Favourite HoMM story

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which of thiese stories you find the best?

The Successon Wars
23%
H3 and expansions
25%
H4std stories
38%
Queen Isabel's War (H5)
5%
Not mentioned here
10%

Total votes: 40

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

I have to agree that HOMMIV has the best stories.

Unread postby Elwin » 28 Aug 2006, 02:05

Heroes 4's stories were the best. A start of a new world seems very fairy tale-ish......exactly how I liked it. The life campaign features something like a throne war, which I find very nice since I'm very interested in medieval times honor. The Order campaign is long and about a woman who went from a glass blower to a queen. Then there's Solymr the faithful servant, and the war for the Price of Peace, all very unique and interesting. Elwin and Shaera was "funny" at first, especially since I thought Lord Harke was a fat man...was he the same person as Lord Haart? The Half-Dead Campaign was hard at first....but its story had a real unique touch, with a drop of good and evil. Finally there's the Might and Chaos campaign which I didn't really enjoy, Tawni is too ruthless (but her story kept me hanging on for a while), and as for might I didn't even bother at all with it.

My favourite campaign was Elwin and Shaera overall, it was so lovish, once my brother played a game with a level 70 Shaera who could have creamed Lord Harke......Muahahahahahah. Still, though, Harke wasn't really an awful person unlike pitiful Kalibarr, but the villian part of Elwin and Shaera was not so good. Half-Dead was more like it, and I would have liked six scenarios instead of five, like one when you had to fight Lord Harke again, this time he possesed or something.....
In the diameter of the Universe, we are but a single flame. To say that we're insignificant is to give us....too little credit. But if the universe chooses you to be part of its plans, then you better let go because it makes it more fun when you don't know what's about to happen next!

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Aug 2006, 06:19

i agree that elwin and shaera and the pirates daughter were great stories - so voted 4
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 28 Aug 2006, 08:16

Voted H3 story.
Somehow the Restoration War really got to me...
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Re: I have to agree that HOMMIV has the best stories.

Unread postby Marzhin » 28 Aug 2006, 08:46

Elwin wrote:Still, though, Harke wasn't really an awful person unlike pitiful Kalibarr, but the villian part of Elwin and Shaera was not so good. Half-Dead was more like it, and I would have liked six scenarios instead of five, like one when you had to fight Lord Harke again, this time he possesed or something.....
Actually what I liked in this campaign is the fact the main villain could have been (and actually was) a great hero who went mad because of jealousy. regarding the ending of the story, NWC had probably plans for him in the (never-to-be) future. (Harke will be one of the heroes of my upcoming Legends of the Ancients campaign for Heroes V... if only Nival could release the map editor ^^)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 28 Aug 2006, 10:36

Harke didn't went mad. He is still sane, but he became too ambitious and tought that he can do whatever he wanted becasue he was the great hero. Can't blame him. Many people become like him.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 30 Aug 2006, 09:34

H2 story - it isn't so good but you can chosse your lord and betrayed (or not) him.
You also have to choose - help magic guild or save (or slay) dwarfs. Not mention about scenario before last mission - search for crown (ultimate artifact) or gather troops to final map.
In later heroes you always have linear campaign - and always good side win.

H3 story - well RoE is not so good but AB (especially Mutare and Dracon campaign) is better and SoD or HC are the best H3 stories.

I never like H4 story - maybe because it discribes persons not a world and I like to know about world not about that somebody cloak was "marked" by white tiger or that person is in love to princess.

And H5...even if i don't like H4 stories I wanted to know how there are finishing. In H5 I had enought of this when I started Markal's campaign (Where I saw this story? - I don't remember, even Sandro's name say me nothing ;) ).

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 30 Aug 2006, 10:59

Yes, I agree with you about H2 campaign. Shame that other games weren't as free as that one.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 30 Aug 2006, 13:54

I loved the H3 expansion stories more than RoE. Especially the Shadow of Death campaign with Sandro getting those insane artifacts while manipulating everybody. The other Heroes stories were great, but I loved the H3 expansion stories alot more than others..

Lunar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lunar » 30 Aug 2006, 15:30

I voted for H4 stories but only from New World Origin (oryginal campaigns) for much of texts. TGS and WoW are pretty dull, but they'd be better anytime.
I really don't like Ashan world. :| Axeoth is better.
On second place i take H3 Campaigns and Tarnum adventures :)

ps - (i played only four first chronicles(WotW, MotE, CotD, CotU), cause next 4 (FM, WT, RoB, SoF) never appeared in Poland :( )

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2006, 19:00

Avonu wrote: I never like H4 story - maybe because it discribes persons not a world and I like to know about world not about that somebody cloak was "marked" by white tiger or that person is in love to princess.
But without character dev there is no story, JJ said so. :devil:

I liked the fact that Elwin and Shaera was ancient myths/stories/fairytales 101. It was cute. And Half-Dead / Pirate's Daugther actualy had pretty smart protagonists, which is a huge plus in my book. The rest were good, but like a guy called Bass once said on a comic book forum where i check for the apperence of new comics, if i can think of a way the story could be better then it kinda loses it's fun.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 31 Aug 2006, 20:21

ThunderTitan wrote: But without character dev there is no story, JJ said so. :devil:
Yeah, right
First of all - I am not JJ. :devil:
Second - H2:PoL - Descendants campaign. No characters dev but campaign was great - old king (or chief or...barbarian leader) tells story about his tribe past - and you played this "historical" battles and watched how tribe become stronger and stronger. In the end, barb leader has to finish what his ancestors start - and guess, who will comand final battle? ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2006, 20:23

I also enjoy history, and those type of stories. I just couldn't resist being a meanie.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes I-IV”