Zombies, beware!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which rotten meatbag do you want? Its good for your health...

Zombie (H2)
17%
Mutant Zombie (H2)
38%
Walking Dead (H3
12%
Zombie (H3)
8%
Zombie (H4)
6%
Zombie (H5)
6%
Plague Zombie (H5)
15%

Total votes: 103

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 07 Jun 2007, 15:04

8| :-D
Had to print screen this. He is probably the type who goes sauer for a whole day when gets beaten on street fighter too...

And kids, the moral is: If you take it with class, people wont find your reaction pitiful.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Jun 2007, 16:41

Wolfsburg wrote:
And kids, the moral is: If you take it with class, people wont find your reaction pitiful.
Also, if you know the meaning of the word sarcasm you'll see less of this: :lolu:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 07 Jun 2007, 16:48

Orfinn wrote:Huh, he really got banned (what a surprise), but who knows if he may not be one of the new members :| ...nah :D
Or one of the old ones. ;)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 08 Jun 2007, 19:50

In case anyone has an interest on it, this is perhaps the only chance I get for posting this kind of thing.

When we of the medical field say dry bones we are not implying they are like dry wood. It has, matter of fact nothing to do with humidity conditions. Bones are divided in two parts, an organic one (composed of cholagen, blood vessels, fat and bonemarrow) and a mineral one, which is basicaly crystals of calcium piled up.

This organic part of the bones is not accessible to the big cleansing agents (worms, bugs, etc) this means they are usually consumed only by bacterias. Therefore it demmands more time to be completely consumed after death.

The older the skeleton is, the less organic thei bones are = the drier they get. Old skeletons brake easier than new skeletons.

I assume that in this case the only way to "kill" a skeleton is, pulverizing his bones with large fractures to prevent their mobility. Which shouldnt be particularly hard since they´re probably "dry".

In other hand, muscles cannot be broken (theyre not made of mineral crystals, but from complex cholagen proteins) they can only be ruptured. How many people you know who got a muscle fracture? I never heard of one. The amount of kilograms needed to rupture muscle is much higher than those to break single bones (Zombies 17hp skellies 5).

In this case we can say that theoreticaly zombies are one of the most resilient creatures on HOMM, because, they dont have a blood circulation or a brain demmand for oxygen. That means they dont fear liver ruptures, intestin perforations, artery cuts, muscle or bone damage. Their movements have nothing to do with brain commands and their strenght has nothing to do with glucose consumption on the muscles. They are mistically animated with the single purpose of killing.

Then probably the only question in this matter I cannot answer is: how the f*** do you kill a zombie afterall?

They should be Tier 7.

Zombie Dragon?

Jeez...

P.S: It takes a whole guide of how to kill things in Necropolis... hehehe

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jun 2007, 20:58

That's why swords are sharp...
Bones are divided in two parts, an organic one and a mineral one.
And given enough time they become rock... but the principle remains, it easier to brake something that's less in thickness.

In other hand, muscles cannot be broken they can only be ruptured. How many people you know who got a muscle fracture? I never heard of one.
RUPTURE:
Main Entry: broken
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: destroyed
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 08 Jun 2007, 21:58

1 - You realize im not writing in my mother language, I assume. Ruptura(e) is the word used in all latin languages to define soft tissue disjuction.

2 - Dude, be humble. The reason I dont comment programming is because id make a fool of myself. The definitions you search in Encyclopedia Britanica or hell knows where dont mean a thing. Im using the terminologies that are currently used in the medical science. And that has little to do with their latin origins. (although rompere and fractionare are cognates)

If you come to a radiology congress and speak of bone rupture you´d be laughed at. Ligaments, muscles, and soft tissue get ruptured, bones, teeth, hair and nails, are the only possible tissues to get fractured (because they have a hard structure)

Besides theres no point discussing etymology. You got precisely what I mean ages ago. You can snap a bone in two, but not a football sock. A football sock can only be torn up, and depending on the material, you will just not be able to do it (Muscles are that hard to tear up).
... but the principle remains, it easier to brake something that's less in thickness.
Thats not what separate muscle from bone injury, even if you want it very bad.

Now, im not discussing it further. You questioning doesnt stem from scientifical curiosity or appetite for knowledge-sharing. You just want to be right. This is the kind of debate that gets other people bored and brings nothing new to me.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 09 Jun 2007, 00:27

What the heck are you guys talking about? :| Sheesh, I leave a thread alone for five minutes and look what happens...
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 09 Jun 2007, 08:42

Heheheh, you are absolutely right Corribus. Ill delete the posts!

