Wierdest Thing That's Ever Happened - Load Problem

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
loddydoddy85
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Wierdest Thing That's Ever Happened - Load Problem

Unread postby loddydoddy85 » 14 Mar 2007, 20:06

My girlfriend and I are playing a multiplayer hotseat Heroes III game. Next time we go to load the game in the multiplayer mode it doesn't show up. However, a 2 vs 2 game I was playing on my own does show up. When I go to the load screen for single player scenario I can load the game we were playing hotseat multiplayer is now a single player scenerio. How in the world did it switch the multiplayer game into a single player game? I can't load it anymore in the multiplayer selection but I can in the single. Anybody ever have this problem?

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 16 Mar 2007, 01:40

8|

No, the worst thing that's happened to me is the dreaded Corrupted Save :(.
When your savedgame crashes you back to desktop everytime you try to load it...

That is really weird...
So you can load it...can you and your girlfriend still play it together, or does the game turn over control of one of the players to the computer?
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Mar 2007, 12:46

Yes, you have to enter via multiplayer.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

loddydoddy85
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

I'm not a noob at this

Unread postby loddydoddy85 » 16 Mar 2007, 15:06

Yeah, of course I know I have to enter multiplayer to play together. what i'm saying is - IT DOESN"T SHOW UP ANYMORE under that section. It ONLY shows up as a single player game now. To answer the first response YES the computer does now play my turns that I was playing and only my girlfriend has control of her turn. I no longer have a turn b/c it can only be loaded in single player. It has dissappeared from the multiplayer load games section. Also, it is now saved differently and no I didn't change this. usually it would show b/c it is an 8 player game 8/2, it now shows on that column 8/1. Yes this is the weirdest thing that has ever happened. I've been playing a lot, a lot of heroes III for about 3 1/2 yrs now and I mean I've played 100's of hotseat multiplayer games. Yeah, I've had the crashed save occur too, that pisses me off the most, but this is just weird. I've never had the game reassign a save like this or what not to a different type of game save. I'm replaying the same game with my girlfriend again and it's been okay so far. I'll post if it happens again maybe something is corrupt with the map.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”