Theory Mongers Ahoy!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Theory Mongers Ahoy!

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 23 Apr 2007, 22:00

I have a theory.

In Gauldoth’s campaign, he mentioned “lines of magic”. This rather annoyed me when I first played the campaign, as it seemed at the time a largely arbitrary and unsupported choice of plot device used to shoehorn in an awkward retrieve-the-artifact quest in an otherwise decent campaign. I’m an MM8 fan. When I think magic in the Might and Magic universe, I think ‘Elemental Planes’. And Mercedes-Lackey-style ley-lines after two or three games of bar-hopping with elementals seemed…a decidedly strange break from the norm.

But while I was surfing through the MM Novels section, I came across this line:
seizing control over the energy network called the Wire,
Dictionary.com defines a network as:
any netlike combination of filaments, lines, veins, passages, or the like:
Gauldoth was trying to access the bloody Wire!

…Anyone else have any interesting theories they’d like to share?

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Theory Mongers Ahoy!

Unread postby HodgePodge » 23 Apr 2007, 23:38

Kareeah Indaga wrote: … Gauldoth was trying to access the bloody Wire!

… Anyone else have any interesting theories they’d like to share?
I think Gauldoth got his "wires" crossed when he was burned at the stake. What do you expect from a guy who's only half alive?

My conspiracy theory:

Tawni Balfour's father, Eight-Fingers Oba, is really Obi Wan Kenobi in disguise. ;|
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Apr 2007, 00:29

Obviously the Elemental Planes Telephone & Telegraph Company decided to cut costs and run it's wiring through the Material Plane. G was a phreaker trying to access the network so his master can make free prank calls to the Nether World.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 24 Apr 2007, 14:57

i think Raelag and Agreal are, in fact, different persons! hushh, its a secret.

Archibald and Ronald are the same person. he is a schisophren.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 24 Apr 2007, 16:43

vhilhu wrote:Archibald and Ronald are the same person. he is a schisophren.
I find it rather remarkable that Catherine and the lords of Harmondale wouldn't notice that...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 24 Apr 2007, 17:34

Neh, they were too busy hunting and killing poor defenseless imps to notice anything.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 24 Apr 2007, 17:38

Gaidal Cain wrote:
I find it rather remarkable that Catherine and the lords of Harmondale wouldn't notice that...
Second that, especially since the two brothers were seen together in MM7 after Roland got rescued.

Anyone want to guess who Lysander’s siblings were, or at least what happened to them? The Oracle of the Dawn seemed to imply they weren’t dead, which means they must be wandering about somewhere…

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 24 Apr 2007, 17:51

Kareeah Indaga wrote:
Gaidal Cain wrote:
Second that, especially since the two brothers were seen together in MM7 after Roland got rescued.
(although i havent played MM) that was clearly allegorical! like, the inner schism between Roland and Archibald. The Good and the Evil side of his brain. Obviously, the player characters are symbolizing the mental healthcare of Ronaldarchibald, leaving the Evil behind and taking the Good with them. thusly, 3do is promoting the healthcare of US and A. im sure they were paid to include this. while even consciously you might not notice the allegory, subconsciously you are implied that you must use the governmental(=orthodox, as are player characters the "good" guys) healthcare system, thus ruining the financial situation of the competing private healthcare institutions. so, it was obviously subsided by someone who hated private healthcare firms.

there.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Apr 2007, 20:15

Kareeah Indaga wrote: Anyone want to guess who Lysander’s siblings were, or at least what happened to them? The Oracle of the Dawn seemed to imply they weren’t dead, which means they must be wandering about somewhere…
Ok, this is a big cosmic secret, so don't tell anyone, k? See those "portals" the angels "opened" to "a new world" weren't really to another planet... and no one really escaped The Reckoning. Truth is is everyone died, some went in to the light, others fell in the pit, while most ended up in Limbo. Of course they can't call it that anymore since the catholics abolished it. So yes, his siblings are as alive as he is.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes I-IV”