Thinking of creating H4 LOTR campaign/s based on the books.

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 05 Jul 2015, 08:22

There doesn't seem to be much indoor furnishings. I was thinking of having an underground section for Bag End, but there are no beds, and very little (if any?) furniture. What have others done when wanting to make a realistic looking indoor space? And for the sides of the house/hole, there is a choice of Stone, Cave or stone Walls. Maybe I could use grass or dirt mountains for the edges.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 05 Jul 2015, 10:35

I'm almost certain that none other has ever made an inside of say a house, other than in text. I'm also not quite sure why you'd expect it from a game like heroes, where battles take place on an adventure map and not inside a castle 🏰 or a house. You have a few quest huts, dwellings and other buildings which can make it out for a small town or village. Other than wanting to presenting Bag End, what would be the purpose of moving about inside the houses?
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 05 Jul 2015, 11:11

I've decided that I don't have the motivation to make an entire map, let alone a campaign on my own at this stage in my life. As it is, I love the H4 game, but making maps and campaigns largely on my own is beyond me.

Thanks to all the people who offered their help.

Best regards,
Steven.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 05 Jul 2015, 19:16

:rip: this idea had a short life, but better to realize it before begining than having begun and then facing the fact, that it's more than one can overcome single man. fair decision..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Return to “Heroes I-IV”