Search found 34 matches

by ransomdl
09 May 2008, 14:20
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: [H5 EDITOR] Troubleshooting topic
Replies: 579
Views: 224835

rdeford, Thanks for the information. Far more than I expected, but greatly appreciated as I have already applied the use of some of your comments to trigger functions anywhere on the map and not necessarily with the function. I am still working on when to utilize "startThread" for certain ...
by ransomdl
05 May 2008, 14:16

rdeford, Thank you for the reply. Sometimes I struggle when adding a script to an existing script that already has a Trigger(NEW_DAY_TRIGGER) and I can't figure how to trigger a new function that works the same day every week when the Trigger(NEW_DAY_TRIGGER) has already been used for a different fu...
by ransomdl
30 Apr 2008, 15:06

rdeford,

The Scripting Guide references "startThread" comand to initiate a function as an alternative for a "Trigger" function. Can you write a Script function command anywhere in the Script and trigger the function with a "startThread" command?
by ransomdl
07 Apr 2008, 16:30

rdeford, After your response, I went back and set aanother copy of the original data.pak, text.pak, sound.pak and soundfx.pak files on a separate drive. After extracting each of the .pak files into seperate folders on the separate drive with winzip, as I have done with all previous versions of Heroe...
by ransomdl
02 Apr 2008, 15:49

@ ransomdl I did not ever use the procedure. Instead, I downloaded the maps from the site where they were posted. (I forget the location, but it's given in that thread where you got the procedure.) While I don't actually know the answer to your question, I suspect that the original map is still in ...
by ransomdl
01 Apr 2008, 16:27

TotE Map Editing

rdeford, Nov 08, 2007, Apocalypse responded to your posting for converting maps into .h5m format. The posting was a proceedure to change the profile of the editor_a1.cfg file and then,how to open the editor to view the original game maps. I have followed the process and have opened up the original m...
by ransomdl
18 Mar 2008, 14:28

rdeford, Thank you for your reply. I just downloaded Version 2.0 of the Scripting Guide and at first look, you have made a lot of changes that I am anxious to review, specifically the section on creating and referring to text files. The fans of Heroes MM V should be very greatfull for yours and Pits...
by ransomdl
18 Mar 2008, 01:04

rdeford, I was researching some of the scripts from the TotE maps and found this script function used and tried the concept in my own map script and it worked better than anything I had tried and it is pretty simple. Thought I would share it with you. function day3() if GetDate( DAY_OF_WEEK ) == 6 t...
by ransomdl
16 Mar 2008, 21:09

Pitsu, rdeford, Thank you both for your input. I corrected the Script as suggested and in testing the script, it worked properly. I have played with how to close the function with a given date and finally resolved this part of the script. Now I am working on a script function that will give resource...
by ransomdl
11 Mar 2008, 14:37

My fault, the first function should be: function days() day1(); day2(); end; Pitsu, Re-configured code to read as follows: function days() day1; day2; end; Trigger(NEW_DAY_TRIGGER, "days"); function day1() if GetDate( DAY_OF_WEEK ) == 3) then GiveExp("Shadwyn", 30000); Trigger(N...
by ransomdl
10 Mar 2008, 21:50

[quote="Pitsu"][quote="ransomdl"] ?[/quote] So I would suggest: [code] Trigger(NEW_DAY_TRIGGER, "days"); function days() day1; day2; end; function day1() if GetDate( DAY_OF_WEEK ) == 3 then GiveExp("Shadwyn", 30000); Trigger(NEW_DAY_TRIGGER, nil); end; end; fu...
by ransomdl
09 Mar 2008, 20:48

(rdeford quote) Try it and keep me posted. Don't worry about pestering me. It is one of my passions to have more people doing scripted H5 maps. My reward will be seeing you post a new map to the CH archives.[/quote] rdeford, I compledted two scripts on a map. If I only use the first one, the map is ...
by ransomdl
05 Mar 2008, 21:35

Re: trigger

[quote="Pitsu"][quote="ransomdl"] [color=blue]Actually, if i remember myself correctly the phoenixes and knights will be blocked, but you can teleport (instant travel) next to them. Once you do so, you have made your choice and the other stack disappears. Does it work for you not...
by ransomdl
05 Mar 2008, 17:00

Re: trigger

[quote="Pitsu"] [color=blue]Indeed you cannot have more than one trigger associated to an event. Whenever a new day starts or a hero is removed, an specified object is touched or any other event occurs two scripts may not run simultaneously. [/color] Pitsu, Downloaded your map "Ruinsi...
by ransomdl
27 Feb 2008, 21:00

rdeford, Hooray! It worked. Unbelievable how such a small thing like a space can make all the difference in the world for a programming operation. Thank you for staying patient with me. Hopefully, I will learn in my old age how to write some script that is useful. I have made maps and campaigns befo...
by ransomdl
27 Feb 2008, 17:14

rdeford, I agree, this is becoming a real drag and I am sorry for pestering you with this problem. I have double checked again and found the following: Path: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East\Profiles\autoexec_a2.cfg The last of the code strings reads as follo...
by ransomdl
27 Feb 2008, 03:51

rdeford, I made the changes you suggested and set up a user "tester", then went to the My Games folder and added the command: bindshow_console'`' after the command: bind enter_pressed 'NUM_ENTER' into the "input.cfg" file. When I opened the game using the "tester" user ...
by ransomdl
26 Feb 2008, 19:56

rdeford, Thanks, I double checked the spelling, spacing and marks that I entered to make sure they followed pitsu instructions for enabling the console, but it did not work. I did not add the command line;(bind show_console'`') originally into the "user_a2.cfg" file, only to the "inpu...
by ransomdl
26 Feb 2008, 16:23

rdeford, Thank you. I have downloaded the map from the referenced site, but have not looked at the script yet. I made the changes in the Tote game version in the "autoexec_a2.cfg" file in the Profiles folder and the "input_a2.cfg" file in the Profiles Folder/default_profile folde...
by ransomdl
26 Feb 2008, 01:24

rdeford, Thank you for the information regarding "The Basics of Heroes V Scripting" by Pitsu. I will download this file and see what I can learn. I have extracted a number of the scripts from maps in both Hof and Tote and have found them very complex and a bit overwhelming. I would like to...

Go to advanced search