Search found 56 matches

by Arkas
07 Aug 2010, 04:09
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Things I would like to do, tell me if its possible.
Replies: 2
Views: 3910

I'm almost positive you can take their casting ability away, or use the spell hooks in battle to make them have a different effect.

You'd probably need to disable the Inn function, possibly capture the mouse event in the town screen and run a script to check the number of heroes the player has.
by Arkas
07 Aug 2010, 03:57
Topic: Using WOG to turn Homm3 into an RPG - Anyone interested?
Replies: 27
Views: 29387

Other ways to do what I've already done are kind of irrelevant, I used the only method that was available at the time. I was simply arguing that OB didn't work that way 2 years ago. Besides, I still wouldn't start over now regardless of how many nifty tools are available if I still had to do it all ...
by Arkas
06 Aug 2010, 11:53

@kryp2nite - I used OB extensively in my scripts, so I know how it works, thats what I used to allow the player to enter a building and be teleported into the underground. The problem with it is that it only allowed you to change the graphic into other objects. Monsters are NOT treated as objects, s...
by Arkas
06 Apr 2008, 18:10

I was going to get some more screenshots up, but here are some showing the first part of character creation: At this point, choosing a class only affects the cost of adding points to the Hero's primary stats, and the cost of spells. I may or may not get more detailed in the differences. I'd like to ...
by Arkas
01 Apr 2008, 20:58
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes III - New Saga!
Replies: 3
Views: 3368

@Tobius, There is help for scripting as well, and there is alot more you can do for an RPG style map with WOG than you can in SoD... Also, check my thread in the Wake of Gods forum here, and if you would like to use any of my scripts in your maps for WOG, you are welcome. I will not release them unt...
by Arkas
01 Apr 2008, 18:20

Last night I worked on a scaling system for pre-determined or special battles, and aside from some balance testing, it's working as intended now. This means that the game has ONLY ONE linear aspect, and that is the main plot line, which at this point does not hold the player back from exploring and ...
by Arkas
01 Apr 2008, 18:05
Topic: ERM for dummies
Replies: 43
Views: 102597

@Burdon, Any luck messing with Script 49? I know I'm a bit late in posting, but I can probably answer any question you have about the Henchman script.
by Arkas
31 Mar 2008, 18:01

Status Update: Tales of Erathia: Jester Average MisAdventure! (Working Title) This is essentially a Mod of a Mod, I've used ERM Scripting to change HOMMIII with WOG as much as possible into a CRPG. Sorry this has taken so long, it's almost a year now in the making, but it's all been done on my own (...
by Arkas
16 Dec 2007, 21:38

I did post the features I wanted :) Here are some more screens though... Mostly just works in progress: This image is how I've setup my Image replacement for my NPC's. I'm just about finished with it, but those are 18 of the NPC's that will inhabit the world. I've replaced the associated object (abo...
by Arkas
14 Dec 2007, 02:32

I'm still working on it... slowly but surely. I'll probably have more to show in the next month or two. I had a huge delima whether it should be released for 3.59 which may never end up being released, but has some very useful functionality added. Or with 3.58 which everyone already has... I decided...
by Arkas
07 Jul 2007, 01:47

Still working on this. Currently working towards a solution for the stack experience delima. Henchmen don't really exist outside of combat, they are created during the round 0. They are given stack experience at the beginning of every fight based on their level, and the dialog for stack experience i...
by Arkas
22 Jun 2007, 04:26

Well, I'm kind of split. I think some parts almost HAVE to be linear. Mostly the beginning. Maybe about 1/5th of an extra large map. The story hooks, first town, first 10-20ish quests etc... And the end will probably have to have some pre-requisite quests, to keep people from trying to go straight t...
by Arkas
21 Jun 2007, 21:47

Yeah, it will have to be just those 4. Of course, it's a map/mod, so some things can easily be changed. I'll be setting variables = to the creature numbers in the initialization script. That way if someone else wants to change them, they can. I will be trying very hard to make everything portable. T...
by Arkas
17 Jun 2007, 14:58

The 1st and 3rd screens probably, that has been done for a while and I posted similar ones to the group. The 2nd one is what I've spent the last few months doing. I couldn't get an object to look like a monster, and I couldn't get a monster to behave like an object. So I decided on some objects I co...
by Arkas
17 Jun 2007, 02:22

Here are some screenshots: The First one, just shows the basic Henchman Information Box, much like in Wog, however I accessed it by clicking on the 3rd troop slot. You'll also notice, that I do not have any troops. http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2531/screen001ik4.th.png In the second screenshot,...
by Arkas
17 Jun 2007, 00:18

Hrm... I'd have to look into the scripting behind that. I used Henchmen, because I can use MA to make them better as they level, I can (somewhat) custom design their UI, I can use stack experience for additional abilities. And they can have most other abilities any other monster can have. And I can ...
by Arkas
16 Jun 2007, 23:58

Discussion and feedback/ideas on concepts is helpful contribution too Pol :) Like for instance, I haven't decided if the Hero will be used as a character (spell caster obviously) or just there and useless as a level 1 hero through-out the game. The player will be able to pick which commander they wa...
by Arkas
16 Jun 2007, 20:45

Using WOG to turn Homm3 into an RPG - Anyone interested?

I've spent a few months learning ERM, playing with the LOD tools and testing things in a proof of concept map. Some features that are functional now, but will definitely grow over time: 1. No armies. Using a very heavily modified henchmen script, you can now have 7 henchmen, and they are accessed vi...
by Arkas
03 Dec 2006, 07:14
Topic: Sorceress Special Ability
Replies: 5
Views: 4114

You can allow a catapault outside of sieges!? Now I've heard everything. There's a wog script I usually have enabled that allows you to use the catapult like a ballista. I think it's one of the War Machine enhancement scripts, but it could be a different script I can't look for sure right now. Um, ...
by Arkas
03 Dec 2006, 02:09
Topic: Sorceress Special Ability
Replies: 5
Views: 4114

Well, I beleive AI Value in CRTRAITS.TXT is how the AI determines whether or not to use the particular creature, so perhaps it has something to do with Fight Value in the same file. I'm sure the AI takes special abilities and creature level into account as well. It's quite possible that blocking the...

Go to advanced search