We're pleased to announce that open source project Free Heroes of Might and Magic II has just got a new release - 0.8 version with a plenty of delightful changes! Here is a short list of them:
- - Major rework of battle animations including units, spells and heroes
- Implementation of color cycling to animate water/lava surfaces, adventure map objects and units
- Refining UI including scaling, responsiveness, alignment and content (both text and sprites)
- Implementation of missing spell effects such as Lightning, Armageddon, Death Wave as well as fixing many others
- Update render engine and added SDL 2 optimizations; better fullscreen and high resolution support
- Numerous game logic fixes including combat, spells, map, AI and pathfinding
- Improvement of music support and sound mapping, updated MIDI converter
- Add SMK video support
- Over 200 bugs fixed since 0.7 release
The project's growing and there's a lot of work to be done, so it needs your support as players as well as some help from development and design/modding side! We're out of designers for now but we need them in order to at least fix problems with the original game graphics.
We also on a brainstorming stage for the future add-on once we fully replicate the game.