Cyclops Evolution

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which one is your favourite one eyed guy?

Heroes of Might and Magic 1 Cyclops
13%
Heroes of Might and Magic 2 Cyclops
31%
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Cyclops
4%
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Cyclops King
15%
Heroes of Might and Magic 4 Cyclops
38%

Total votes: 103

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Oct 2007, 15:12

That wasn't prediction... that was tricking fate... I PWNED YOU AGAIN FATE... ICH BIN DA ŞIT....

see, it's easy, when i predict something i don't want will happen it does, when i predict something i want doesn't it usually does. that's why i hate OPTIMISM...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 09 Oct 2007, 16:54

Only cyclops I made map about was Heroes 4 one. I guess that overrules the other nominees for Mister Cyclopus title of the century.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 11 Oct 2007, 03:35

Cyclops are GREAT units in H3 - unfortunately too many players never found out because they get them too late to have sufficient numbers, so in my mod I lowered their dwelling cost, I can get them in week 1 almost every game now. I also evened out the price difference between the basic and upgraded versions; the only real difference between them is the extra speed and cyclops kings attack twice when aiming walls.

Here are the changes:

Decreased wood cost of Ogre Fort from 20 to 15 (which is a req. for the cyclops cave, very important)
Decreased crystal cost of Cyclops Cave from 20 to 10
Decreased ore cost of Cyclops Cave from 20 to 15
Increased gold cost of Cyclops from 750 to 775
Decreased gold cost of Cyclops King from 1100 to 1025
Increased ore cost of Behemoth Crag from 10 to 15

Sure, Cyclops and Cyclops Kings *seem* weak when compared to Nagas and Black Knights - but that's because they're the only shooters of their levels. Look at the other shooters, they're all comparatively more fragile than other creatures of their levels: archers, elves, mages, monks, liches.

Their special ability makes sure your cyclops will always be useful in siege - if you judge they won't do enough damage to units inside, they can at least make your behemoths and ogres enter the castle sooner.

I made a few test duels with 0/0 heroes, 20 cyclops kings obliterate 30 power liches every time even of the liches fire first, so they're not as weak as people make them out to be. They benefit the most of the barbarians' high attack skill and high chance to learn Archery.

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 12 Oct 2007, 21:57

I say thee H4. It is simply the most practical, down-to-earth one of those. Also, it isn't a silly one-eyed goblin with a big head.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 Oct 2007, 19:09

Untamed cyclops all the way, very though and crazy as hell. Letting them be in the frontline and they will sure clear out most opponents in seconds.

Whack em all! :D

Return to “Heroes I-IV”