Your Favorite 4th lvl creature

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Whats your favorite 4th lvl creature

Titan/Dragon Golem
19%
Faerie Dragon/Phoenix
19%
Black Dragon/Hydra
25%
Bone Dragon/Devil
6%
Thunderbird/Behemoth
3%
Angel/Champion
27%

Total votes: 67

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Feb 2006, 12:22

Just attack with GM resistance hero,and they fall like flies.And they can reflect terror on DCs if you have the ring of greter negation(always remember to take this one of when fighting strong mages :disagree: )

SmokingBarrel
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SmokingBarrel » 12 Feb 2006, 01:09

Dark Champions are counted as undead,so you are not supposed to refelct back on them are you?

Greater negation allows that?

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 12 Feb 2006, 01:40

SmokingBarrel wrote:They only have 100 hp, and they can't reflect AOE spells, can they? A few whacks by anyone and they are dead. ( Can they reflect a terror back on dark champions?)

Ok, their spells are out of this world tough, but there are still ways to defeat them.
Except the spells they cast more than compensate for their lack of HP. Think about it. Mass Cancellation on a creature? Any idea how much havoc that single spell would wreck?

LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LordHoborgXVII » 12 Feb 2006, 01:48

In Reply to Topic

Considering that the game being referred to was never specified, I think I'll just have to take advantage of it and vote for the Vampire Lord, with their excellently decorated robes. Crusaders are fine LvL 4's as well, with decent stats and double strike. ;)

Otherwise, of course, I'd have to say Dark Champion. Their stats are decent, but what I like about them is that they're the return of the good old Dread Knights from H3. A pity they're being left out of Heroes V. Of course, Dark Champion isn't even in the poll, obviously, so I'll have to vote for Champion. Heavy armoured knights are always a wonderful thing to have around, especially if they are ultimately more effective than the Angels. But then, of course, they're under the same choice as Angels. But still, these two are the only pair of units both of which look good, considering the reasonably useful but not especially appealing units in the other towns, so I can't do anything but vote for them.
Happy Millenium!

Nobody
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nobody » 19 Feb 2006, 13:43

I like both titans and faerie dragons equally, but I voted for the dragons because I prefer the phoenix over the dragon golem.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 25 Apr 2006, 11:25

Definitely Faerie Dragons. They're cute :-D
But seing as cuteness doesn't take you anywhere :disagree: they deal a lot of damage and has the Magic Mirror... It's ping pong without the pong..

:oex:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 25 Apr 2006, 18:29

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:Titans. I love ranged troops and titans are also durable enough to hold the front line and can be buffed.

GOW
It doesn't make sense to say you like titan the best simply because they are ranged, if you really love ranged troops then the gargantuan is much better than the titan in so may ways, 1.5x the hp, area dmg, 2 shots, no range retal... one gargantuan is easily better than 5 cyclops.
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure...
:oex: winner of the the worst riddle ever :tonguehands:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 26 Apr 2006, 07:30

BenchBreaker wrote:
Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:Titans. I love ranged troops and titans are also durable enough to hold the front line and can be buffed.

GOW
It doesn't make sense to say you like titan the best simply because they are ranged, if you really love ranged troops then the gargantuan is much better than the titan in so may ways, 1.5x the hp, area dmg, 2 shots, no range retal... one gargantuan is easily better than 5 cyclops.
Certainly gargantuans are better but they're not exactly an option in this poll. Besides just because the gargantuan can take down more enemies doesn't mean it has to be GOW's favourite, eh ;)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 26 Apr 2006, 14:41

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: Certainly gargantuans are better but they're not exactly an option in this poll. Besides just because the gargantuan can take down more enemies doesn't mean it has to be GOW's favourite, eh ;)
i know the titan is his favourite, i'm just confused about his comment explaining why titan is favourite:
everything he said also apply to the gargantuan, except the gargantuan is better.

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 26 Apr 2006, 18:46

voted: bone dragon/devil
the dragon is good against other alingments and the devil is especialy good against the heaven alingment

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 27 Apr 2006, 07:08

BenchBreaker wrote:
Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: Certainly gargantuans are better but they're not exactly an option in this poll. Besides just because the gargantuan can take down more enemies doesn't mean it has to be GOW's favourite, eh ;)
i know the titan is his favourite, i'm just confused about his comment explaining why titan is favourite:
everything he said also apply to the gargantuan, except the gargantuan is better.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean it's his favourite. It's a matter of opinion B-)
- Dragon Age Origins

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 27 Apr 2006, 07:15

BenchBreaker wrote: everything he said also apply to the gargantuan, except the gargantuan is better.
And harder to find; if I start with Order, I'm guaranteed Titans, but if I start with Nature, there's no certainty I'll have even one.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 27 Apr 2006, 07:19

Bandobras Took wrote:
BenchBreaker wrote: everything he said also apply to the gargantuan, except the gargantuan is better.
And harder to find; if I start with Order, I'm guaranteed Titans, but if I start with Nature, there's no certainty I'll have even one.
I'm confused now. If you play nature there is a chance you might be able to recruit a gargantuan? Through the creature portal?
- Dragon Age Origins

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 27 Apr 2006, 10:29

You can't recruit a Gargantuan from the Creature Portal; you must get one through external dwellings. That's why there's no certainty in having even one.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 27 Apr 2006, 12:36

Okay, that's what I thought though cause I've never seen them in the Creature Portal. I've never seen the actual dwelling in a map before, only in the Editor :)
- Dragon Age Origins

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 27 Apr 2006, 12:42

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: Yeah, but that doesn't mean it's his favourite. It's a matter of opinion B-)
:| like i said, i know the titan is his favourite
BenchBreaker wrote: i know the titan is his favourite, i'm just confused about his comment explaining why titan is favourite
Bandobras Took kinda explained why titan might be better but i thought purely in terms of creature stats.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 27 Apr 2006, 12:52

Ah, creature stats...then I understand :S

I know what you said, I'm not trying to upset you :)
IMO it just sounded like you were saying he was stupid if he thought Titans were the best. I misread it...sorry... ;)
- Dragon Age Origins

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 27 Apr 2006, 14:47

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Ah, creature stats...then I understand :S

I know what you said, I'm not trying to upset you :)
IMO it just sounded like you were saying he was stupid if he thought Titans were the best. I misread it...sorry... ;)
no problem, i kinda didn't express myself very clearly either :D

Virago
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Virago » 27 Apr 2006, 18:03

To BenchBreaker:
What is your favourite then? Out of the ones in the poll?
To see the world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower hold infinity in the palm of your handand eternity in an hour - William Blake

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 27 Apr 2006, 19:21

As for stats agree gargantuan is beter, but remeber that it's painfully slow, slowin the army as well. And the chance of havin' g. is really small, because Nature dont even have Summon Gargantuans, and you can have titans anytime owning Academy.

Furthermore, it's the matter of taste which creature is the beloved one. Mostly granted by it's skills/abilities but also its looking,etc. And if GOW loves them you shouldn't criticise it. You're not forced to love them too, right?

Return to “Heroes I-IV”