Sorsha !!HE5

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Sorsha !!HE5

Unread postby Salamandre » 28 Jun 2008, 00:22

I want Sorsha to upgrade marksmans/sharpshooters to lava sharpshooters. I read the tutorial by Quirquish and imagined this code, but gives an error. What I miss?

ZVSE
_WARNING_#1=IMPORTANT! This file is not in a plain text format. NEVER use any editor except ERM_S for making any kind of changes!
ERMS_PoweredBy=ERM Scripter v. 2004.10.5.945

!!HE5:X6/$137/$3/$171;

HE5 is sorsha
X deal with hero specializations
137,3 are the ID for creatures to upgrade to ID 171

EDIT: I got it to work, just studied Abduction from Grigori Minchev, was a little more complex:) I wish I could delete some unusefull post...

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Re: Sorsha !!HE5

Unread postby ByteBandit » 28 Jun 2008, 01:40

Salamandre wrote:I wish I could delete some unusefull posts...
If I did that, I would'nt have any posts at all. :scared:

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: Sorsha !!HE5

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 29 Jun 2008, 13:34

Salamandre wrote:I want Sorsha to upgrade marksmans/sharpshooters to lava sharpshooters. I read the tutorial by Quirquish and imagined this code, but gives an error. What I miss?

ZVSE
_WARNING_#1=IMPORTANT! This file is not in a plain text format. NEVER use any editor except ERM_S for making any kind of changes!
ERMS_PoweredBy=ERM Scripter v. 2004.10.5.945

!!HE5:X6/$137/$3/$171;

HE5 is sorsha
X deal with hero specializations
137,3 are the ID for creatures to upgrade to ID 171

EDIT: I got it to work, just studied Abduction from Grigori Minchev, was a little more complex:) I wish I could delete some unusefull post...
I don't know how you fixed it (you may want to post it for future scripters who might have the same problem), but looking at your original code, it seems you just mistakenly put in a $ before each number. To set a value, you just place the number. To read a value (when allowed) you use a ? prefix.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 29 Jun 2008, 16:54

I noticed it. I made her to upgrade sharphooters to lava sharpsooters. The only problem so far is that it offers me to upgrade again the lava s to...lava again, without fee. I missed somewhere the code to stop the procesus

ZVSE

[Hero screen mouse click]
!?CM2;

!!HE5:N?v1; [Get current hero #]
!!VRz2:S^Can upgradeSharpshooters, Marksmans to Lava sharpshooters.^;
!!UN&v1=5:G2/5/2/2; [Set Sorsha's specialty text to z1]
!!FU29750&v1=5:P; [Call function if Sorsha]

!#HE5:X6/3/137/171;

Did I say thank you for your tutorial? I started from nothing and helped A LOT. I dont know if I can create original scripts but at least, after reading it I can understand others and modify them. Thank you Q Dragon!

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 30 Jun 2008, 21:35

Salamandre wrote: Did I say thank you for your tutorial? I started from nothing and helped A LOT. I dont know if I can create original scripts but at least, after reading it I can understand others and modify them. Thank you Q Dragon!
You're welcome. When I first started scripting, I had many problems (which I discuss in the start of the thread), which is why I created it. I'm not a spectacular coder, so I don't do much, but I try to make things interesting.

Return to “Wake of Gods”