Uninstalling patches

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
lghtngfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Uninstalling patches

Unread postby lghtngfan » 17 Mar 2010, 03:16

Hi everyone,

After unsuccessfully attempting to download and install the Robin Hood campaign for IV-TGS, and looking at some of the info on patches, I've realized that I messed up and need to uninstall my game and start over. However, every time I go to re-install, and then redownload the patches, I'm getting that dreaded error message about an old version. I've done just about everything I've read about to clear HOMM IV, including a hard uninstall by erasing folders and registries, deleting the Temporary Internet Files, and physically deleting leftover files (and yes, rebooting), but nothing's working. I can't get it to forget that these patches have downloaded.

Does anyone have an idea on how to completely delete the freshly downloaded patches? I'd really appreciate it. (I really want to try this campaign! lol)

OR: Does the WoW expansion include all of the patches for the original game and the Gathering Storm expansion?

solitaire345
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby solitaire345 » 17 Mar 2010, 19:21

if this campaign is for TGS, you must install TGS expansion. standart patches are not what you need. WoW expansion should include all previous patches (IMHO), but it doesn't include data files, needed for previous expansion, so you still need to install TGS expansion

lghtngfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lghtngfan » 18 Mar 2010, 01:05

Ahh ... I should clarified that a bit better. I was thinking about buying the second expansion. (Yes, I know I'm behind ...) I know I have to install TGS to play a TGS game. Not being snippy to your reply ... it *did* look like that's what I meant on my P.S.

I thought of a couple of things while I was at work today that I didn't try yesterday.

Thanks for replying, Solitare. I'll keep you updated to see if I get it to work.

lghtngfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lghtngfan » 18 Mar 2010, 01:43

Argh ... there goes my foolishness again! I was ignoring the hints to check your region version. The TGS I just bought from Amazon.com was a UK version. (I'm just glad it wasn't a pirated version ... I'm totally against that.) I was able to patch up to 3.0 in the UK files, and the Robin Hood campagin finally showed up in my scenarios!

Thanks for trying to help me, Solitaire, and I'm glad there's still people around to give out advice. :)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”