Object and "craig" intersection?

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Object and "craig" intersection?

Unread postby winterfate » 02 Dec 2006, 01:43

Hello,

As I write this, I am creating a map which I hope to submit to this website in the coming days. I have a bunch of object and "craig" intersections (I assume it's supposed to be crag and not craig). Do they affect the map in any way? I would hope not because I've got over 50 by now :) .

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 02 Dec 2006, 04:32

hi those errors you can completely ignore. they are also in nival made maps ive heard.

i have lots and lots of them in every map ive made, unless someone can say otherwise, dont worry about them.

also, try posting in map making guild forum, you will find alot of map making posts there from other map makers :)

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 02 Dec 2006, 04:46

Thanks.

BTW, I played your fury of the elements map and it was awesome.
Good job :) .

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 02 Dec 2006, 12:24

Wondered 'bout this strange notifications too.
Good to hear that it has nothing to say.
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 02 Dec 2006, 12:57

I believe this error (from the name only- I am going on gut instinct here) comes from having an object placed on a crag.

A crag is one of those impassable shelves formed when using the raise/lower terrain tools. I would guess that if you placed an interactive object on this, it may be possible to trigger it from both sides (or neither side!) of the crag. This 'error' is simply a warning of this.

If this is so, then the error should really only appear if a trigger square is place in a crag....

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 02 Dec 2006, 21:57

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:If this is so, then the error should really only appear if a trigger square is place in a crag....
Which is exactly how it used to be for me; I used to have an academy city floating over a river without any errors. From one day to another however, About 20 craig errors joined in, pointing me to all the (impassable) parts of the city intersecting with the river. Map works normally though.

Mozared

DeejMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DeejMaster » 17 Dec 2006, 20:21

I have a buck-load of those "Crag" errors as well, however; most of them are in areas that are relatively flat. At first, I thought maybe some objects were supposed to be placed facing a "South" direction, because when I rotated and positioned them, there was an anomaly that bordered three sides, kind of like mirrored plates that reflected the sky. Later, the anomalies would disappear, but the "Crag" errors remained.

It doesn't seem to interfere with the performance of the map, although I haven't tested it yet.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”