Ghost Evolution

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Boo

H1 Ghost
9%
H2 Ghost
48%
H3(WoG) Ghost
8%
H5 Ghost
8%
H5 Spectre
28%

Total votes: 93

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 20 Oct 2006, 20:40

I voted for H2 because it is definitely the most ghastly looking. It really exempliefies a lost, wailing soul, doomed to roam this eternal plane for all eternity. You can really see it in her hair and eyes.

H1 looks like my ex-girlfriend, only fatter.

H3(non WoG) looks like the first halloween costume I ever wore...and it sucked.

H4 is slighty more attractive than my ex-girlfriend.

H5 is not even a ghost. Starting from the un-upgraded, it looks a group of people went to the forest to go hunting, but then accidently got bear traps and such stuck on their heads. Then it seems they somehow got exposed to a lot of radiation and now glow like aliens from space. :disagree:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Oct 2006, 20:49

:lolu: :lolu: And the ex comments :rofl:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Oct 2006, 21:10

mr.hackcrag wrote:H1 looks like my ex-girlfriend, only fatter.
Let me guess, there was a strong gush of wind and you haven't seen her since.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 20 Oct 2006, 22:57

ThunderTitan wrote:Let me guess, there was a strong gush of wind and you haven't seen her since.
Wind? All it took was a sneeze and she blew herself away. Good riddance, I say.

atma6
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby atma6 » 21 Oct 2006, 06:43

I went H5 Spector. I just found them to be the most menacing, and I wasn't too fond of the early ones.

Dread Knight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dread Knight » 21 Oct 2006, 08:15

I only can`t understand why one of the H5 ghosts has a birdcage on its head.What kind of Murder is that? :devil:
Enjoy playing Heroes 3 Complete and like Cars

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Oct 2006, 08:18

Lets just say it usually involved hungry animals of some kind and leave it at that for the 'birdcage'. Sort of a history of ...torment buff and know all the nasty little things used..won't explain why.. Anyhow I think that banshee's should be female (if used) but ghosts should be both.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Oct 2006, 08:49

Mytical wrote:Anyhow I think that banshee's should be female (if used) but ghosts should be both.
Why?Just because they are traditionally females doesnt mean they should always be like that.Look at medusas.Traditionally its a single creature,not a whole race of them.Personally,I like banshees sexless.(and bodyless,but thats obvious :D )

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Oct 2006, 08:51

Banshee - Undead Elven Females...call me old fashion...just sort of think that um they should be what they were described as? Now poltergeist, ect they can be whatever. But Banshee should indeed be female..or at least imnho :)
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Oct 2006, 11:32

DaemianLucifer wrote:Look at medusas. Traditionally its a single creature,not a whole race of them. Personally,I like banshees sexless.(and bodyless,but thats obvious :D )
No, Medusa is actualy a personal name, and a woman's one. And Banshee's have always been female ghosts that wail alot.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Oct 2006, 11:34

Yeah he is thinking Gorgon (there were 3 and Medusa was 'special' hehe). From what I remember (and it has been awhile) Medusa was like the leader of the three and had abilities the other two did not. Again it has been a LOOOONG time so I may be mistaken.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Oct 2006, 11:43

Yeah, Medusa was the only one that did the nasty with Poseidon in the wrong temple.

But she wasn't really the leader, she was actualy the only mortal one.
The Banshee (IPA: [ˈbænʃiː]) is a creature in Irish mythology and known as Bean Nighe in Scottish mythology, the word being derived from the Old Irish ben síde, modern Irish bean sídhe or bean sí, "fairy woman" (bean, woman, and sidhe, being the tuiseal ginideach or possessive case of "fairy"). The sídh are derived from pre-Christian Gaelic deities.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Oct 2006, 11:49

ThunderTitan wrote: No, Medusa is actualy a personal name, and a woman's one. And Banshee's have always been female ghosts that wail alot.
Oh,so if I say bob is a creature I am mistaken?My point was that she got turned into a whole race.Just like halflings(or should I say davids?)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Oct 2006, 12:02

True, but the change is only in quantity, not other characteristics. Banshee's are supposed to be female spirits/fairies. Let's not make them into a giant skreeching insect just yet.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 21 Oct 2006, 17:03

ThunderTitan wrote:Let's not make them into a giant skreeching insect just yet.
I'm afraid it's too late for the poor treants. :(

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Oct 2006, 17:59

mr.hackcrag wrote: I'm afraid it's too late for the poor treants. :(
Precisly.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 28 Oct 2006, 10:11

aint it grand B-)

after i posted h5 upg concept art, it got 5 votes.

if anyone ever wants to start a dictatorship, let me be the propaganda minster. :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 Oct 2006, 10:37

Pft,thats nothing special.Look how pikemen...errr,I mean pikedragons are doing now after I changed their name :devious:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 Dec 2006, 12:56

Voted for H5 Spectre: Besides they may look like the undead king from lotr they makes such creepy noises, hard to hit and looks cool transparent white with green eyes. The rest of them especially the ghostly lady from H2 reminds me of granma. And WHY in the widest do you guys almost always use outdated H5 pics of creatures??? Is it so much to demand or is it to hinder H5 creatures getting less votes because of their ugly past? Im curious :devious:

Now heres how they looks like today, so would you mind replace those oozy green gas freaks? :ill:

;)
Last edited by Orfinn on 17 Dec 2006, 14:00, edited 2 times in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Dec 2006, 13:40

They look like a bunch of letters? :| Amazing :devious:

Return to “Heroes I-IV”