Maygwans Map Pack + My favourite xl map pack.

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
maygwan
Scout
Scout

Maygwans Map Pack + My favourite xl map pack.

Unread postby maygwan » 03 Aug 2011, 07:37

Hi all ive put all my maps into a map pack most are on here a few are not.
I have included my latest map This is legion 4 (4 player multiplay map) There are maps for the solo play on this is legion 4 also.
It as been sent to ch so should appear on there for dload any time soon.

Here is the link to my map pack.
http://www.mediafire.com/?bvb1643ksd954al

Also some of my favourite maps that i have played are also put into a map pack. Mainly xl maps here is the link to over 50 xl maps.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vaw2dtydvoja3n2
Maps in this link
Angelic pride series
Jedi story
wayfarer
empire of the world 1-2
clash of the titans
the beginning of the end
arena of death
monster island
darkworld war of worlds
221 baker street
running with devil (i loved this map)
adventure knoll
battle for glory
canberra
dragon king
eternal love solo and campaign
fall and rise of sharai
hail to the king
goldheart
hell vs heaven
illusion trilogy
legion
legion war
nacval conflict
necromancing thye bone
pandora,s box
podarok
prodical
reavers of the north
the black hand
ringing of victory
rise of the phoenix
rune
riverworld
sander's folly
test of time
the big fight
the gate of destiny
the gholam
the lone knight
the lord of war
the nine lakes
the pen and sword
the story of a fool
the tale of the mighty
the uprising
to kill for power
tolkiens middle earth
universe last stand
unleashing the bloodthirsty
vanadia
vanadia's ruler
vengeance is mine
wild world
wings of heaven
+more

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 03 Aug 2011, 14:48

Thank you, I was looking for some of those for a long time, with famous sites going up and down it became harder and harder.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 04 Aug 2011, 05:32

No worries valery i have these and 1000s more on a seperate harddrive lol from many years of collecting the maps.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Maygwans Map Pack + My favourite xl map pack.

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Aug 2011, 12:18

maygwan wrote:It as been sent to ch so should appear on there for dload any time soon.
I have received it but I was planning to wait until I got home before releasing it on the main page. That way, I can get the minimaps as well. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Re: Maygwans Map Pack + My favourite xl map pack.

Unread postby maygwan » 04 Aug 2011, 16:14

Kalah wrote:
maygwan wrote:It as been sent to ch so should appear on there for dload any time soon.
I have received it but I was planning to wait until I got home before releasing it on the main page. That way, I can get the minimaps as well. :)
Thats fine kalah not a problem was just informin folk it will be on the maps page soon. ps ty for doing the mini maps too much appreciated.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 06 Aug 2011, 02:31

I am playing right now Jedi Story. Wow, for his first map, this man rocks. Beautiful and tricky.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 07 Aug 2011, 05:21

Salamandre wrote:I am playing right now Jedi Story. Wow, for his first map, this man rocks. Beautiful and tricky.

I played that map a few days ago its massive but there are crazy amounts of hidden areas and stuff and if you miss some the map gets real hard.
The main thing is to get tome of earth you can easily miss it.

I have just finished clash of the titans too a really great map very hard at the start.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

getting past the first day of Jedi: can anyone answer this?

Unread postby cjlee » 21 Aug 2011, 19:56

Hi Maygwan:

I downloaded your map pack and really had a good time. But I'm terrible, so I didn't make much progress.

On Jedi Story, I am stuck on Day One! I killed the peasants with death ripple, but now I have to get past a big bunch of rogues. I have armageddon's blade, but not enough mana to cast and no time to recover the mana. I don't have a town, so I'm under the 7 day constraint.

What should I do? I heard that on this map there are many hidden paths, but I don't seem to be able to find a hidden well or trigger any items that give me mana.

qiox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby qiox » 23 Aug 2011, 01:46

Thanks for the maps. There's a few in there I have not tried.

Although I'm none too please with Jedi Story. The mapmaker made a rather annoying error.

I absolutely hate it when there are boat landings 1 square in size that must be used to progress. Which allows for a "week of the dragon fly" or some such thing to block it off putting an end to the game. It's so simple to avoid and yet so many mapmakers just put no thought into that issue.

Image[/img]

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 23 Aug 2011, 15:18

It is not mapmaker error but Ubihole error. They added week of but forgot to either give a counter in editor or game options. The only option is to play it in disabled WoG, I posted here in forum settings.

What would be your proposals, make every landing spot 2 hexes? It is possible that week of places on both as well within time. How many hexes to allow to make sure? No way.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”