The Map of Axeoth by Marzhin

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 May 2006, 12:18

Palaedra (Life) - Lysander
Great Arcan (Order) - Emilia Nighthaven
Nekross (Death) - Gauldoth half-dead
Golden Sea (Chaos) - Tawni Balfour
Ararnon (Nature) - Unknown
Unknown (Might) - Wearjack

Source was hc
Sorry I have cz version, so I''m unsure about other names as you, furthermore I didn't play h4 campaigns any little...
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 May 2006, 18:11

Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Paladin » 05 May 2006, 08:03

Ooh, you've made something I've always wanted. Thanks! :applause:

As for the maps of the other MM's, an image search does the trick.
A cat is fine too...

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 05 May 2006, 09:05

ThunderTitan wrote:AoH also has nice descriptions for all the Campaigns:
http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... igns.shtml

And the Barbarian lands are called Tribal Lands.
Thanks a million times ! It helps a lot !

By the way, the Tribal Lands are the place named "Steppes Barbares" on the map (northwest of Grand Arcan)

Here you can download a bigger version of the map if you wish : http://j.pirou.free.fr/files/axeoth_big.jpg

And some explanation :

CHEDIAN : The most detailed map we got of a region of Axeoth, the question was : where to put it ? As I always assumed Channon was an offspring of the old Ursanian Empire, it seemed logical to put them next to each other.

ImageImage

CHANNON : Talking about Channon... You can see briefly a map in the opening movie from Winds of War, but I changed it a lot to fit my design when I realized the lands of Axeoth were somehow dragon-shaped ;)

ImageImage

LODWAR : This one was quite obvious, really. Still, I messed up a bit when drawing, "Glaivenoir" and Aranorn are too close, this whole part is too "thin" (I'm not sure if it means anything, but hopefully you'll get the idea ;))

ImageImage

If you have any remarks, don't hesitate ;)
Last edited by Marzhin on 05 May 2006, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 May 2006, 09:27

Where are?

...when I clicked on a thumbs a had seen only thumbs and when I pick the big it's shows only: "404 reasons why archimage is not at home"

Greaty now ;) Must get scanner, I like to doing maps to the death. :D
Last edited by Pol on 05 May 2006, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 05 May 2006, 09:35

Pol wrote:Where are?

...when I clicked on a thumbs a had seen only thumbs and when I pick the big it's shows only: "404 reason why archimage is not at home"
Should be good now (I wrote "axeoth-big" instead of "axeoth_big" for the file name in the link, sorry !)

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Paladin » 05 May 2006, 10:13

Uh... it still doesn't work for me. :bug:
A cat is fine too...

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 05 May 2006, 10:30

Paladin wrote:Uh... it still doesn't work for me. :bug:
What doesn't work exactly ? Have you tried to refresh/clean your browser cache ? Concerning the thumbs the linked pics ARE small.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 May 2006, 10:33

Better?
"We made it!"

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Paladin » 05 May 2006, 10:48

It works now. Thanks! :applause:
A cat is fine too...

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 15 May 2006, 09:34

New version, in English !

It is now more accurate. It's still work in progress, there are many little things that need to be fixed (for instance, it's "Quid Sea" and not "Quilt sea") and I still don't have the english names for one location from The Gathering Storm : the kingdom of "Glaivenoir" (french name) where Dogwoggle's campaign takes place. If someone with TGS in english would check the name of the kingdom (that's in fact the family name of the three brothers that rule the country) I would be very grateful ;)

For those who wonder, Taddevan is a hero from Emilia Nighthaven's campaign ;)

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 15 May 2006, 16:17

In which scenario are they mentioned?

P.S. Where are the lands from the north-west from? Chedian, Mendossus, Sea of Ver-what's-his-name? Where they in a game I don't know of? :| Oh, and what does A.C. mean in the Year part? If anything, I'd think they'd be counting years since the Reckoning.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 15 May 2006, 16:38

theLuckyDragon wrote:In which scenario are they mentioned?
For the "Glaivenoir" kingdom, it's in Dogwoggle's campaihn from H4 : The Gathering Storm. Dogwoggle basically slay the three Glaivenoir (or whatever their original english name) brothers one by one during the three scenarii of this campaign.

Can someone also check the name of the sea where Elwyn and Shaera shipwreck at the beginning of their campaign ?
theLuckyDragon wrote:P.S. Where are the lands from the north-west from? Chedian, Mendossus, Sea of Ver-what's-his-name? Where they in a game I don't know of? :| Oh, and what does A.C. mean in the Year part? If anything, I'd think they'd be counting years since the Reckoning.
All the lands around the Sea of Verhoffin are from Might and Magic IX. M&M9 takes place on Axeoth too. It is said in M&M 9 that people of Axeoth calculate years starting with the Cataclysm that destroyed the old Ursanian Empire. I figured the "Exiled" from Erathia would adopt the same calendar as the natives. But anyway, there is a mistake with the date : it should be 528 A.C. (After the Cataclysm), another thing to fix... :devious: It's 8 years after the Reckoning and 1176 or so after the Silence, if you want to know ^^

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 15 May 2006, 16:47

Glaivenoir = Blacksword

And please give me a link to more info on the world-details from M&M9. I'm intrigued by the new information. CH doesn't seem to have a story section in the M&M9 view.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 15 May 2006, 16:58

theLuckyDragon wrote:Glaivenoir = Blacksword

And please give me a link to more info on the world-details from M&M9. I'm intrigued by the new information. CH doesn't seem to have a story section in the M&M9 view.

For info about MM9, the best site I know is this one, but it's in french : http://mm9.portailsmm.com/histoire.html

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 15 May 2006, 17:05

Volontiers. Je suis ici si tu as besoin d'autre choses. :)

(is there supposed to be an "s" at the end of "autre" up there?) :embarrased:

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 16 May 2006, 08:16

theLuckyDragon wrote:Volontiers. Je suis ici si tu as besoin d'autre choses. :)

(is there supposed to be an "s" at the end of "autre" up there?) :embarrased:
Yes, indeed ;)

By the way, the map is back, alsmost final version this time I believe. Tell me if you spot anything wrong :

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 May 2006, 16:41

The original drawn on paper before was better, lookings more naturally than latest very syntetical version. Could be this style back? :beg:
"We made it!"

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 May 2006, 18:37

Seeing as that one was drawn by hand it might have taken some time. Lets wait 'till he finishes converting the names and stuff before we ask for a hand-drawn one.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 17 May 2006, 04:57

Awesome map. :) It’s good to know I’m not the only one who takes note of the nitty-gritty details in the games (though most of mine are on the world of Enroth). So a few extra notes for you:

--Elwin and Shaera were on the coast of the Gold Sea in map 1. Towns in the region were Dandelion (*winces*), Jagged Den, and Dolphin Jump. (Possibly more.)

--Towns near Paledon are Rasen Hill, Barrington, and Muldroon. (Once again, possibly more. I’m only mentioning the towns that appear in the plot blurbs, the rest I have to check to see if they’re randomly named or not.)

If you need anything else, let me know. I freely admit my notes on the H/MM games aren’t complete, but I do believe they are rather extensive.

Also, a question; where did you find the 8 years from the Reckoning time? I found one reference to time from the Reckoning in Lysander’s campaign, and that said 4 years. (And 12 years after Lysander was knighted and six years since Desette last saw Sir Kentaine and…) I know the campaigns don’t all happen at the same time, however (Gauldoth’s at least would have to be after Emilia’s), so did you get it from a different campaign?

Return to “Heroes I-IV”