Sprite Evolution

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which sprite should win the miss sprite prize?

H1 sprite
6%
H2 sprite
7%
H3 pixie
8%
H3 sprite
17%
H4 sprite
11%
H5 pixie
24%
H5 sprite
26%

Total votes: 109

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 08 Sep 2006, 22:11

I voted for H3 sprite, even though I like both H3's equally. The H3 pixie is nice because it's wearing a flower garment that's more fitting for a forest spirit. But the H3 sprite has a nicer color that I'm partial to and she looks more elegant in the blue dress with a flower on it. Plus brown hair looks better than the blonde hair in this case.

The H5 versions are my next favorite, but I don't understand why the H5 pixie has starfish stuck in her hair. And it also looks like she had a bad encounter with a treant's binding attack. Don't see how she gets around when there are tree roots weighing her down. It being an elf certainly doesn't make me like more either. :disagree: The redeeming factor is that the sprite version is surrounded by butterflies.

H1 looks like it has too much attitude for such a tiny fairy, but I could imagine it being a little mischievious and spiteful.

H2 looks like it's wearing a rubber swimming suit. This is probably the first time that I feel H2 is the worst, but it could have been great if they adjusted the colors and detail a little. The mask it's wearing is a nice idea.

I don't know what to say about H4. I guess rainbow wings are okay.

Swordmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Swordmaster » 09 Sep 2006, 11:31

H5 Sprite!

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 09 Sep 2006, 17:18

i voted h4 cause it looks a bit evil :devil:

i like much more the a-bit-evil-nature (like pagans from Thief1: the dark project) stuff than happy-hippy-nature(like all homms this far).

but then again, h5 has room for a-bit-evil nature (swamp!) too. an orc town and swamp town, if ubi and nival dont bankrupt or something, im sure they WILL come one day.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Sep 2006, 18:25

vhilhu wrote: i like much more the a-bit-evil-nature (like pagans from Thief1: the dark project) stuff than happy-hippy-nature(like all homms this far).
I never saw pagans as a bit evil,especially not in thief 2 where they help you.But yes,I like to view pixies as devious tricksters.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 09 Sep 2006, 18:34

thief 2 was a downfall in storyline. pagans went good, i liked them bad. but in thief 1 they teared your eye out with tentacles, thats quite evil by itself!

h5 upg fairy looks like a human woman covered with mud. with moss you might say but still it doesnt fit the body colour.

but i dont like this: fairies go from blue to normal, uncorns go from normal to blue, that should be the same way, would be much clearer!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Sep 2006, 19:19

vhilhu wrote:thief 2 was a downfall in storyline. pagans went good, i liked them bad. but in thief 1 they teared your eye out with tentacles, thats quite evil by itself!
Pagans were never good nor evil.They always were neutral and joined with the strongest one.And thats exactly what gareth is like.At least he tries to be.It seems that the strongest one usually tricks him and tries to kill him,instead of enlisting his aid :D Also,pagans did nothing to you in 1.It was just their godess that hurt you,not them.
vhilhu wrote: but i dont like this: fairies go from blue to normal, uncorns go from normal to blue, that should be the same way, would be much clearer!
What do you mean by normal?There is no normal for fantasy creatures.There is just personal view of normal.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 10 Sep 2006, 08:08

i mean as normal "not tinted blue". they should advance the same way, i mean pixies get rid of blue color(blue is bad) and unicorns gain blue color(blue is good), why cant it go the same way?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 10 Sep 2006, 09:14

Unicorns are silver, but it seems that Nival don't see a difference betewen silver and blue.
Unicorns are gold while they are young and when they grow, they become silver.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 10 Sep 2006, 09:40

I like the blue h5 version. I don't like the blue much, and the green just seems to be more earthy. My favorite colors are Red/Black/Silver, and blue usually comes after those, but for some reason it just doesn't do it for me. Would be cool if the green's animation was like vines whipping out to smash the enemy, but the pretty lights are good too (from the ground, get your minds out of the gutter *giggles*.) Seriously though, h5 didn't do as bad a job on some of the female versions as the male versions. I mean, where's the beefcake for us ladies?? Yeah, I know it's made by mostly male for mostly male, but come on. And don't say titan...yuck. Angels? Come on, who wants a surfer wannabee? Anyhow here is hoping that they continue to make the females and males better :)
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 10 Sep 2006, 12:44

i just noticed, my ranking is pixie! look at me, im a blue fairy!

i hate tinted stuff, like those purple night elves in Warcraft III. normal elves(not tinted) that were only in campaign looked much more normal(they had same models). its the same here. luckily most of the game you have upg units anyway, so that makes me think tinted should be non-upg so i wouldnt have to suffer their existence in my army for long. i mean non-upg unicorn looks more silver-color right now than silver unicorn anyway.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 10 Sep 2006, 12:55

Mytical302 wrote:I mean, where's the beefcake for us ladies??
How about those hearty dwarves that are coming out in the expansion? With those long flowing beards and blacksmith sculpted bodies, they might know exactly how to satisfy you with the fine art of romance.

Or if you like older men, the archmages might suffice with all their knowledge and experience. Or if you like fetishes, those imps have a very long tongue... :devious:

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 10 Sep 2006, 13:00

i get the feeling liches in h5 are female too. because of that ridiculous dress. or are they drag queens?

anyway, talking of fetish, genies have such amazing hands too. who wouldnt like them?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 10 Sep 2006, 13:40

Now guys lets keep it pg at least *giggles*. Anyhow I think just all of the unupgraded look a litle worse then the upgraded...except for a few. In this case it was not so obvious. Came down, for me, to if I preferred the shade of blue to the shade of green. I like darker blue, toward midnight or near purple so this shade of blue was not good for me.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Sep 2006, 20:13

vhilhu wrote:because of that ridiculous dress. or are they drag queens?
No, they're just secure enough in their i'll melt your face and turn you into a mindless servant position not to care about the fashions of their lessers. ;)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 22 Dec 2006, 16:53

Vlad976 wrote:Vote Heroes 3 Sprite

The Heroes 5 versions look like they've been rolling around in, something... :|
Its natural skin camoflage, like the tigers stripes on their pelt. And those vines are like a camoflage costume :)

@mr.hackcrag
, but I don't understand why the H5 pixie has starfish stuck in her hair.
Its flowers my friend, flowers :butterfly:

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 24 Dec 2006, 06:16

Definitely the H5 Sprite (which reminds me of the Picture of the Day where a Wraith "harmfully touch" some Sprites... :devious:...they should change the name of that skill...it could be misinterpreted) :tongue:.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 01 Jan 2007, 00:23

Voted: H5 Pixie

I seldom think that the H5 creatures are superior to the other games, but in the case of the Pixie/Sprite, they are beautiful. :applause: In my imagination, they are what a Pixie or Sprite should look like. I voted for the Pixie because I love the blue coloring … but the Sprite takes a close second in this poll.

Another H5 creature I voted for was the Unicorn. The H5 Unicorn is also beautifully done and got my vote. Hmmm, think I'm partial to Sylvan/Nature creatures? :proud:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 01 Jan 2007, 12:43

Well, your avatar does show that you are an elf :P
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 01 Jan 2007, 20:00

Elves Forever!

:D
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 01 Jan 2007, 20:11

Voted for the H1 Sprite. She looks better (and cuter) in-game. Oh yeah, and there is some nostalgia involved. ;)
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Return to “Heroes I-IV”