Search found 118 matches

by Vector
Feb 9 2011, 7:09
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser
Replies: 829
Views: 247699

Where to start. I honestly don't know how news about my lay-off from work made it to the forums, but it did. I was hoping to keep it to myself, but I must have informed someone and didn't mention to keep it to themselves, so be it. I've been absent for a few months, and obviously I had good enough r...
by Vector
Nov 21 2010, 5:48

BDJ is the one who taught me how to modify the maps, and I won't say that it's easy, especially with Hex, and I am not exactly a hardcore programmer. Also, as BDJ mentions, not only are we modifying the map, we are incorporating new tile sets as well which in turn requres us to make new palettes. To...
by Vector
Nov 21 2010, 5:38
Topic: new multi-layered paper dolls
Replies: 15
Views: 4249

Technically it is possible to move armor position in the game, but the armor can only be moved right or down. It can not be moved left or up. Your probably already know this, but I'd figure I'd chime in. Nice graphic work too!
by Vector
Nov 7 2010, 3:12

Is this going to be classic scenario, begin as medieval and end sci-fi ? I hope you will finish it, some large projects as tribute and new order end progress. Dont want to hear another message like: is suspended for some time... Since january we didn't find any time for continuing it. Our game will...
by Vector
Aug 31 2010, 15:30

Update time; I’ll try to keep things short and sweet this time: We were finally able to successfully create new textures and import them into the bitmaps LOD. This proved to be extremely difficult, at least for myself, due to all the palettes required. This was possible with the help of Vladimir, BD...
by Vector
Aug 21 2010, 20:49

Yo guys, iam really happy your doing this to make MMX. So been scouting the web and see what i found. Is Ubisoft in on this, if not they are going to attack you guys from behind. Its a danish site, just watch the movie below, says it all: http://railgun.newz.dk/might-og-magic-roerer-paa-sig-igen Se...
by Vector
Jun 29 2010, 20:16
Topic: Graphic/Coding question regarding LodADD & MM8lvl Editor
Replies: 6
Views: 1646

I got it guys. I just used the .act file format for pallettes instead. As for what was wrong with the other type of pallette, BDJ was one step ahead.... it wasnt 768 bytes as I thought. I need to pay more attention! Thanks.
by Vector
Jun 29 2010, 17:10

Ok. I`m using the program you suggested. It looks like a great tool! However, I can not add my bitmaps because of a pallette error. i read the help file which discusses the issue, but im still doing something wrong. This is what I am doing: I took one of my 13 of my landmass graphics and named it pa...
by Vector
Jun 28 2010, 13:27

Graphic/Coding question regarding LodADD & MM8lvl Editor

Alright guys, I messed around with these two programs all day yesterday, and I would think that as often as I utilize both of them, I would know the answer to this question. First off, this is what I am trying to do: I am mapping a new region, and I have 13 brand new landmass textures that need to p...
by Vector
Jun 25 2010, 16:50

Sorry. Doube post.
by Vector
Jun 25 2010, 16:48

Very nice, it will certainly be interesting to revisit all the new countries from HoMM4! Oh, and about spells, will all of them be the same as in MM7? For one, I'd love to have the Prismatic Light from earlier MMs return (every creature on screen gets affected by a random spell or status ailment), ...
by Vector
Jun 23 2010, 14:21

Here are some examples of some new tracks for MMX done by Luring and Coolin. Big thanks to Pirvix for uploading these: Track 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8nh0tgi8ZU Track 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0tu5GjO97U Track 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiK3qDaS1Ws Also, now that you men...
by Vector
Jun 22 2010, 14:00

I must say, those weapons look superb. The hammer is awesome, I've never seen such a design before, it's very cool. One little nitpick is that the index finger should be shorter than the middle finger, and we should be seeing the back of the finger bent back towards the "grip" of the hamm...
by Vector
Jun 21 2010, 17:35

It’s been quite some time since I posted an update, and I’m sure many of you want to know what is going on with Might and Magic X. As usual we are making progress. I did have a lapse in time in which I had to move to a new location and did not have my computer available. No worries though, all is up...
by Vector
Mar 30 2010, 17:15

as long as you keep your mouth shut and surprise release it so enough people can get it (and share it between themselves) before the cease and desist letter arrives it will be fine. :D We could do that... if they even bother with a cease and desist letter, ha ha. Actually, we will make this as to w...
by Vector
Mar 28 2010, 23:36

No worries guys. We are far from dead. Just been working silently for a bit, with a little experimentation on some unchartered creation aspects. Updates are always in the works, but patience is a virtue ;)

I know how agonizing it can be to want to play a game so badly, but you just can't yet....
by Vector
Mar 1 2010, 17:56
Topic: MM8LevelEditor help
Replies: 3
Views: 1059

The best thing to do is always export the file you want to replace and take note of the filename. Always make sure the file you are importing has the exact same filename as the one you exported.
by Vector
Mar 1 2010, 17:53
Topic: More color palette issues...
Views: 1013

vladimir-maestro said his Photoshop has .ACT and .PAL formats switched. Try saving color table as .PAL and then changing its extension to .ACT. The correct file must have 768 colors. BTW, I introduced a bug in one of last versions of LodAdd that affected palettes import as bitmaps. It makes them in...
by Vector
Feb 27 2010, 0:42
Topic: changing npc portraits in mm8.
Replies: 2
Views: 1332

Hmm, this should be an easy task. Also, you need to save the file as a bitmap. Here is a simple walkthrough on how to do this: -First things first, export the original NPC file from MM8lvl editor. -Note that the file you exported has the .tga file extension, but that it is really an 8-bit bitmap ima...
by Vector
Feb 26 2010, 0:02
Topic: More color palette issues...
Views: 1013

More color palette issues...

Ok, so Vladimir is helping us with the sprites for MMX and I can get everything to work perfectly with the sprites except for the color palettes which are in the .ACT file format. Is there a program that can import palettes of this type. I remember Grayface saying that his LOD.Add can add an .ACT pa...

Go to advanced search