020, 3:07
Topic: Tim Lang on Aeolwyn's Legacy and Game Design (Celestial Heavens Interview)
Replies: 5
Views: 921

Re: Tim Lang on Aeolwyn's Legacy and Game Design (Celestial Heavens Interview)

Yep, really cool first interview. Please keep them coming. :tsup:
by JSE
Sep 12 2020, 3:03
Topic: M&M: Dynasty Tweeted
Replies: 13
Views: 1104

Re: M&M: Dynasty Tweeted

Oh boy... Another mobile game set on Ashan...

As long as these two words remain in the description of an M&M game, we know it probably won't be good.

What a terrible fate for the once greatest franchise in the history of computer gaming... :(
by JSE
Sep 5 2020, 5:49
Topic: Fanstratics - A first Newsletter!
Replies: 16
Views: 2291

Re: Fanstratics - A first Newsletter!

I also like the "storybook" art style of Heroes 2 very much. It was original and independent and was a great match for the gameplay and overall design. But I can understand the decision of the Heroes 3 leads to go for a more established and typical fantasy art style. It made the series int...
by JSE
Sep 4 2020, 1:47

In terms of art style, I *do* hope that Fanstratics will look quite a bit like Heroes 3. Elmorian fantasy was and still is the way to go. The art of the Ubi era has shown us in a painfully clear way what comic book, manga, and heavy Warcraft influences can lead to. Even the 5th edition of D&D --...
by JSE
Sep 3 2020, 5:06

As we are not likely to see a "true" successor to Heroes 3 and 4 using the official license, this project is our best hope. Greg Fulton did a great job with Heroes 3, it's *one* of the best games ever made -- so this might actually work out. :) Even though Greg defends the name choice, I s...
by JSE
Aug 31 2020, 1:33
Topic: Celestial Heavens YouTube Channel
Views: 577

Re: Celestial Heavens YouTube Channel

Fantastic. An interview with Paul Romero and/or Rob King would be great, too. The only reason I didn't mention them is because they're basically the only people left of the original team who have worked on the more recent games. And I'm looking forward to the one that's already planned. I think I fo...
by JSE
Aug 29 2020, 20:49
Topic: Celestial Heavens YouTube Channel
Views: 577

Re: Celestial Heavens YouTube Channel

Really cool video! The dragon looks impressive! I would like to see video interviews with key developers of the original series (Heroes 1-4 and M&M 1-9): JVC, Greg Fulton, Keith Francart, James Dickinson, Bryan Farina, Tim Lang, Paul Rattner, some of the amazing artists etc. We've had these sort...
by JSE
Nov 9 2018, 10:33
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Interview with Paul Anthony Romero (Team Masters of Sighisoara)
Replies: 7
Views: 3317

Re: Interview with Paul Anthony Romero (Team Masters of Sighisoara)

• What do you think about the heavy Irish folk element in Heroes 4's adventure themes? Do they set the right tone/atmosphere for the game?
by JSE
Mar 29 2018, 15:23
Topic: Interview with Tim Lang
Replies: 61
Views: 18493

Re: Interview with Tim Lang

No problem, I can wait. I'm just happy to know that the other parts will be coming eventually.
by JSE
Mar 27 2018, 7:44

Really looking forward to part 2... :)
by JSE
Mar 11 2018, 15:57

Wow! I'm going to watch it right now. Thanks!
by JSE
Mar 9 2018, 15:41

Any news on the interview? I don't want to seem impatient, I'm just looking forward to it. :)

Go to advanced search