Maps and the art of mapmaking.

Moderator: Moderators

Blake
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Postby Blake » Jun 28 2020, 14:13

your invites expired..
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Postby Quantomas » Jun 28 2020, 16:36

Here is a permanent one. Please note that the current beta isn't suitable for LotA, as it doesn't have support for scripts. I will announce it, once it is playable, but we will most likely run our own tests first.
Last edited by Quantomas on Jun 28 2020, 16:42, edited 2 times in total.
Do you love strategy games? Join us on Discord: discord.gg/JKU6tey

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Postby Quantomas » Jul 9 2020, 17:14

Did anyone have contact with Markkur recently?

infasiur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby infasiur » Sep 13 2020, 10:13

book 4 in progress?

Btw is there anyone who managed book 3 last map on hero difficulty? Is it even possible? :DD
Last edited by infasiur on Sep 13 2020, 10:15, edited 2 times in total.

Blake
Pixie
Pixie

Postby Blake » Sep 16 2020, 6:54

Quantomas wrote:Here is a permanent one. Please note that the current beta isn't suitable for LotA, as it doesn't have support for scripts. I will announce it, once it is playable, but we will most likely run our own tests first.

lol here what? There's no link in your paragraph lol.

Hmm maybe its the one in your signature.. I'll hold my breath and try that lol.

EDIT: Yup its the signature link. I'm in!

Last edited by Blake on Sep 16 2020, 6:54, edited 1 time in total.
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Postby Quantomas » Sep 16 2020, 7:54

infasiur wrote:book 4 in progress?

In principle we can do it. But there is a lot of work that needs doing first: the AI upgrade, which I am currently working on, then the plan is to upgrade the vanilla campaigns in a way that each map offers strategically interesting gameplay.

This work is going to be organized in a way that we build a team that can tackle this task successfully.

Once we have achieved this, we can set out to give LotA the same uplift. Book 1 and 2 are mostly good, Marzhin did an outstanding job there. But some maps will benefit hugely from the improved AI, and then will possibly need rebalancing. Book 3 is a different story.

Needless to say we will need good mapmakers and scripters, and also skilled players to get the outmost of the strategic challenges each mission offers.

We are building up slowly, finishing one task after another. So, if you consider participating and are on the fence, you can just as well observe what we get done. The milestones are AI (more versatile, much faster, combat AI overhaul), then an overhaul of the vanilla campaigns' first five missions (to demonstrate what I mean with overhaul of the strategic gameplay). This should give people a lot to assess and to play with. ;)
Last edited by Quantomas on Sep 16 2020, 7:56, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”