Search found 29 matches

by LoneChinchilla
17 Oct 2007, 23:28
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Install and uninstall problems
Replies: 0
Views: 1248

Install and uninstall problems

Hi, I had HOF installed, and I tried to install Tribes over the top. The install hangs at 1%. So, I tried to uninstall HOF, and the uninstall hangs at 1%. Same for uninstalling the base game. Anyone know what is going on or how to work around? My OS is Vista--anyone else having trouble or success wi...
by LoneChinchilla
07 Mar 2007, 16:48
Topic: Does Inga's ability actually work?
Replies: 9
Views: 3816

Yeah, I leveled up the runemage skill. I also tried not leveling it up. Nothing worked.
by LoneChinchilla
06 Mar 2007, 23:26
Topic: Does Inga's ability actually work?
Views: 3816

Does Inga's ability actually work?

Inga is supposed to have a 25% chance of learning a new rune each time she levels up. But, I couldn't get this to work in a test scenario I built. No matter what I did (go to castle and learn runes first, don't go to castle, etc.), she never seemed to learn runes by levelling.
by LoneChinchilla
11 Jan 2007, 19:25
Topic: Neutrals' mood coefficient, and is diplomacy worthwhile?
Replies: 18
Views: 7891

Cardoc, Are you talking about the scouting or the silent stalker ability? Either way, could you write down the various descriptions you've seen? (According to the manual, silent stalker allows you to see the neutrals' courage, which is either 1. always fight, 2. always join, or 3. could do either. T...
by LoneChinchilla
11 Jan 2007, 17:59

Here's a way to get an idea of how useful diplomacy is. You can ask how often you get joiners without diplomacy, and then scale that number up. If we have passed the 1st role (regarding army strengths) we now have a chance at joiners, determined by a 2nd role. With agressive neutrals of random facti...
by LoneChinchilla
11 Jan 2007, 14:57

Thanks for the good thoughts, everyone.

And, does anyone know how the mood is determined (friendly, aggressive, etc.?)
by LoneChinchilla
11 Jan 2007, 03:38

Neutrals' mood coefficient, and is diplomacy worthwhile?

How is the creature "mood" determined? Is this like the "courage"--something set in the map? And, regardless of the answer to that...Is diplomacy worth much? For agressive neutrals, it looks to me like diplomacy (on average) allows your army to be 20% smaller before you enter the...
by LoneChinchilla
10 Jan 2007, 23:32
Topic: Neutral's "courage" status
Replies: 5
Views: 2189

So, it seems like Diplomacy is a pretty mediocre skill. It gives you something like a 30% bonus on initial categorization, and then if you find yourself in the might-fight might-join category, it gives a 10% effect. (Then a cheaper cost if they actually join for money). Overall, it seems like there ...
by LoneChinchilla
10 Jan 2007, 22:21
Topic: Neutral's "courage" status
Views: 2189

Neutral's "courage" status

From the manual:
"Courage decides if the creatures always fight (ALWAYS_FIGHT), always join (ALWAYS_JOIN) or if their behavior is more versatile (CAN_FLEE_JOIN)."

How is this variable determined? Does diplomacy have an effect?
by LoneChinchilla
10 Jan 2007, 15:03
Topic: What R the HOF Map names?
Views: 2980

Here are the multiplayer maps: Questing for Peace The Great Confrontation Treasure Hunters Disputed Island Trefoil Former Friends The Key to Victory The Town of Miracles Heroic Challenge Duel go to https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5413 for the filenames, in case you want to ed...
by LoneChinchilla
08 Jan 2007, 04:33
Topic: Town specializations
Replies: 7
Views: 2502

Inside the town, there is a button with a picture of a scroll, in the lower right. If I hover over it, I get the message "Town Info 'F'". If I click this button, I get a "Town Info" page with a "Biography". The "biography" is rather poetic; sometimes I can gue...
by LoneChinchilla
07 Jan 2007, 23:27

Yup, I mean the town bonus. But, I don't see any second tab in a relevant window. Can you tell me how to find it--maybe I'm just overlooking it...?
by LoneChinchilla
07 Jan 2007, 16:30

Town specializations

Is there a way to see what your town specialization is from within the game?
by LoneChinchilla
04 Jan 2007, 22:43
Topic: Units splti?
Views: 3607

Thanks. Very interesting!
by LoneChinchilla
04 Jan 2007, 00:12
Topic: Units splti?
Views: 3607

Is there any way to split troops during the pre-battle-setup-phase?
by LoneChinchilla
03 Jan 2007, 22:00
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Where are the HoF maps?
Replies: 1
Views: 2567

Huh, I found them. All you need for the HoF official maps is to extract the Maps folders from a1-data.pak and from a1-texts.pak, both found in the dataa1 folder. (Extract these into the same storage folder). Then follow the instructions in the above link to turn them into .h5m files. Here is a list ...
by LoneChinchilla
03 Jan 2007, 20:32
Topic: Where are the HoF maps?
Replies: 1
Views: 2567

Where are the HoF maps?

We know how to get the original Nival maps into .h5m format so that they can be edited (http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... sc&start=0).

But, what about the HoF Nival maps? I haven't been able to find the files.
by LoneChinchilla
03 Jan 2007, 19:58
Topic: Here are official H5 maps converted to .h5m
Replies: 48
Views: 44943

English Map Names

Here is an English list of the files for the original Nival maps: L1 = Seven Lakes/Blood Lakes L2 = Warlords L3 = Battle of the Sexes L4 = Rise to Power M1 = Mystic's Vale M2 = Allies M3 = Windrose M4 = Heritage M5 = Divided Loyalties M6 = Dragon Pass M7 = Master of the Seas M8 = Subterranean Treasu...
by LoneChinchilla
03 Jan 2007, 16:13
Topic: Here are official H5 maps converted to .h5m
Replies: 48
Views: 44943

OK, we got it! It looks like my problem had to do with my zip software. It seems that if you're not careful, your zip software does not preserve the folder structure. The map editor seems to need the zip file to have the entire Maps\Multiplayer\M10\ folder substructure intact. Details on the zip sof...

Go to advanced search