Snow Ape/Yeti

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Skullos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Snow Ape/Yeti

Unread postby Skullos » 05 Jul 2008, 16:36

In the editor its called Snow Ape, in the game on the hero screen its Yeti. But there is no graphic for it, the placeholder graphic is artifact, the dragon wing mantle when in hero screen, and in battle mode its a wolf, lol, confused? Is the graphic hidden somewhere, or did it never make it to the final game?

Skullos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Skullos » 05 Jul 2008, 16:40

I also added the Avatar of Death spell to my hero and tried to cast it within the game. Then it summons a ghost dragon (I think its the ghost dragon), but I was expecting something more cool. Also another unit not finished in time? Any graphics hidden in the game for this?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 05 Jul 2008, 22:58

Snow Ape was supposed to be one of the new neutral units HOoF brought, but Ubival scrapped it in last moment.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 06 Jul 2008, 11:34

There is a Yeti graphic in the data files, though it has no animations and can't be used. Also the Avatar of Death is correct, it is supposed to be a Spectral Dragon (though maybe an undead Paokai would have suited Arantir more) :)

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 07 Jul 2008, 04:33

It would have been cool (no pun intended) if Nival had finished the Yeti. I would have liked to see it as a high level creature, maybel level 7. Maybe have a cold aura that lowers the initiative of creatures around it and a chance to freeze whatever it hits for a short time. Immune to cold.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 07 Jul 2008, 21:50

That would've been cool. I'd like to see some all new creatures in H5. It would bumb the game a bit :)

Anyway, it seems like sloppy work if the Yeti/snow ape is still haunting the file inventory, making people curious. Should've been properly erased...
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”