Sorry there!

Oops, I can only delete fresh posts...

Feel free getting the moderators to delete them!

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 10 Jun 2007, 00:27

@Corribus: Shh...don't tell them off. This conversation is...interesting. :D
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 10 Jun 2007, 02:44

Ah, caught in a never-ending debate with Titan. Good times Wolfsburg, good times.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 10 Jun 2007, 06:28

Why do the Zombies in H3 and 5 have weapons and the ones in 2 & 4 fight with their bare hands (or limbs, or whatever...)?
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 10 Jun 2007, 10:44

Wolfsburg wrote: If you come to a radiology congress and speak of bone rupture you´d be laughed at. Ligaments, muscles, and soft tissue get ruptured, bones, teeth, hair and nails, are the only possible tissues to get fractured (because they have a hard structure)
Yeah! And the reason why we are gathered today at radiology congress is .... wait a minute.. we are not at radiology congress

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 10 Jun 2007, 14:39

Oh cmon now... MistWeaver AND Titan against this vampire is too much.

Point is, Mist. If you are not able to attend to a radiology congress you are in no position to teach me about bone injury.

It would be actually quite interesting to write a guide on how to hurt-kill things in Necropolis. Ill try that if I get enough time, if I find it good, Ill post it sometime.
That's why swords are sharp...
And what do you do with a sharp sword? Zombie's brains are dead and rotten, their mobility, aggressivity or choices have nothing to do with it. Decapitation would be good as nothing... :devil:

P.S - Oh and there is one more tissue-complex in our body which can be fractured. But if Id mention it, Id be banned.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 10 Jun 2007, 14:47

Well maybe the anatomy and physiology of Ashan creatures is absolutely different from that of Earth creatures. :sceptic:
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 10 Jun 2007, 16:03

theLuckyDragon wrote:Well maybe the anatomy and physiology of Ashan creatures is absolutely different from that of Earth creatures. :sceptic:
Nice argument.

Against that one theres nothing I can say.

If Ubisoft tells us that the new disease zombies can have their muscles breaken, theres nothing I can discuss about it. This is fantasy.

But my anatomycal approach still wouldnt sound bad if you check how this all started. With a nicely elaborated joke I made about cropping zombies, for purposes of fun only.

Another arguments I couldnt possibly discuss would be...

"I find them ugly anyway" or "I find them bad developed" or even "I find their concept absolutely stupid"

I think TT should have used those from the beggining. We would have spared the other members of hearing this whole discussion.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 10 Jun 2007, 18:11

Wolfsburg wrote:Oh cmon now... MistWeaver AND Titan against this vampire is too much.

Point is, Mist. If you are not able to attend to a radiology congress you are in no position to teach me about bone injury.
And my point is, as far as we are not at the "radiology congress" we don't need to discuss what word to use to describe zombie's broken azz.

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 10 Jun 2007, 18:19

ThunderTitan wrote:
Necromancers learned that, the more muscle they have left, the more sturdy they are.
I think that has more to do with the same principle of why it's harder to break 5 sticks of wood put together then one. And dry bones are easy to brake because they are dry, not because they lack muscles.
ThunderTitan wrote: Entry: broken
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: destroyed
I dont remember having it started.
Last edited by Wolfsburg on 10 Jun 2007, 18:59, edited 2 times in total.

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 10 Jun 2007, 18:25

Omega_Destroyer wrote:Ah, caught in a never-ending debate with Titan. Good times Wolfsburg, good times.
And by the previous fame of your partner I guess im not the only one who gets stuck in eschizofrenical debates with him.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Jun 2007, 19:01

Point was that while 2 different words are used they imply the same thing... saying that bones can't be raptured and muscles can't be broken (while correct by terminology or linguistics or whatever) doesn't change that both can be damaged in the same way by the same tools.

As for cutting zombies, same principle as breaking the skeletons bones... it's just that there's more mass for to cut in the case of the zombies, which is why they have more life.

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 11 Jun 2007, 10:57

See what a fantastic waste of time:

* Independent of your enovative thickness theory you are hopelessly defending my point of view that zombies should be ressurected as soon as possible so they have more muscle on them (which would make them "thicker" an harder to cut).

* Which brings us to the point where we begun, after getting the whole audience to sleep.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”