MM and HOMAM history

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Cabal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM and HOMAM history

Unread postby Cabal » 09 Mar 2010, 08:04

Hi,
finally I have made a decision - to make a big compilation of MM history (well, actually I have made this a long time ago - but in my native (czech) language, so it is of no use for you all :)
Anyone knows where to find texts from campaigns ? (HOMAM 1+2 are OK; HOMAM 3 and 4 and CHronicles are problem. I know that the maps can be opened in map editor and the texts are there (the scripted ones - either to some day or some locations or actions), but if they can be found somewhere..

MM story will be in MM history too (because what is HOMAM story without MM?).

I need them mainly because my english is terrible, so it is better to use game texts than my own compilation of events (it will be there too, but the smaller part made by myself the better :D
Thanks for your help!

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 09 Mar 2010, 15:09

This is what we have our Wiki for:
http://mightandmagic.wikia.com/

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 09 Mar 2010, 19:53

I have all texts from the entire series except MM3, Swords of Xeen and the Ardon spinoffs (Warriors, Shifters). I'm (supposed to be) sending them to Celestial Heavens for permanent uploading, but I want to compile ALL of them first.

I'd agree that more energy could go into the wiki, not just because I'm its admin. A great wiki is a testament to the community's dedication and really helps casual gamers to understand and appreciate the series when it gets convoluted; look at Dragon Age and Metal Gear Solid for instance.

Cabal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cabal » 10 Mar 2010, 07:08

Corlagon wrote:I have all texts from the entire series except MM3, Swords of Xeen and the Ardon spinoffs (Warriors, Shifters). I'm (supposed to be) sending them to Celestial Heavens for permanent uploading, but I want to compile ALL of them first.

I'd agree that more energy could go into the wiki, not just because I'm its admin. A great wiki is a testament to the community's dedication and really helps casual gamers to understand and appreciate the series when it gets convoluted; look at Dragon Age and Metal Gear Solid for instance.
You are right of course! Looks like there is some work to do in the wiki ;)

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 10 Mar 2010, 16:46

Yeah, I think it's a pity Zamfir and I are the only ones contributing to it. I mean, we're trying to cover three acclaimed series with a twenty-five year history so it's not like there's a lack of fans out there.

I would love to see ANYONE from here editing over there; whether they're non-native English speakers or illiterate or whatever doesn't matter. I believe it will become a very good resource eventually, but I really don't want "eventually" to mean 2089 at the earliest.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 10 Mar 2010, 17:13

I'd be contributing more, but my projects are keeping me too busy to do that...

Return to “Heroes I-IV”