The infamous Heroes 3 armorer turret bug

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 20 Jun 2011, 14:15

GreatEmerald wrote:Interesting. Does this work with H3HD? And what about Heroes Chronicles?
I downloaded all of the entire Heroes Chronicles campaigns on a chinese site not long ago.

I have lost the bookmark, but have the campaigns. If you wish I'll send the H3Cs to you.
The only difference AFAIK is that Tarnum's portrait doesn't show up, instead you get a generic portrait.

Aenain
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aenain » 14 Jul 2011, 13:54

Hello,

Thank you for this fix, this is awesome !

However, I need your help because I don't have the no-cd version, but the "Complete" one with the .ICD file (i.e. I have to insert the disc everytime), and I'm not sure what to do. Those who have that version, what did you do exactly please ?

Do I have to remove the 330 kB HEROES3.EXE (version 4.0) and the bigger HEROES3.ICD files and put kyrub's executable in the game folder ? I tried this and I still have to insert the disc (but not at the same time : with the original version, I cannot launch the game at all without the disc).

I've also tried with an hex editor but the adresses you gave had values that did not match, too :(

I would be very grateful for your help

Return to “Heroes I-IV”