Search found 4210 matches

by Corribus
14 Jun 2013, 00:04
Forum: Campfire
Topic: What are you currently reading?
Replies: 618
Views: 205275

Wimfrits, I'm not sure how you feel about historical fiction but if you have any chance to pick up anything by Gary Jennings, I am sure you will enjoy it. He is dead and many of his books are out of print, so you may have to cruise the used books stores, but it'll be well worth your time. One word o...
by Corribus
04 Jan 2013, 23:47
Topic: America ist wunderbar
Replies: 9
Views: 7062

Niagara Falls is much better on the Canadian side, it's not a personal bias but a well-known fact. This is true. Also, a short drive up to Niagara on the Lake is well worth it. It's about 30-45 minutes as I recall. Beautiful little town and of course the lake's not too shabby either. Don't forget t...
by Corribus
04 Jan 2013, 02:52

You live in Chicago too, eh? Small world. I work in the city as well, although closer to Midway airport. My wife works about two blocks from the Hancock bldg though. Btw Pitsu if you're considering other sites than natural wonders, I'd suggest a trip to see Independence Hall in Philly - it's a World...
by Corribus
03 Jan 2013, 01:56

From your existing list, I take it you are most interested in nature places rather than sites of interest of the manmade variety? Most of the big national parks are in the west, but the east coast has beautiful areas as well. I would suggest: Hiking part of the Appalachian Trail. Fingerlakes (New Yo...
by Corribus
23 Dec 2012, 15:03
Topic: Rage of the Carrots 2012
Replies: 735
Views: 180997

invisible
by Corribus
18 Dec 2012, 02:41
Forum: News
Topic: What is Limbic working on?
Replies: 13
Views: 9271

Angelspit wrote:I'm all grown up now, decent job, two kids, but not enough time for games. :)
True that!

I tried really hard to get Fnord to come back to the Last Hope project, but he was like bubble gum stuck in hair: stubborn as hell! :)
by Corribus
18 Nov 2012, 00:12

Hi Wimfrits - Glad you liked them. I agree the lack of any map is very annoying and I know it's a common criticism. In The Heroes he finally does include a map, though it's only a map of the battle taking place (the whole novel is a single 3 day battle). Speaking of which, the stand alone books that...
by Corribus
31 Oct 2012, 21:46
Topic: Halloween
Replies: 28
Views: 12783

Halloween. My favorite holiday because I gets to eats all the yummy Trick-or-Treaters.

To quote the Om-Nom: "Om-Nom-Nom."
by Corribus
31 Oct 2012, 21:42
Topic: Disney buys Lucas Films
Replies: 11
Views: 8059

Well any new ones can't be WORSE than the last three, so I'm for it.
by Corribus
18 Oct 2012, 12:17
Forum: News
Topic: Poll: The Expansion
Replies: 23
Views: 12940

How are we supposed to come up with a suitable name if we don't know what the campaign's story is?
by Corribus
18 Oct 2012, 01:02
Topic: The Absence Thread II
Replies: 116
Views: 68907

Wow, all that time slips by and you're still nursing that wound. ;) Yeah, so, I suppose my views have matured but we'll leave it at that. Satisfied? :D Did get my degree (geez, what is it, almost seven years now?). Still trying to figure out what I really want to do with it, lol. Also have a wife an...
by Corribus
16 Oct 2012, 22:44
Topic: Welcome! Come and introduce yourself
Replies: 303
Views: 164992

Activity at HC seems higher for two reasons: WoG Off topic forums I suspect HC may have an edge with H6 talk because I think more of the insiders hang out there and because people are there anyway for off-topic talk. However RT definitely has the edge with discussion of the older games (with excepti...
by Corribus
01 Oct 2012, 23:05

Mr. Watkins, been ages! How you been? Ever give WoG a try??
by Corribus
26 Sep 2012, 20:15

Funny you should mention it - I started Prince of Nothing last night. :) Not far enough into it obviously to have an opinion. Engineer Trilogy isn't your typical fantasy in that there isn't really much magic to speak of, but there was enough sword slinging to keep me intereted. Definitely a slower, ...
by Corribus
18 Sep 2012, 23:05
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Timothy Duncan's Heroes 2 Maps and Agent of Heaven Campaign
Replies: 38
Views: 36014

Hard to rate your own maps since you know the tricks. I'd say they tend to be difficult, but not unfairly so. My H2 maps were probably more consistent in difficult, around hard level. H3 maps were more complex and so difficulty varies. Goldheart isn't very difficult as long as you don't languish ear...
by Corribus
15 Sep 2012, 04:40

My greatest contribution to the board, damned now to languish in obscurity 'til the end of time! O curse thee, Qqd! Thou hath torn heart from breast and stamped thy foot upon it 'til it is but thin red gruel upon the trodden earth! :(
by Corribus
08 Sep 2012, 22:30
Topic: The Random Pictures thread
Replies: 361
Views: 116653

Kalah wrote: Ahhhh lazyness ... :D
Nothing can beat it. And even if something could, I'd be too lazy to try it out. ;)
by Corribus
08 Sep 2012, 04:10

Actually when I was there and the guy was showing me the apartment I was like, "There's no dishwasher here." And he said, "Are you kidding? Of course there is." And I'm like, "Well I don't see it." And he's like, "That's because your not looking - you have one of t...
by Corribus
07 Sep 2012, 22:43

Not criticizing, of course. In US everything is huge by comparison. !

Another thing that struck me about european apts was that (a) washing machines seem to very frequently be in the kitchen and (a) NO DISHWASHERS.

Crazy, that. ;)
by Corribus
07 Sep 2012, 22:41
Topic: Your Home Theater
Replies: 167
Views: 54407

Well obviously if it's designed for it, that's a different story.

I've seen a number of conventional units squished into tiny spaces and then people wonder why they burn out in just a few years. :)

Go to advanced search